Debt free?

7,703 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Fife
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FriendlyAg said:

Jonathan Taylor Thomas said:

Paid off all my credit cards last year. Only debt I have left is my car payment. Still have 66 months left on it. But the monthly payment is under $500 so not too bad

Only 66 months huh?

Assuming $475 a month x 66 months = $31k and treefiddy.

Must be a nice car!
HC
Not quite a luxury car.
Post removed:
by user
ClickClack
AG
As of this week, I'm a whole lot closer to being debt free
GMM
Jeep Cherokee...Trailhawk edition
riverrataggie
AG
gigemags-99 said:

SkiMo said:

A house is not a debt...it's an investment.

A house is just a box you live in.

Debt is a garden. Can you dig it?
Tree Hugger
AG
Not debt free per se, but have more equity in my home than than I owe, and aside from that is two years left on a zero percent car note on my wife's car. No other debt.

I have enough in savings to pay both off, but prefer to save for the kids' educations and take lavish vacations every year. I'll be 100% debt free with both kids out of college before I am 50.

I call that a win based on my very meager upbringing.
Carlo4
AG
I owe about $9k on my Lexus and owe a similar amount for Grad school.

Will pay them off both end of year (goal).
Bruce Almighty
AG
Only debt is student loans. Mine will be paid off by this summer. Wife will probably be another 4-5 years.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
30 and will have the mortgage paid off in June, plus a good start on kid's college funds.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
The effective rate on my mortgage is in the low 3s. I can make my cash work better than that elsewhere in my sleep.

I only have 64 more monthly payments + 253 more weekly payments + the standard CBP (crippling balloon payment) left on my Astro van and that sucker is MINE.

I also owe my loan shark about $45 grand and my bookie another $25 k.

I have sleeve tattoos that are financed as well. I did the $500 down + monthlies on those babies. Only downside is that the tattoo parlor will be after me with a cheese grater if I miss a payment.

In honor of this thread:

Duncan Idaho
gigemags-99 said:

HC said:

gigemags-99 said:

Been in debt before...never again. I don't care if it is a tool. The borrower is slave to the lender.

You don't have to borrow to invest.
what we're you lending that caused your problem?

I had credit cards I was paying off every month; ya know...getting travel points and what not. Then one day I felt a lump on my right testicle. Had good insurance but rounds of chemo tend to cut in to the old budget. Been in remission for 6 years now.

That's what you get for touching yourself.

Leander - Ag
AG
Lol poors
permabull
AG
mm98
AG
Bondag said:

I still have a few years left on the mortgage, but at 2.875% I am not in a hurry to pay it off.

Same here. I Probably have more years left than you but sitting at 2.5% mortgage rate.
gtaggie_08
AG
31 and outside of our mortgage have been debt free for two years. Paid cash for a nice truck this last year and my wife decided to be a stay at home mom when the baby was born and gave up $40k in salary to do so and we've never been happier. We are DR fans and teach FPU usually once a year at least. Even went on his show to do our debt free scream before going to Cabo for vacation. We have started to fully find each Roth IRAs and kids college.
LupinusTexensis
No debt. About to take out a loan for a house though which will put me under the thumb for 30 years if I don't pay it off early.
OasisMan
AG
34, married, 2 kids
Have about ~500k-ish for schooling, home, truck
Starting first real job in July
vin1041
AG
And smoke weed everyday!!!
ChiefKiefton
ChiefKiefton
Take a 15 year mortgage and force yourself to pay it off early. And don't get more house than you need. The amount of foreclosed houses in the Colorado area is insane.
The Fife
Mortgage on the house we live in + the rental we kept and that's it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.