My Alma Mater is better than yours!!

5,744 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DrZ
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
80s Guy
Egon approves
wangus12
AG
Used to play football against ya'll when I was in high school. Think we went 1-2 the 3 times we played.
Geralt of Rivia
S
They only beat our alma mater by about 40 or 45 this year, but they're still no Austin Regents
TxLawDawg
AG
But were you in town for the parade tonight?
PrincessButtercup
AG
LOL

that's where you went? We played y'all. I didn't like going there. But my school was lame, too.
meat09
AG
And yoakum beat halletsville, to the semis.
IrishTxAggie
AG
TxLawDawg said:

But were you in town for the parade tonight?

No. I live in the tine. Too far of a drive. If the game would've been in the evening instead of at noon, I might have gone to that.
Geralt of Rivia
S
They also took my old bball coach this year. Granted, he had been forced out by a new admin after 15 years of coaching basketball there
IrishTxAggie
AG
PrincessButtercup said:

LOL

that's where you went? We played y'all. I didn't like going there. But my school was lame, too.

Where did you go?

Also, hope you get to feeling better.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Haha creeper.

I went to another TAPPS school, obvs, but mine is a lot smaller. 2A I think. But I remember traveling there to play a few times in basketball.
IrishTxAggie
AG
St. Paul is 2A too. My graduating class was 14 kids.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Oh I read division 4 as 4A. My class was 6.
wangus12
AG
They got LG? Not surprised that he was forced out. Pretty sure I don't know any of the teachers there anymore.

When my brother played they beat SSP pretty good a couple times. Not surprised we get whooped by them now.

Dang didn't realize we'd moved up to 3A now. Guess we don't have to lose to Sacred Heart in the first round of the playoffs anymore
PrincessButtercup
AG
Did y'all play Sweetwater?
Liquid Wrench
Makes my wimpy ass private school sound like a diploma mill.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Sacred Heart had a weird setup. Not sure if they still have it, but they were 3A in everything BUT football for awhile.
IrishTxAggie
AG
No on Sweetwater. Played LaMarque Christian and Katy Faith West when I was there. One other Houston area school, but don't remember. Concordia Lutheran I think it was.
wangus12
AG
That sounds right. They had a massive football team compared to us in terms of numbers. We played up in 3A for soccer because most 2A didn't have a team.

I graduated with 18. Never played sweetwater
wangus12
AG
We played Faith West a couple times. Did you know that Ted Cruz went there
PrincessButtercup
AG
wangus12 said:

We played them sometimes. I went to volleyball camps there in the summer. Didn't know Cruz went there.

We didn't play a ton of Houston area teams.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Six man?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Was unaware of that... Might explain where he got the smugness from. It was always fun whooping those wanna be rich kids asses. They had beemers, but none of them had any grit or an once of physical toughness.

Shiner is a country town. We rarely lifted weights and the hardest part of practice was the after practice running for endurance. We all had jobs and 90% of them required more physical labor than football. Our coaches considered it a wash and they didn't have to stick around for an extra 1.5hrs for weight training.
IrishTxAggie
AG
11-man. There might have only been 25 guys on the team, but we fielded an 11-man team. Majority of us played both sides and the freshman were on kickoff and kickoff return so we could catch a breathe.
GinaLinetti
AG
ColinAggie said:

PrincessButtercup said:

LOL

Where did you go?

Also, hope you get to feeling better.

Sick again? Girl. I'm naming you typhoid butternut
wangus12
AG
Nothing like spending a summer loading hay to get you ready for football season. Thats what I did anyways.
wangus12
AG
Lucky you. We had the same situation, except I was the kicker/punter as well thanks to be the soccer kid. Those were the only plays I jogged on the field.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Haven't been sick in a while since I moved from the black mold place. But every one at work has been sick the last two weeks and I guess it's my turn.
IrishTxAggie
AG
wangus12 said:

Nothing like spending a summer loading hay to get you ready for football season. Thats what I did anyways.

Old feed mill for me... Nothing like an old building with 3 3-ton mixers inside putting off more heat than the devil's ballsack with no air circulation. Hell, we didn't have the cottonseed hulls in a freaking silo!! Had to shovel those damned things into a buggy and then push them to the front end of the mixers! ****ing weavels were my closest friends during the summer!
wangus12
AG
I did the feed mill thing at Producers while I was in college and before I became a paramedic
IrishTxAggie
AG
wangus12 said:

I did the feed mill thing at Producers while I was in college and before I became a paramedic

A/c and heating installation and service work in college. Guess I was a glutton for punishment and sweating my ass off.
Liquid Wrench
wangus12 said:

Faith West and then Second Baptist.
GinaLinetti
AG
I forgot about the mold. Glad you got over it so quick. I had a friend that was jacked up for months after an encounter. Feel better
titanmaster_race
Since we're talking HS football, our team beat RG-knee in the playoffs on the way to a state title my senior year.
mike_ags_fan12
PrincessButtercup said:

Oh I read division 4 as 4A. My class was 6.

So how does top 10% of the class work?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.