Most nervous you've been to ask someone out

10,129 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by True Anomaly
PseudonymK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If I'm not afraid to ask out someone opposite my race; Buckle up nimrod, it's go time.
GunRangeGal
AG
I couldn't form a sentence when I met my husband-to-be. I managed to mutter hello and then felt like an idiot when he left. I wanted to ask him out so much, but chickened out every time we talked. Luckily he finally asked me out... and apparently it took some liquid courage for that to happen!
PJFry07
AG
So it's settled.. the OP is going to put his big boy pants on and go talk to girls. I feel good about this
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Self-deprecation is always a good ice breaker.
BoxingAg84
OP, Its not rocket science.
Just put all your cards on the table like this guy.
The worst she can say is no.

atag
AG
My husband asked me out for drinks. We were coworkers and I knew he wanted more. I was so nervous because I knew something special was going to happen.
Pirate04
AG
Need an update from OP!!!!
bagger05
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

OP, Its not rocket science.
Just put all your cards on the table like this guy.
The worst she can say is no.

This is basically the exact way that it went down.
713nervy
AG
bagger05 said:

histag10 said:

bagger05 said:

Madaman said:

it's better to be drunk/buzzed when you're picking up chicks. that way you don't have to be nervous. in fact you can be brazen.
although i was nervous on a few first kisses.

I'm going to see this girl super early in the morning. In your opinion is it better to get drunk tonight to the point that I'm still buzzed tomorrow or should I have a few around 4:45 in the morning to get me in the right state of mind?

If it's a morning date where you didn't spend the night together, you are already in the friend zone. Sorry

Ha! Not a morning date. Just the only place I see her is super early so that's the opportunity to talk to her.

Aside from DBAP, "stop putting it on a pedestal" is the best advice I've seen. It was so obvious. If she says no then WGAS!

So, uhhhh, do you like, run in the afternoon too? Wanna do that sometime?

Or

Hey, have you found any good mexican food in Dallas? I'm still struggling. (She has opinion bc Mexican food, hello) I don't know about that place, but I've been craving it so I might have to check it out. You'll have to come be the tour guide when we go.
bagger05
AG
I went with a slightly different approach. I told her she seemed like a badass and I'd like to get her number so I can take her out sometime.
713nervy
AG
Lol lame
AliasMan02
AG
So smooth it must be genetic.
Know Your Enemy
AG
bagger05 said:

I went with a slightly different approach. I told her she seemed like a badass and I'd like to get her number so I can take her out sometime.
What grade are you in?
Pirate04
AG
Did it work?
bagger05
AG
Junkhead said:

bagger05 said:

What grade are you in?
I suppose I'm about to finish the 18th grade. And I was paraphrasing.
bagger05
AG
Yes, Pirate, it worked.
chiken
AG
And still, no credit where credit is due.

LE SIGH
bagger05
AG
ATTENTION WORLD:

CHIKEN GIVES GOOD ADVICE AND WILL ALSO BUST YOUR BALLS IF SHE HELPS YOU WITH SOMETHING.
chiken
AG
americathegreat1492
Getting a phone number is nothing to write home about and actually pretty ******* easy. Chicks will give you their number just because they feel bad for you and don't want to upset you by saying no. Numbers really aren't worth getting anxious over.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Well I heard the full story, and she is definitely interested. Doesn't seem like a pity phone number situation at all.
TPS_Report
AG
RULES GAWDAMMIT!!!!!!!
Cromagnum
AG
Pam Poovey said:

I already had it bc he installed my cable. Installed more cable later on, iykwim.

Did he use CAT5 or CAT6 ?
True Anomaly
AG
No doubt, the one who was wearing a wedding ring

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.