I am so embarrassed...

7,818 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AstroAg17
NightHawk150
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I must say, I'm extremely embarrassed at the actions certain students took at my beloved university.

If you are going to protest a speaker on campus, great, do it, it's your right to. But don't desecrate one of the most sacred places on campus. The Memorial Student Center is dedicated to all the men and women who have given their lives for you to have the right to protest.

For you to storm the center and pick a fight with the police, and be on national television, making Texas A&M the laughing stock of he country is completely unacceptable. There was a peaceful protest going on literally across the street at Kyle Field.

You should absolutely be ashamed of yourselves. As Aggies, we believe in the core values of Honor, Discipline, Leadership, Respect, Loyalty, and Selfless Service.

I know I'm ashamed to call you my fellow Ag.

Do not tarnish my school. Do not destroy the MSC. Do not censor right that others have to have an opinion that is different from yours. Guess what, I'm Hispanic, I don't agree with what he stands for either. But I respect the man's right to believe and say what he does.

I hope you're happy for the damage you caused. I hope your happy causing more division in an already broken society.

What you did will not cause brothers to come together, but instead will only cause more people like this man that you are so against to rise up.

I'm sorry Aggieland. I truly am. May the true Aggie Spirit shine forth in the darkness, a spirit of Love, Hope, and Brotherhood.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
-John 15:13
95_Aggie
AG
You realize a lot of those folks weren't students, right? They are professional protesters.
haircut
AG
A tasty meal, indeed

Post removed:
by user
Serious Lee
you let a bigot rustle the f out of you. lutz
Tobias Funke
AG
NightHawk150 said:

I must say, I'm extremely embarrassed at the actions certain students took at my beloved university.

If you are going to protest a speaker on campus, great, do it, it's your right to. But don't desecrate one of the most sacred places on campus. The Memorial Student Center is dedicated to all the men and women who have given their lives for you to have the right to protest.

For you to storm the center and pick a fight with the police, and be on national television, making Texas A&M the laughing stock of he country is completely unacceptable. There was a peaceful protest going on literally across the street at Kyle Field.

You should absolutely be ashamed of yourselves. As Aggies, we believe in the core values of Honor, Discipline, Leadership, Respect, Loyalty, and Selfless Service.

I know I'm ashamed to call you my fellow Ag.

Do not tarnish my school. Do not destroy the MSC. Do not censor right that others have to have an opinion that is different from yours. Guess what, I'm Hispanic, I don't agree with what he stands for either. But I respect the man's right to believe and say what he does.

I hope you're happy for the damage you caused. I hope your happy causing more division in an already broken society.

What you did will not cause brothers to come together, but instead will only cause more people like this man that you are so against to rise up.

I'm sorry Aggieland. I truly am. May the true Aggie Spirit shine forth in the darkness, a spirit of Love, Hope, and Brotherhood.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
-John 15:13

I don't disagree with your overall sentiment, but good grief man get a grip
MooreTrucker
AG
A) Most of those protestors that caused problems are not students at TAMU.

2) Most of the coverage has been fairly positive for the University, and against Spencer. We're in NO WAY a "laughingstock".

D) Relax. It's not really that big a deal.
Picadillo
Free speech means tolerating speech you don't agree with. Black race baiters like Sharpton, Farahkan, etc., would have had a different result; almost a non event.

Shame on those who desecrated the Memorial Student Center, on the eve of the 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor.
EconAg11
AG
If you really want to look at something embarrassing go to the politics board.
88planoAg
AG
Those protestors were bused in. They know nothing of our university or traditions.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Black race baiters like Sharpton, Farahkan, etc., would have had a different result; almost a non event.
"My race baiter is better than your race baiter."

Not every discussion needs to include an equivalency about the other side. Sometimes things can just be judged on the merits.
AliasMan02
AG
I give the OP a B+. To get an A, he'd need to discuss the racial makeup of the protesters.
ClickClack
AG
*you're
eeinhouston
In before Hitler reference.
Al Bula
AG
haircut said:

A tasty meal, indeed

Never had the charbroiled bites, I was a full "Steak 'n Taters" kid.

Spotted Ag
AG
NEWS FLASH....Being an Aggie does not exclude one from being a used tampon.
swc93
AG
Quote:

on the eve of the 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor

good lord
Waffledynamics
AG
AGnCS said:

You realize a lot of those folks weren't students, right? They are professional protesters.
Are there organizations for professional protestors? If so, they need to start getting identified and called out.
J-Gigs05
AG
Spotted Ag
AG
Waffledynamics said:

AGnCS said:

Are there organizations for professional protestors? If so, they need to start getting identified and called out.
Yes, they are called the Democratic Party.
txags92
AG
Waffledynamics said:

AGnCS said:

ACORN and SEIU are a couple of them. Acorn declared bankruptcy I believe, but came back with a different name. The World Workers Party is one of the umbrella groups organizing a lot of this stuff though.
GoneGirl
AG
  • hated what was happening
  • thought coverage was positive
  • don't over react - only two arrested and neither were students
  • respected the dewshbag's right to free speech, hated he thought A&M was the place for his message
  • still love my school
  • the sun rose this morning.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Are there organizations for professional protestors?
BLM?
Canyon99
Nighthawk Custom
Krazykat
AG
AGnCS said:

Why didn't the student body give them a beat down before they made it inside of the MSC? Old Army would have taken care of business. Don't understand this generation.
Post removed:
by user
lb sand
AG
Nighthawk:

Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Sumlin has lost control of protests.
MooreTrucker
AG
Wrangler said:

AGnCS said:

Why didn't the student body give them a beat down before they made it inside of the MSC? Old Army would have taken care of business. Don't understand this generation.
Yeah, because that would have gotten us SO much less bad press than letting the idiot speak here in the first place.
Krazykat
AG
AstroAg17 said:

Because they would have been arrested for assault by the dozens of LEOs stationed there, and because they respect people's right to free speech.

Lol. Sarcasm, baby.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.