Climate change/global warming

6,119 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by P.C. Principal
Funky Winkerbean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UMichAg said:

Again, if people could only provide evidence for these conspiracy theories, that would be great....

Provide one model that has been accurate.
BBQ4Me
AG
Be sure to tell these fine folks that they are wrong and your expertise is better.
http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Neither of us are climatologists. The difference is that I don't pretend to know better than the experts in the field.
Ragoo
AG
UMichAg said:

Given that almost all climate scientists and chemists agree that humans are causing climate change, then yes I believe it.

Climate change is the one issue where all these people pretend to be experts and claim that they know better than the experts.
almost all is a lot of scientists. I bet you couldn't get 10% to agree.
BBQ4Me
AG
Ragoo said:

UMichAg said:

Given that almost all climate scientists and chemists agree that humans are causing climate change, then yes I believe it.

Climate change is the one issue where all these people pretend to be experts and claim that they know better than the experts.

97%.
http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

You lost the bet. Poop slap time.
Ragoo
AG
UMichAg said:

Ragoo said:

UMichAg said:

97%.

97% of so called climate scientists. You said almost all implying the entire scientific community to which I claimed i doubt you could get 10% to agree. Better?
BBQ4Me
AG
Ragoo said:

UMichAg said:

Ragoo said:

UMichAg said:

97%.

97% of so called climate scientists. You said almost all implying the entire scientific community to which I claimed i doubt you could get 10% to agree. Better?

Pretty obvious it's implied that one would poll climate scientists as they are the experts.

But since you love to be wrong...

" "Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures?"

Eighty-two percent of the 3,146 scientists who completed the survey (a 30.7% response rate) answered "yes" to question 2. That figure included 75 of the 79 individuals (97.4%) who self-identified themselves as climate scientists."
Ragoo
AG
Believe what you want but take some time to speak with experts in science that are not funded by the government to do climate research.
BBQ4Me
AG
Ragoo said:

Believe what you want but take some time to speak with experts in science that are not funded by the government to do climate research.

Which is exactly what I've done.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I self-identify as a climate scientist, and I say they are all full of ****
Funky Winkerbean
AG
UMichAg said:

Ragoo said:

UMichAg said:

97%.

What percentage of all climate scientists are "actively publishing"?
Ragoo
AG
Wade Winston Wilson said:

what else do you self-identify as?
Ragoo
AG
UMichAg said:

Ragoo said:

Which is exactly what I've done.
good for you. There are plenty out there that have a difference in scientific opinion.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Ragoo said:

Wade Winston Wilson said:

what else do you self-identify as?

It changes whenever it's convenient for me
P.C. Principal
Shots fired by the Weather Channel!

but seriously, Breitbart is garbage.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.