Has anyone here been to prison?

19,808 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by goodAg80
Lonestar06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Worked there for the last twenty years. Started at Ferguson at eighteen fresh out of high school and had to grow up in a hurry. It's a different world there that's hard to explain in a couple sentences but its real easy to get taken advantage of if your naive. Your good days are boring but your bad days are crazy. Respect is everything.
I'm at the Hamilton unit now and it's easier but to much has changed for me to stay. I've seen just about everything there is to see and lived through a couple things I probably shouldn't have. August is my goal date to leave. My son is grown and time off is not as important as it once was.
CrottyKid
AG
Only to visit.
B-1 83
AG
jja79 said:

I was on the Chamber of Commerce board in Gatesville for a time and took many tours of the Hughes and Mountain View units. MV houses the very few women on death row so when you walk in right there they are. Karla Fay Tucker was very pleasant.
. So you knew my cousin's wife! She was about to get a retrial or released, but died before that happened.

TF's son did 3 years for a DWI (enhanced). He got lucky and did the last 1/2 in Cleveland taking a Baylor U sponsored course. Visiting there was not too bad.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Been to county 3 times. Never the pen.
coupland boy
AG
Mr.NiceGuy said:

Been to county 3 times. Never the pen.

Username intact then.
coupland boy
AG
I toured the federal prison in Bastrop when it first opened up. Come to think of it that's it other than visiting a couple people in the county jail. One of em ended up doing about a year on a drug program in one of the fort bend units but i never made it out to visit there.
One Louder
AG
One of the TDCJ units is named after my dad. I always get weird reactions when I tell people that little nugget of info.

Also, my husband was a correctional officer at the minimum security unit in Navasota while he was at A&M.
AggiePlaya
AG
I heard MfBarnes did hard time
74Ag17
Went to the annual prison rodeo for years at Huntsville. Those guys could ride some good bull...
PhatMack19
AG
Rib works in medical at the Fed in Beaumont. I was worried about her taking the job at first. She claims it's safer than working weekend nights at the hospital and dealing with those drunk idiots. I upped her life insurance just in case.

The guards take care of them and if a prisoner makes an inappropriate comment they are sent to solitary. I was shocked at the amount of women that work there that sleep with prisoners and think they will get away with it.
spud1910
AG
When I was in vet school, we spent a week at the prison that was at Sugarland taking care of the animals there.

You always wondered why the trustee with the very sharp knife notching ears or castrating calves was there.
Potcake
AG
Yea, wife went to Huntsville while she was in Vet school. She and other female students had to get in the truck when other inmates were coming in from the fields.
SanAntoneAg
AG
The day my mom got out of prison I was drunk.
Zemira
AG
I lived in Huntsville for three years so I saw inmates and passed by prisons regularly, but never went inside.

One of my second cousins disgraced the family and ended up doing ten years starting when I was in college. I know he would write my Dad from prison but I doubt my father wrote back.

Overall the blackest black sheep in the family. I'm not sure if anyone besides his sister communicates with him now that he is out.
jja79
AG
My mother is active in the Gatesville museum. They use inmate labor for all their heavy lifting, clean up, construction projects.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I have been several times to visit family members in prison, but I have never been caught sent to prison.
agz win
AG
Does sweeping out a holding cell for illegals down near Armstrong ranch count?

I could've been sacrificed and organs eaten and never found.
george92
Zemira said:

I lived in Huntsville for three years so I saw inmates and passed by prisons regularly, but never went inside.

One of my second cousins disgraced the family and ended up doing ten years starting when I was in college. I know he would write my Dad from prison but I doubt my father wrote back.

Overall the blackest black sheep in the family. I'm not sure if anyone besides his sister communicates with him now that he is out.
I think its about forgiveness, even if, even if you don't live him anymore.

PseudonymK
AG
I love that song,but I won't visit anyone in prison. That is Hell on Earth.
Zemira
AG
I will likely forgive his actions one day, but the damage he did to his family for his actions and selfishness cannot be changed.

To this day I cannot wrap my head around him thinking what he did was okay in any way.
NoahAg
Quote:

She did kill someone... she was driving drunk and got into a head-on collision. The deceased was also very inebriated but she paid with her life. 13 years was a small price to pay for one, taking a life, and two, coming out alive. So I'm grateful.
How's mom doing now, if you don't mind?
Shakes the Clown
We are all on lockdown
Stat Monitor Repairman
On lockdown, like a penitentiary
She spreads her lovin' all over
And when she gets home, there's none left for me
Funky Winkerbean
AG
AggieHaylea13 said:

Mom was in prison in Gatesville for 13 years. I visited her probably 2x per month throughout. Never been in prison myself though. Visiting that environment throughout the years was a huge determent.

Wait, you weren't drunk the day she got out we're you? If I recall, it was also raining.

Small world.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
TexasAggie73
AG
Had a uncle spend time for having grass back in the late 60's In Michigan. Did 3 years. Have a college friend doing time in Florida. Daughter has visited a couple of prisons, but she is a criminal justice professor.
aeon-ag
coupland boy said:

Potcake said:

Married 19 years thisMay.

I understand. 20 years for me this May
I was released after 32 years, never again!
Win At Life
AG
I spent a year in the TDCJ unit in Beeville.

While we were building it.
pdc093
If you don't mind me asking...
You divorced after 32, or became a widow/widower after that long?
Claude!
The loud mouth in the corner's gettin' to me
Talking 'bout my earrings and my hair
I guess he ain't read the signs that say I been to prison
Someone ought to warn him 'fore I knock him off his chair

Sticks&Stones
AG
I recently retired from the prison system. My son used to get a huge kick out of telling his new teachers that his dad spent more than half of his life in prison and waiting for the reaction...He would then tell them that they would let me go all of the time, but I would just keep going back.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
WC87 said:

AggieHaylea13 said:

Mom was in prison in Gatesville for 13 years. I visited her probably 2x per month throughout. Never been in prison myself though. Visiting that environment throughout the years was a huge determent.
Did she make you call her Big Momma?

dammit. laughing my ass off at a 3 year old joke. the sheer simplicity and, more so, insensitivity of it is just brilliant.

then looked at username, read it again in your voice and laughed harder.
Gigemchicken90
AG
My dad did prison ministry, with Kairos, all over Texas for probably 30 years. We got a kick out of telling people he wAs gone to prison.
'90
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Been behind bars at over 20 Texas prison units. Plus some federal units (Beaumont TX and Bastrop).

I was a salesman and TDJC was one of my accounts.

My purchasing contact at the Walls unit told me that every time he needed a new trustee to work for him he chose murders.

I asked him why and he said murders are just like you and I. They made a quick, one-time emotional mistake and most are law abiding.

He said he would never pick a thief. He said thieves would always be thieves and you could never trust them.

Another thing that is troubling was that they are always taking periodic counts. If you are inside, calling on a customer and someone ends up missing, you were not getting out until the count came out accurate. It never happened to me but it was always in the back of my mind.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
goodAg80
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

On lockdown, like a penitentiary
She spreads her lovin' all over
And when she gets home, there's none left for me
Save this one for the summer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.