Female cyclist catcalled by man in van chases him down and exacts her revenge

3,002 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

The incident, which was filmed by an unnamed motorcyclist on a dashcam, appears to show the woman being harassed by a man sitting on the passenger side of a silver transit van.

The woman is filmed standing next to the van with her bicycle on Goodge Street, waiting to cross over Tottenham Court Road in central London, as the man next to her shouts "Alright? Want my number?"

The cyclist appears to slap the van as the motorcyclist filming the incident pulls up behind her at the traffic lights. The man shouts "Woah, woah, don't be like that!" at her and she tells him to go away.

The man is then filmed shouting: "That's not very ladylike is it, eh? What charm school did you go to, eh? You wanna tell your mum and dad to get their f****** money back."

The woman appears to shout something at the man, to which he responds: "Shut up you old dog. You on your period?" before reaching out to try and touch her shoulder and telling her to give him her number again.

She is filmed sticking her middle finger up at him as the van drives off.

The cyclist, the van and the motorcyclist filming the incident head in the same direction onto Chenies Street. The van pulls up ahead and the cyclist stops abruptly next to it, quickly ripping off the driver-side wing mirror and dropping it in the middle of the road before cycling off.

As the motorcyclist drives past the shocked men getting out of the van, he says: "That's exactly what you deserve, you scum."

Quote:

Reddit users have also called the video fake, with one user pointing to the fact that it is already licenced. Paul Beiboer, who co-founded Jungle Creations, which is licencing the video, told the Evening Standard his company did not create the video.

"We couldn't verify its authenticity, but we don't think it's fake," he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/female-cyclist-catcalled-video-man-van-chase-down-revenge-wing-mirror-sexism-a7593186.html%3Famp?client=safari
Beer Baron
AG
Tatem
she should have just given him a fake number

feminist
Human
AG
I bet her cans were nice
proc
AG
Quote:

"Alright? Want my number?"

When did this become fighting words?
Ghost91
She only caught up to him because he had to stop to let a one-legged duck cross the road.
swc93
AG
Sounds like she needs to invest in a stationary bike in the kitchen.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If this was a man he would be chastised for road rage and probably arrested. But it's kewl for someone to lose their **** and turn violent if it's a woman.
Humorous Username
AG
Monthlies, amiright?
abileneag09
AG
Both people were dumb. Catcalling dude needs to learn a lesson in manners and the girl should get a destruction of property charge. Don't think her ripping off the mirror is justified.
tbirdspur2010
AG
abileneag09 said:

Both people were dumb.

Oh look at me I have a rational take.
B-1 83
AG
I was going to say "freedom of speech", but it's Europe.
Liquid Wrench
Twist: It's an old article and they just celebrated their third anniversary!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.