where do you personally boycott?

9,246 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 74Ag17
et98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After thinking about Blockbuster and getting all fired up, I remembered that I also boycott the movies "XXX" and "The Transporter." It's not their fault really. They might be the best movies over made, but since they were the 2 movies I allegedly rented but did NOT actually rent, I can't bring myself to watch them without getting too pissed off to actually watch them. It's kind of like when an old song reminds you of a bad memory and now you hate that song. I kind of feel bad about it. It's not like these movies did anything at all to deserve this boycott. They were just innocent bystanders who got caught in the crossfire. It's kind of hard to even call this a boycott, but I guess that's what it is since I refuse to watch them primarily due to the principal of the matter.

One of these days, I need to force myself to watch them. Maybe it will bring some closure to the whole Blockbuster fiasco. But for now...those two movies can suck it.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Nestle

Heinz (thank God for Whataburger ketchup)

Walmart

Sea World

Circuses

Anything related to the SC Gamecocks

Anything featuring Lou Holtz

Amazon except for audiobooks
Slicer97
AG
That sounds like a lot of frustration and effort to avoid spending what amounts to a budget can of snuff. Principles are good and all, but you might wanna do a better job of thinking things through. ****, boy, most of us will pay an extra couple bucks to see the show at Alamo Drafthouse just so some college dropout will fetch our beverages for us. Meanwhile, you're effing up your life for a dollar amount that won't even get you drunk at the Chicken. Priorities, dude....
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
loveaTm
AG
You had me until bacon. That's messed up.
jickyjack1
I will do no business with any entity that has any connection to Chase in any of it's unholy forms, if I know about it. They are thieves and are lower than whale hockey at the bottom of the Marianas Trench.
HC
I boycott "Hi" threads
Garrelli 5000
AG
Blue Bell - when I hear their radio jingles I can't help but think that someone high up in the organization fancies himself a country crooner. Until my wife buys blue bell, and I eat it all. If my radio dial broke I would drive into a light pole to end the pain of hearing those stupid songs.

Logan's steakhouse. We tried the one close to us twice and I could cook a better steak in a microwave. I was happy when they recently when out of business.
West Point Aggie
AG
Anything tea sip
Anything penn state
Anything Norte lame
McDonald's / BK
Tequila
CNN
MSNBC
Awards shows / Hollywood self-strokes
Sunday political garbage
Facebook
Alte Schule
Adam Ag 98 said:

Blue Bell - when I hear their radio jingles I can't help but think that someone high up in the organization fancies himself a country crooner. Until my wife buys blue bell, and I eat it all. If my radio dial broke I would drive into a light pole to end the pain of hearing those stupid songs.

Logan's steakhouse. We tried the one close to us twice and I could cook a better steak in a microwave. I was happy when they recently when out of business.
This X 100.
Add any local radio commercials (and commercials in general) where they have made up some kind of homey advice or story to sell their product. GAG!
And any self serving celebrity red carpet type award show although next day photos of the scantily dressed red carpet 'ho's are OK
03_Aggie
et98 said:

I used to boycott Blockbuster until they went out of business. The day they shut down is in my top 5 days of all time. **** those guys.

They insisted that I rented 2 movies from a town I'd moved away from 2 years earlier and charged me a $4.10 late fee for them. I refused to pay and even provided documents proving that I couldn't have rented those movies because their own computer system showed that I rented a different movie from a different store that was two hours away within 23 minutes of when I supposedly rented the two movies from the town I no longer lived in. After weeks of arguing with those ****-for-brains and getting nowhere, I finally agreed to take my business elsewhere.

Four years later, I'd gotten married and was preparing to buy a house. Low and behold, my credit rating was in the toilet because those ******s had turned my $4.10 fee that I didn't even really owe over to a collections agency who never contacted me. Those ****ers nearly cost me my home and 10's of thousands of dollars because they are a bunch of dip-****s who can't admit when they screwed up. I spent weeks doing paperwork, providing documents, writing detailed statements, and meeting with credit reporting people to get that crap fixed. Although we finally got the credit straightened out, it took forever so we had to buy my home in only my wife's name which ended up costing us a lot of cash before we could refinance with the correct credit info.

TL;DR - Blockbuster sucks. I'm glad that company failed. I wish dead companies got buried like people so I could dance on Blockbuster's grave.

Man, I got you pretty good. I still have the movies if you want them. Might even throw in $4.10 for the inconvenience I caused.
oldschool87
AG
It's all petty...

But Exxon, I could never get over the fact they are the one's that started the pay cash and save 4 cents per gallon.

100% false, they did this so they could post a lower price across the street than the competitor. You never saved a penny on the posted price. You paid 4 cents more if you used your CC.

For whatever stupid reason, that complete lie, just rubbed me the wrong way.

It should have use your CC, pay 4 cents more, there was no savings for paying cash against the posted price.

And it was written in microscopic letters on the sign.
TPS_Report
AG
I don't really boycott anything. However, I avoid going to WalMart where possible because the ones near me are dirty and it takes forever to checkout.

LupinusTexensis
Jonathan Taylor Thomas said:

LupinusTexensis said:

Walmart

Lululemon

Sea world

Glocks

Why Glock?

Mainly because the glock fan boys are more annoying than apple fan boys.
RAB87
AG
Target - Hairy "chicks" peeing with little girls
CNN/MSNBC - Fakest news ever
Journalists - Degree of last resort in college
GM & Ford - Quality has gone to crap...again
Non-cagefree eggs and veal - Cruelty sucks
Pres. Young, AD Woodward, SGA - Results
Badman
AG
Best Buy and Ashley Furniture

Both for effing me over and not honoring their warranties.

et98 - If it makes you feel better, I think I still have a blockbuster movie that I had rented right before they closed their doors.
Drawkcab
After this post I'm boycotting this thread.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
et98 said:

I used to boycott Blockbuster until they went out of business. The day they shut down is in my top 5 days of all time. **** those guys.

They insisted that I rented 2 movies from a town I'd moved away from 2 years earlier and charged me a $4.10 late fee for them. I refused to pay and even provided documents proving that I couldn't have rented those movies because their own computer system showed that I rented a different movie from a different store that was two hours away within 23 minutes of when I supposedly rented the two movies from the town I no longer lived in. After weeks of arguing with those ****-for-brains and getting nowhere, I finally agreed to take my business elsewhere.

Four years later, I'd gotten married and was preparing to buy a house. Low and behold, my credit rating was in the toilet because those ******s had turned my $4.10 fee that I didn't even really owe over to a collections agency who never contacted me. Those ****ers nearly cost me my home and 10's of thousands of dollars because they are a bunch of dip-****s who can't admit when they screwed up. I spent weeks doing paperwork, providing documents, writing detailed statements, and meeting with credit reporting people to get that crap fixed. Although we finally got the credit straightened out, it took forever so we had to buy my home in only my wife's name which ended up costing us a lot of cash before we could refinance with the correct credit info.

TL;DR - Blockbuster sucks. I'm glad that company failed. I wish dead companies got buried like people so I could dance on Blockbuster's grave.
credit agencies won't ding you for anything under $100.
hunterntexas
AG
Did you see their late fees?
That $4.10 is now worth more than an Ivy League graduate degree.
hunterntexas
AG
I boycott Sears. They pissed me off three times.
Third time got them on the list.

I don't partake in a lot of things (reality TV, Wal-Mart, democratic philosophy, etc.), but don't think it is actually boycott level.
et98
AG
et98
AG
blindey said:

et98 said:

credit agencies won't ding you for anything under $100.
There's another chapter to this saga that I had initially included but deleted because it wasn't a big player in my hatred of Blockbuster (at least it wasn't 2 days ago), and I thought the post had gotten too long.

The amount that Blockbuster had turned over to the collections agency was not $4.10, it was $100 and something bucks (I can't remember the exact amount). Apparently, after I stopped using Blockbuster, 4 movies had magically been rented on my account from that same Conroe store all at the same time and were never returned. I was never told what the movies were or what each one individually cost. All I knew was the total bill amount and that it was for 2 late movies and 4 unreturned movies.

I had no documentation to prove that I couldn't have rented those unreturned movies like I did with the late fee movies, so they weren't as much of a factor in my interaction with the credit agency. I did point out that my account shouldn't have been able to rent them in the first place due to the mysterious late fees, but apparently it was possible. While Blockbuster didn't typically allow customers to rent movies if they had an unpaid late fee, they technically could. Regardless, the documents proving that I never rented the first set of movies was enough for the credit bureau to consider it all a billing error (or whatever the technical term was), & my credit was restored. So the second set of movies didn't play a big role in the process...until I read blindey's post!

Until blindey's comment, I never thought the whole unreturned movies thing mattered much, but now that I find out that my credit would've never been touched in the first place without them, I'm even MORE pissed!

God I hate Blockbuster.
aggieforester05
AG
I had those *******s turn me over to collections for an approximately $3 late charge when I was at A&M. I just hadn't been there in a while and didn't even know I had a late charge. Seriously it's a late charge, not like I failed to turn in a movie or wasn't going to pay it the next time I went in. They certainly didn't send me an invoice or a statement like any semi professional business would have done. Hell even a phone call, e-mail, or anything besides turning me over to a collection agency before you've even notified me of the charges.
HustlerAggie
I boycott any company selling "Non-GMO" shizzz
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Whelp. Blockbuster is long dead and you're still around. Looks like we know who won that battle.
Eliminatus
AG
I only boycott two things currently. Cable and cellphone contracts.

How and why it became normal to be contracted into entertainment and communication services is beyond me. After years of big box company contracts and BS and fighting with people over the phones for garbage service I gave up completely. Cut the cable cord about 7 years ago and went to month to month on Cricket bout 2. Only regret is not having had done it sooner.
Lungblood
I believe transcott is the preferred nomenclature.
Ogre09
AG
Heinz condiments- politics

Citgo gas- commies

Walmart- idiots everywhere
74Ag17
Applebee's Restaurant because of stuff found in food .... Chili's because of lackadaisical service

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.