Living in Corpus Christi sucks

20,665 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SuckerAG
mike_ags_fan12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another water advisory! Get your **** together, Corpus!
Pro Sandy
AG
Growing up middle class in Corpitos, success is defined as leaving corpus after high school and never returning
Punked Shank
AG
Except the city is telling everyone you can't boil or treat this water advisory. Must use bottle water.

Bluff rat that moved that never moved back after college. Stay classy cc city officials
45-70Ag
AG
What kind of issue makes boiling impractical
Humorous Username
AG
Poison
PA04
Even whataburger left.
Ag 11
AG
I used to live there. I could never stay sober
AgEng06
AG
Ag 11 said:

I hear that life is contagious. It gets down in your blood.
Human
AG
Was there another boil water advisory for the entire city? I'd so, lol. Last time that happened, someone from the Erin Brokovich legal team was sent down to investigate. I think a City Manager wound up getting fired.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
AgEng06 said:

Ag 11 said:

I hear that life is contagious. It gets down in your blood.

I don't know. If I had to do it all over, it wouldn't matter anyway
Talon2DSO
AG
Pro Sandy said:

Growing up middle class in Brownsville success is defined as leaving Brownsville after high school and never returning

Made it applicable to me.
Madaman
Isn't this applicable to pretty much any town/city along the texas coast?
Talon2DSO
AG
Madaman said:

Great point. Why is our coast so economically depressed? You would think our coast would rival Florida's
45-70Ag
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Madaman said:

Great point. Why is our coast so economically depressed? You would think our coast would rival Florida's

Maybe tourism?

Who goes to the Texas coast for vacation besides some people from Texas and maybe Oklahoma?
Talon2DSO
AG
You would think our beaches would attract from the Midwest. Florida maybe has done a much better job of advertising their beaches and coastal tourism than we have
HBCanine08
AG
Beer Baron
AG
Florida beaches >>> Texas beaches. If I live in some terrible state like Iowa and want to get to a beach, why would I travel a million miles to get to a sheety beach in Texas when I could travel about the same amount of time and get to a nice one in Florida?
Corps_Ag12
AG
Talon2DSO
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

Charge your phone man!
Swarely
Beer Baron said:

Florida beaches >>> Texas beaches. If I live in some terrible state like Iowa and want to get to a beach, why would I travel a million miles to get to a sheety beach in Texas when I could travel about the same amount of time and get to a nice one in Florida?

I once picked up two hitchhikers just south of San Antonio that were headed to Corpus. They were from Minnesota, and had just graduated high school. They were wanting to see the ocean for the first time. I can't even imagine what my face looked like when they told me that.
Human
AG
Nice
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
?

The beaches in Corpus are nice if you go at the right time, like October/November, when there's not a bunch of sargassum weed.
Micah97
AG
Graduated TM in 93, left corpus and never came back. Lived right off 37 across from those refineries. Might explain my strange idiosyncrasies. Parents, bro and sis still live there.
Swarely
Luckily the contaminate only affects your skin, eyes, mouth, nose, stomach, and respiratory system!

http://www.sfm.state.or.us/CR2K_SubDB/MSDS/INDULIN_AA_86.PDF
Kenneth_2003
AG
Have they actually identified that as the contaminant from the refinery?
Kenneth_2003
AG
Human said:

Was there another boil water advisory for the entire city? I'd so, lol. Last time that happened, someone from the Erin Brokovich legal team was sent down to investigate. I think a City Manager wound up getting fired.
City Manager wasn't fired. He went, found his sword and fell on it. From what I understood his relationship with the city council was contentious as best. I think he used that screwup by the water department as an excuse the GTFO of there.

As for Brockovich, she probably showed up on her own self-glorifying account.

The previous boil notices were certainly failures by the city employees and city departments. This one, while maybe not directly a city problem is certainly going to fall at the feet of the city in light of the past. Folks also should be very demanding of the city as to why a system with very non-potable water was connected to the city supply in such a way that it could back-flow into the city system.
Swarely
That's what my sources are telling me.
AgsMnn
AG
Work at a distribution company. It's chaos here.
MAROON
AG
FOUR THIN INCHES said:

?

The beaches in Corpus are nice if you go at the right time, like October/November, when there's not a bunch of sargassum weed.
yep - just catch the wind right. I've been chest deep in the surf and could see my feet.

First job out of college was in Corpus. Had a lot of fun there - lived on the bay, chased the four or five good looking girls all over town, fished, hunted, and left town as soon as I could get a better job in Houston.
80s Guy
Lived near Corpus for 4 years and my daughter was born there.

Loved being by the beach, good fishing and hunting, and the "No Le Hace" pace of life but glad we left. It's a decent place to visit but not much more than that.
91_Aggie
AG
If I ever find myself living in Corpus Christi I will know that I screwed up my life somehow.
pimplepopper
AG
Pro Sandy said:

Growing up middle class in Corpitos, success is defined as leaving corpus after high school and never returning
Are we related?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
toucan82
Micah97 said:

Graduated TM in 93, left corpus and never came back. Lived right off 37 across from those refineries. Might explain my strange idiosyncrasies. Parents, bro and sis still live there.

You can't hide warrior pride
toucan82
look on the bright side: you have a legitimate reason to have a beer or two at lunch
ballchain
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.