Family dog kills infant in San Marcos

12,707 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Dread Pirate Roberts
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bocephus said:

Had a pit and a baby at the same time. Dog would try to prevent me from spanking the child when she misbehaved. Never had any problems.
MooreTrucker
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

PrincessButtercup said:

gigemJTH12 said:

this is why you buy yorkies or beagles. always buy yorkies or beagles.
heck no. I don't want a cat-dog. Ridgebacks or gtfo.
Joey is not a cat

Beautiful little dog. Mine is similar but more brown.
gigemJTH12
AG
thanks MT. coolest dog ever. He never stops fetching
MooreTrucker
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

thanks MT. coolest dog ever. He never stops fetching
Same here.

Post removed:
by user
Bruce Almighty
AG
jake2011 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

The best thing for a child (safety wise) is to not have any animals in the house.

Seriously, seems a tad extreme. I guess if you never drive with a kid you won't get in a car accident either. Just be responsible with your pet and baby.
Agree. Millions of people have pets and babies at the same time and 99.999999999% of the time, there is zero issue.
Unemployed
AG
jake2011 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

jake2011 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

The best thing for a child (safety wise) is to not have any animals in the house.

Seriously, seems a tad extreme. I guess if you never drive with a kid you won't get in a car accident either. Just be responsible with your pet and baby.
Agree. Millions of people have pets and babies at the same time and 99.999999999% of the time, there is zero issue.

Agreed freak accidents happen and are part of life unfortunately. Only way to avoid them is to sit at home all day and wrap your kid in bubble wrap.
Your kid would have so much fun popping the bubbles.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

jake2011 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Seriously people. I'm not advocating that all parents throw their dog out, simply that no pets at all would be the best thing safety wise for a small child.

It's like saying that abstinence is the best method to prevent an STD; and I would only advocate abstinence for Texags posters as a means to prevent procreation.
r
gsp_hunt
Police are already questioning the dad...
Know Your Enemy
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

That's not necessarily true. Many dogs are very protective of children in the house and could actually save their lives.
Ogre09
AG
Never leave an infant alone with any size dog. They're fragile and even the smallest, friendliest dogs could kill them.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
I'm pretty sure there was a Monk episode about this where the neighbor made a mold of the dog's teeth and then killed his neighbor with mold, making it look like the dog did it.
Bocephus
AG
gsp_hunt said:

Police are already questioning the dad...

The whole dead body laying there for hours thing should be a clue
aezmvp
histag10 said:

Maybe. And I could see how that would be a bad idea to let your 2 month old sleep in.

Your 2 month old will never get away from a snail let alone a dog. Bouncer wasn't the problem.
GoneGirl
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Seriously people. I'm not advocating that all parents throw their dog out, simply that no pets at all would be the best thing safety wise for a small child.

It's like saying that abstinence is the best method to prevent an STD; and I would only advocate abstinence for Texags posters as a means to prevent procreation.
r
But then your kid is more likely to die of asthma....either way, you're screwed...
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34697408

So you could just be an adult and be watchful.
SeattleAgJr
We would leave my infant niece "alone" to play and climb all over my alpha Siberian.

The Sibe considered the baby one of her own.
Ogre09
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

We would leave my infant niece "alone" to play and climb all over my alpha Siberian.

You were stupid and lucky...
Know Your Enemy
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BPlbrM1A4Ts
Ags4DaWin
Dogs are predators first. They aren't people and not your children and not the brothers/sisters of your babies. Do not leave them unattended with an infant. Period. They are biologically hard wired for certain behaviors regardless of how domesticated they are and you never know when those behaviors will manifest.
Post removed:
by user
TitanAGGIE09
AG
News outlets are reporting the city said the father refused drug and alcohol tests... I still feel like there is more to this story.
AgLA06
AG
Bocephus said:

Beckdiesel03 said:

How do you nap through a dog attack unless your on drugs or drunk? I'm pretty sure I would hear an animal attack and my infant screaming.

Ding ding ding!! Guaranteed there is more to this story.

Maybe. A German Shepherd bite to the head or neck of an infant and there's no crying.

My dogs play with toys different ways. Sometimes they're aggressive and loud other times it's swift and quite like they are hunting. A squeaking baby can sound awfully close to a wounded animal.
AgLA06
AG
RealTalk said:

jake2011 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

jake2011 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Agreed freak accidents happen and are part of life unfortunately. Only way to avoid them is to sit at home all day and wrap your kid in bubble wrap.
Your kid would have so much fun popping the bubbles.

Until they suffocate.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
My pitbull loves babies
?1
SeattleAgJr
Ogre09 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

You were stupid and lucky...
nah. once the baby got used to being lifted up and carried by the scruff of her neck, and almost buried in the yard once or twice it was all good.
Dread Pirate Roberts
PrincessButtercup said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I knew you're awesome! I haven't met many others that have had Ridgebacks. I've had couple and they're incredible!
PrincessButtercup
AG
Dread Pirate Roberts said:

PrincessButtercup said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I knew you're awesome! I haven't meant many others that have had Ridgebacks. I've had couple and they're incredible!

Mine is awesome! Although he just crop dusted me...
Geralt of Rivia
S
Pretty sure that gives him bonus points
Dread Pirate Roberts
PrincessButtercup said:

Dread Pirate Roberts said:

PrincessButtercup said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I knew you're awesome! I haven't meant many others that have had Ridgebacks. I've had couple and they're incredible!

Mine is awesome! Although he just crop dusted me...

I like him even better now.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Haha y'all are *******s
Dread Pirate Roberts
PrincessButtercup said:

Haha y'all are *******s
And I'll never deny it!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.