Paying for college

8,101 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Come Out Roll
V8Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
proc said:

V8Aggie said:

Parents had Texas Tomorrow Fund that paid for me to go to A&M. I was on my own for law school with loans. Will have the $173k note paid off next March (That's in less than 6 years). Saving an ass load on interest.
Curious, what is your interest rate? Mine is way old and sitting at 4%, so I put extra payments into everything else.
7.25%
ursusguy
AG
My parents were just over the limit for me and Pell grants. The didn't take into account that my dad had $1,000/month (that was with insurance) out of pocket medical expenses. In almost 30 years he had less than 10 sick days taken. I never fault my parents for not having much for me for college. They busted their a---- getting us out of Pleasant Grove when my dad was told at 29 that he would NEVER work again. He went back to work 6 months later, and retired at 65 (granted died roughly a year later). They were able to help my sister quite a bit.
Come Out Roll
AG
I paid my own way 30-some odd yrs ago....but I promised myself that if I EVER had kids, that I'd pay their way.
30-some odd yrs later, I'm doing just that: son will graduate in Aug from A&M, and daughter just got accepted to nursing school at TSU campus in RR...
Will have no debt hanging over the kid's heads. Tx Tomorrow fund and some planning helped pave that road!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.