What was your best/favorite food deal while in college?

16,258 Views | 187 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by maverick2076
91_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Back in 1987 when I was a freshman here, carrying my map of campus around as I tried to find my 8am class on Monday because "Hey, I used to go to school and had to be there by 7:30am so an 8am class at college is just fine", the People Book was actually a gold mine.

Today it sucks if they even still print it.

Back then, Domino's still delivered in the 30 minutes or its free time frame.

But they didn't advertise in the People Book. But a bunch of local pizza joints did... Leaning Tower was one of them and it had a 3-topping medium pizza for $3.99 delivered. but their pizza sucked.

Domino's had a policy of "We'll accept any competitor's coupon".

Now Domino's wasn't the best pizza, but it was much better than the local options.

So, my roommates and I would go get about 100 to 200 People Books from Campus, and I'd pretty much eat a medium pizza just about every day for lunch.

Of course that was when my metabolism was like a nuclear reactor and I could eat and drink all I wanted never get above 185 pounds on my 6'3" frame.

jetch17
AG
Fitz Favorite
TXAG 05
AG
jetch17 said:

Fitz Favorite

This and Pepe's
Human
AG
Double Dave's buffet
Zip lock bags
A back pack
Apt. Freezer
Profit
The Fife
jetch17 said:

Fitz Favorite
Beat me to it. I'd load up on a bunch of the coupon books they had at the MSC, take the pages I wanted and leave the rest.
GMM
Jack in the Box $0.99 tacos
Wicked Good Ag
Swensen's Big Meal Deal
AgBass01
AG
The chinese buffet place out by the walmart at Harvey Mitchell and Texas. Double Dave's 2 for Tuesday on pepperoni rolls, we'd order a dozen and get a dozen free and have them delivered to the dorm.
3 William 56
AG
$0.99 Totino's party pizzas
The Fife
There was also using fish whose parents got them a meal plan that was way too big for Stone Willy's pizza rolls.
titanmaster_race
Those extra large oven ready pizzas from HEB. On Monday there was a coupon that made them $8. Cooked in 10 minutes, delicious, and had a few meals worth of leftovers.
george92
Chinese food place in gas station on Wellborne. Los Nortenos for Mexican. Flying Tomato for Pizza.
Leeman
Fatburger was good.

Also used to order a pizza and 16oz coke from some people delivery place for $5.99. Can't remember which one - though I know it wan't Gumby's.
wangus12
AG
Fitz Favorite

When I was a senior in high school, I took college classes at Blinn in the morning and then went to the high school. I knew a gal at Shipley's. Pay $0.88 for 1 dz. donut holes and she fill up the half dozen box with about 10 dz. donut holes. Shared with classmates and I'm still not sure how I didn't get diabetes
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Buy one get one free at Cane's if you showed your student id and said you attended the game. I think there were certain restrictions like, the basketball team had to score 70 points or the soccer team had to score 2 goals. It was hit pretty much twice a week.
hurleyag
AG
jetch17 said:

Fitz Favorite
Thread ended early.
Madaman
Cstrickland05 said:

jetch17 said:

Fitz Favorite

This and Pepe's
i love you both
Madaman
AgBass01 said:

The chinese buffet place out by the walmart at Harvey Mitchell and Texas. Double Dave's 2 for Tuesday on pepperoni rolls, we'd order a dozen and get a dozen free and have them delivered to the dorm.
taste of va-china
Ervin Burrell
AG
Rosa's Taco Tuesdays was like $3.99 for a meal w/ drink, and they'd thrown in a bean burrito if you showed your student ID.
Flashdiaz
AG
second behind Fitz Favorite was the Feed Barn deep in Bryan. Don't remember the exact deal but it was a full steak and potatoes and drink for about $7
UncleStephry
Ramen garnished with Goldfish and a mozzarella stick.
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
Fazoli's on Tuesdays.
wbt5845
AG
Cow Pie & fries at the Cow Hop. I wanna say it was $2 back in the day?
62strat
AG
Freshman year my roommate (long time friend) and suitemate had the 'every meal' plan, but hardly used them all semester, so they had like 50 left the last week or two, so we'd go load up on whataburger and crap from that convenience store under sbisa, and I didn't pay for chit.

That's the best deal I got.

lexofer
AG
Papa John's $4.99 large pizza carryout on Mondays. Got 3 meals out of it.

Dairy Queen had a $1.99 burger and fries for a few months. I stopped going when one of the girls at the window asked for my phone number.

Gattiland $4.99 all you can eat with coupon. Get there at 2pm, eat, watch TV, get slushie, look for 1hr unlimited play cards laying around that still had time on them, eat, repeat until 6pm, then go get drunk, or bring a flask of rum/vodka to mix with slushie. Counted as lunch and dinner.

Keystone 30 packs for $9.99.
EFE
AG
Aggie Special from Rosenthal
Snuffy from Chicken Oil
Wing and Tender Combo from Wings
Healthy choice beef tips and mushrooms from the lab I worked in as a freshman
Free Chipotle burritos we were supposed to have the DD's give away at home games
Dr. Doctor
AG
Skinny kid.

Cowboy Choice.

And Monday's used to be 2 for 1 crazy bread and $5 Hot and Readys (before they rolled it out) little Ceasars. Could get pizza and breadsticks for $14 for 3-4 days, depending on how you stretched it.

And Gumby's always believed you when you said you had a coupon. I kept an old fish year one that I used my super senior year. Large Mix/Match for $12.99 (newer books were $15.99).

~egon
Corps_Ag12
AG
Cowboy Special at Fitzwilly's

Beer & a burger with fries for $8
The Fife
Splitting a trash can lid between 4 or 5 people at Zapatos worked pretty well. Under $4/person IIRC.
Claude!
Aggie Special at Tom's.
chiken
AG
Freebirds. I yousta be able to get a filling meal for less than $5.
HBCanine08
AG
Using meal plans to buy Whataburger under Sbisa in 2004/2005.
95_Aggie
AG
Country Kitchen (RIP): All You Can Eat Fried Chicken or CFS on Thursday nights
agnerd
AG
wangus12 said:

When I was a senior in high school, I took college classes at Blinn in the morning and then went to the high school. I knew a gal at Shipley's. Pay $0.88 for 1 dz. donut holes and she fill up the half dozen box with about 10 dz. donut holes.
So you were screwing college chicks while still in HS?
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

jetch17 said:

Fitz Favorite

This and Pepe's

Pepe's.

"Hi. I'd like 30 tacos, por favor."
"That'll be $7.00."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.