What was your best/favorite food deal while in college?

16,251 Views | 187 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by maverick2076
Dr. Mike 69
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sunday lunch at Mom's Boarding House in Bryan; I was a fish in '65. Brest fried chicken and mashed taters 'n gravy I ever ate.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

There was a dance hall with the name Denim & Diamonds at 1600 S College Ave, Bryan at some point between 1990 and 1993
I think that was Rodeo 2000 when I was in school. Great place to meet overweight townies.
Ronnie
AG
Quote:

And Gumby's always believed you when you said you had a coupon. I kept an old fish year one that I used my super senior year. Large Mix/Match for $12.99 (newer books were $15.99).
Yes!

I had a contest with roommates where we tried to get the absolute lowest price/most food combo we could, basically testing the limits of their coupons.

$7.99 for 2 medium pizzas and a dozen pepperoni rolls, and a 2 liter of pepsi. I have a coupon.

Guy on the other end "Wow, that's a great deal!"
army01
AG
$5 massives from Gumby's. Had to pick up a stack of coupon books at Loupot's at the start of the semester.
PseudonymK
AG
Lol. On campus chick fil a, aggie bucks used wherever they took them, and leftovers/groceries from home. I either rode my bike to the Admin building to grab vittles from Momma or rode with her home to take groceries and I lived in the Davis-Gary RA room...with a mini kitchen. -

I remember cooking for Thanksgiving for a few people who couldn't go home.
Ogre09
AG
$2 frozen margaritas at Fish Daddy's! Two or three of those and you were doing fine.

Or the small rib plate at J Cody's, and fill up on all you can eat sides and bread!
TxFig
AG
wbt5845 said:

Cow Pie & fries at the Cow Hop. I wanna say it was $2 back in the day?
and a 16oz Pig Out was 75 cents.
TxFig
AG
There used to be one of those little "photomat sized kiosk" places outside of what is now Bed, Bath, & Beyond called "Archie's 39 Hamburgers". I would get a 10-pack of those things..
duffelpud
AG
In the early 80's there was a Chinese place near the present ski-lodge themed fire station off University - just south of it on that street that connects to Lincoln. It had round windows like a ship and the food came in a square styrofoam box that was about 12"x12"x4".

Also the cow hop for a cowpie and fries.
TxFig
AG
Oh - and Hebert's (if you like Cajun food). Best Cajun food in town.
PseudonymK
AG
Jockey Lot Turkey Legs.
PseudonymK
AG
I forgot, Old Country Buffet.
dah4439
AG
jetch17 said:

Fitz Favorite
This.
maverick2076
Zapato's trash can nachos
$10 Massive Gumby
$4.25 gyro, fries and a drink from M&M Grill delivered on campus

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.