General James "Mad Dog" Mattis for Secretary of Defense

7,861 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag with kids
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well... This outta be good!! 'MURICA!!!!

'MURICA

80s Guy
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
In before the inevitable take it to the politics board comment.
Amazing Moves
Sounds like a great prospect. Hopefully they get by that little snag.
The Wonderer
AG
Amazing Moves said:

Same. I'm, not sure Congress grants the exemption.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Amazing Moves said:

Republican controlled Senate and House. I don't see the exemption being a problem. Does congress really want to piss off their boss on the first day of work?
BurnetAggie99
MadDawg is a great pick for Trump. Hell of a Marine.

https://www.google.com/amp/taskandpurpose.com/5-badass-quotes-marine-general-james-mattis/amp/?client=safari
Rutedown
Wow, he's only 66. I thought from the pictures he'd be in his early 70's. Didn't age well, but does seem like a bad mofo.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all."
histag10
AG
If he runs for President, his slogan could be Mad Dog 2020.

He would pick up demographics that have not voted Republican since Hoover
The Wonderer
AG
histag10 said:

BurnetAggie99
When I was in the Marines he was Commander over 7th Marine Regiment in Afghan and Commander over the 1st Marine Division in Iraq
Aggies Revenge
AG
Not sure if people realize what they are getting with him. He has earned the name "Maddog" but he is a well read intellectual as well. I am hoping he will one of the louder voices of reason in the cabinet.

histag10
AG
Aggies Revenge said:

Not sure if people realize what they are getting with him. He has earned the name "Maddog" but he is a well read intellectual as well. I am hoping he will one of the louder voices of reason in the cabinet.

I would hope that most people know that all Generals are pretty well read and educated. Its not an NCO type position.
Aggies Revenge
AG
histag10 said:

Aggies Revenge said:

I would hope that most people know that all Generals are pretty well read and educated. Its not an NCO type position.
HistAg, when I mean well read and intellectual- he is above the norm for a General Officer.
histag10
AG
Aggies Revenge said:

histag10 said:

Aggies Revenge said:

HistAg, when I mean well read and intellectual- he is above the norm for a General Officer.

I dont see how that really changes anything I said or that you said originally. Yes, General Mattis was considered one of, if not the, most well read officers. You said you arent sure if people realize what they are getting, I'm assuming you mean they only think of him as the ruthless war time general. I simply stated that ALL Generals are more well read and educated than the average person, and that I would think most people would know that.
Aggies Revenge
AG
histag10 said:

Aggies Revenge said:

histag10 said:

Aggies Revenge said:

I dont see how that really changes anything I said or that you said originally. Yes, General Mattis was considered one of, if not the, most well read officers. You said you arent sure if people realize what they are getting, I'm assuming you mean they only think of him as the ruthless war time general. I simply stated that ALL Generals are more well read and educated than the average person, and that I would think most people would know that.
You would think that, but then again, what you would like people to think and the reality of how they think are two majorly different things.
Olsen
histag10
AG
Aggies Revenge said:

histag10 said:

Aggies Revenge said:

histag10 said:

Aggies Revenge said:

You would think that, but then again, what you would like people to think and the reality of how they think are two majorly different things.

Troof
B-1 83
AG
histag10 said:

Aggies Revenge said:

Sure, but not all are warriors. This guy seems to be.
BurnetAggie99
Mattis is a Mustang as he was enlisted first when he joined the Corps. It was well known he read books and had a huge book collection like 7,000 books. He carried a copy of Meditations by Marcus Aurelius on him during combat.
histag10
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Mattis is a Mustang as he was enlisted first when he joined the Corps. It was well known he read books and had a huge book collection like 7,000 books. He carried a copy of Meditations by Marcus Aurelius on him during combat.

Did you just quote Wikipedia? No joke, that's basically word for word the first thing that pops up when you Google mattis
IrishTxAggie
AG
histag10 said:

BurnetAggie99 said:

Did you just quote Wikipedia? No joke, that's basically word for word the first thing that pops up when you Google mattis

Wikipedia is a legitimate source!!

/freshman English student
Chickenhawk
histag10 said:

Poty worthy.
histag10
AG
GeorgiaAg85 said:

histag10 said:

Poty worthy.

I can't take all credit. Saw the top part on facebook, the 2nd part is all me though
Chickenhawk
Still, bravo.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
histag10 said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

histag10 said:

Poty worthy.

I can't take all credit. Saw the top part on facebook, the 2nd part is all me though

The top part is the funny part
I Am A Critic
Aggies Revenge said:

histag10 said:

Aggies Revenge said:

histag10 said:

Aggies Revenge said:

Don't let histag bother you. The boards are littered with tons of posts where she babbles about stuff of which she has no clue.
histag10
AG
What is your beef? What exactly did I say on this thread that wasn't correct or that I know nothing about?
histag10
AG
I know. Which is why I put it on here. Thought you people would enjoy it.

I even made a point of not taking credit for the top part.
CheeseSndwch
Rutedown said:

Wow, he's only 66. I thought from the pictures he'd be in his early 70's. Didn't age well, but does seem like a bad mofo.
BurnetAggie99
Nope it's well known with Marines that served under him. You know what Mustang means?
histag10
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Nope it's well known with Marines that served under him. You know what Mustang means?

Yes. Lots of military in my family. I know what a Mustang is.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Ead high speed. The NCO Corps in all branches are highly educated and most senior level have bachelors degrees and some have masters degrees.
45-70Ag
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.