"Stay at home pet-mom"

10,066 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Humorous Username
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes, I heard this yesterday.

On house hunters, he introduces himself, and says he's a child psychologist, then her turn, and she says I'm a stay at home pet-mom.

They have two cats.

Discuss.

Oh and if that isn't enough, HER complaint about their current home was having only one sink in master bath, and the struggle in the morning for both of them to get ready.
HBCanine08
AG
What is there to discuss? She's unemployed or wants to be a SAHM, but without the kids. Possibly lazy.
TriAg2010
AG
Cats aren't pets.
Human
AG
TriAg2010 said:

Cats aren't pets.

Cats are

Animals ?
Prophet00
AG
Saw that same episode, it was so ridiculous.

She was not happy about having to sit in the backyard with her cat on a leash, because she didn't get her screened porch, which was the MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

Every time i see that show, i think of this:

HBCanine08
AG
What kind of person do you have to be to end up with a spouse like that? At some point family/friends have to be like, "Hey, man, Kirsten seems like she isn't contributing to the relationship as much as you do. Does she have any plans to go back to work full time?"
Post removed:
by user
The Collective
AG
Spoiler to this chick: cats do not want you home with them.
Woody2006
AG
I wish I could be a stay-at-home-pet dad.

I would exercise my pets daily by letting them retrieve dead ducks for me.
62strat
AG
jake2011 said:

Was she attractive at least?
she was a 7 or so.. nice cans.

The whole struggle with one sink in the morning.. really? If my wife is going to stay home with the cats and not work, she better not ****ing be getting ready at the same time as me in the morning.

This had to be manufactured drama. There is no way that is actually an issue in the house with only one spouse working and no kids.
Tanya 93
Cats aren't pets. We are the pets of cats.
Beer Baron
AG
I saw an episode once where this chick insisted that their future home only have one bathroom. It was such a big deal to her that my only conclusion was that she has a tandem pooping fetish.
Flashdiaz
AG
most kitchens have sinks. what's the problem?
Claude!
Hey, man - don't kink shame.
AliasMan02
AG
It definitely is manufactured drama.
Tailgate88
AG
Dogs have owners.
Cats have staff.
TecRecAg
AG
I saw that last night too! Then that hatchet wound at the end of the show was like "I made a huge sacrifice buying a house without a screened in porch."

*****! You don't do *****
histag10
AG
Technically, I believe there is a poster on here who is currently a "stay at home pet mom". Though I think she said something about starting a business, and I know she has worked up to this point in her life
AliasMan02
AG
If you don't need the money and she wants to be a housewife, nbd. I'd stay home and keep house and cook and be domestic if the wife could support us in a heartbeat.
Post removed:
by user
Furlock Bones
AG
third coast.. said:

is that flying squirrel, the pet psychologist?
Tanya 93
third coast.. said:

She has 4 kids
ToddyHill
AG
I was surprised by his desire to live in Orono vs. Bangor. Both nice towns...but I guess he wanted to live in a 'college' town.
Ags4DaWin
I am thinking she stays at home so that other guys can come over.......

If you get my meaning.
histag10
AG
third coast.. said:

No.
CDUB98
AG
This is how crazy cat lady starts.

Oh, and the dude is a beta male probably.
Tree Hugger
AG
Typical House Hunters couple:

Quote:

Hi. My name is Trog and this is my girlfriend Moment. I'm a professional power walker and she sells yoga insurance. We are looking for something small for us and our seven chihuahuas. Our budget is $2.6 Million and we want to find something that is walking distance to an oxygen bar and a guacamole studio.
62strat
AG
AliasMan02 said:

If you don't need the money and she wants to be a housewife, nbd. I'd stay home and keep house and cook and be domestic if the wife could support us in a heartbeat.
yeh, the problem is, when they showed them talking about how they want a big kitchen, he was cooking.

How much can a child psychologist really make in bangor maine? I mean, it's not like we're talking about the wife of a plastic surgeon in LA.

Disclaimer, I did leave out that they lived in like 5 places in 5 years, all over the world.. I don't know if it was due to his work or just by choice, but that obviously limits what she can do, if she has any skills to speak of at all (in a professional sense).

But hell, even if you don't need the income, put her to work behind the reception desk at an office and have her max out her 401(k) until the kids come.
vin1041
AG
True.
E
AG
Actually she said "Stay at home dog mom" and they had a dog. I saw the episode too and had to rewind it cause I didnt believe she actually said her title was SAHDM.

And she was more like a 5.5 - 6
62strat
AG
E said:

Actually she said "Stay at home dog mom" and they had a dog. I saw the episode too and had to rewind it cause I didnt believe she actually said her title was SAHDM.

And she was more like a 5.5 - 6
Different episode I guess.

This chick was all about her cat, and complained at each back patio that wasn't screened in, so the cat couldn't enjoy outside.

Cromagnum
AG
If you don't contribute to the money pool, you get no say in decisions. In fact, it should be decided that you shouldn't even live there.
curry97
AG
Saw that episode also. At the end when they were sitting on the porch with her cat on a leash, the poor dog was standing inside the storm door looking at them.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Those shows.

If you and your wife/husband/non-traditional life partner/whatever were looking for a house, and you each wanted 2-3 things, would you:

A) Find a dang house that actually has all of those 4-6 things?

or

B) Look at no more and no less than three houses, all of which are conveniently missing some of the things in question, and say, "Well, ****, I guess we had better drop $750,000 on one of these. House hunting is hard!"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

Those shows.

If you and your wife/husband/non-traditional life partner/whatever were looking for a house, and you each wanted 2-3 things, would you:

A) Find a dang house that actually has all of those 4-6 things?

or

B) Look at no more and no less than three houses, all of which are conveniently missing some of the things in question, and say, "Well, ****, I guess we had better drop $750,000 on one of these. House hunting is hard!"
They do find a house that satisfies all of their needs. And they probably look at quite a few options like anyone else would. They just happen to do it months before going on the show, and then the rest of it is faked for tv, including the dialogue and the parts about what each of them is sacrificing or settling on with their choice.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.