College/high school cheating stories

16,959 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SeattleAgJr
atm0812
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
High school German class, I would write some German to English translations in pencil on my desk before vocabulary quizzes, sometimes the day before if I was thinking ahead. Then I just smudged them off as I went along on the quiz.
MouthBQ98
AG
Not so fast.

What if it the TA was a 2/10? It could have been a real sacrifice.
KyleRob12
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Classmate used to cheat off my Algebra 2 tests in high school. One time I decided to screw with her. I went through and bubbled all the wrong answers on my scantron. She went and turned hers in. When she sat back down I pulled out a clean scantron and bubbled in all the correct answers. Beech got a zero and failed that class miserably. A few months later she killed a girl and is now in prison.
That escalated quickly.
Kurt Gowdy
AG
Took a management course at Blinn one summer taught by a local attorney.

It just so happen my buddy worked as a runner for the firm and was talked with making copies of the test.

Made a B that semester.
Geralt of Rivia
S
You had a friend get copies of the tests and you only got a B? At Blinn?!?
Kurt Gowdy
AG
Exactly. I was never in class - why throw up red flags by acing the test. I always missed a few on purpose. You said it yourself - it was a Blinn, who cares what the grade was?
Beerosch
AG
When I was at A&M there was one year where I had a g/f that lived outside College Station. I cheated on her about every weekend that we weren't together. Then I found out she kissed some dude so I broke up with her.
Mr Gigem
AG
big ben said:

Stat 303, hated the class, sat next to the only Asian, got a B
My Stat 303 class was loaded with Asians, got an A

FWIW, the prof let us use past notes/homework/exams during the test. She didn't, however, specify that we couldn't use the keys to said homework and exams during the test. Turns out the test was like 95% verbatim from past tests. I finished that **** in like 5 minutes
Mr Gigem
AG
My sociology of sport prof had a hard-on for athletes and members of the Corps. He held us back after the 1st day of class and told us not to worry about it, and he'll get us the grade we need.

We also met the night before the tests at a room in the rec and he shared with us exactly what was on the test. Easiest class I ever took at A&M
YogiBeers
AG
I would write a text file with all my notes and formulas for a test and upload them into my TI 89. Learned more from typing it in than I ever did from the actual info on my TI89
OnlyForNow
AG
Now see this kinda crap is where the problem lies. If they used a cheat sheet or the picture during the test sure it's using unapproved materials during the test (cheating) but if someone memorized those answers it is just stupid and shouldn't be counted as cheating. Their poor grade should be punishment enough.

My story is that my senior year in HS we had the same teacher for govt and Econ. And he let us grade our own tests in class. BUT, he passed out red pens for us to use, it was super easy however to take part a few red pens and replace the red ink tubes with black ink.
falconace
When I was at a&m I was accused of plagiarising myself since i used the same paper for three classes the same semester. I don't know how they knew that I reused it since it was before all of the plagiarism detection software.

When one professor told me they were considering reporting me to the honor board for plagarism, I asked who I plagiarized. They said yourself. I literally laughed and asked how that was even possible. The next semester the syllabus specified that your work had to be original for the class.
Trident 88
AG
Senior year in HS. My Spanish teacher went on maternity leave and was replaced by an incompetent, unreasonable substitute who no one could understand. By the end of the semester, everyone was freaking out about how the idiot sub was going to screw up our GPAs. So, I woke up early on the Saturday morning before Finals week and suddenly decided to do something about it.

I drove to school, removed the large window to the classroom, picked the lock on the teacher's cabinet, stole the answer key, and drove to the drugstore to make copies. Then, I drove back to school, put the answer key back in the cabinet, and replaced the window.

I shared different parts of the answer key with lots of people in my class, but only a few of us had all the answers.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I gave my AP US history a Cleveland steamer after school one time. Had no effect on my grade and I didn't care since I already had a 98% in her class and she just had a weird scat fetish.

Seriously, though, in some upper level math classes some profs didn't realize how extensively you could program a TI 89. Was pretty easy to load up programming to "show work" and other traps that would fake being erased if the prof wanted to see it.
AgTDub
AG
MouthBQ98
AG
I have to admit, over Christmas break my freshman year, I spent days programming my TI calculator to do integrals and differentials but in a way that let me put in the equations and it would prompt me through to show the work. I probably spent WAY more time doing that than I would have actually studying it. The irony is that all that time I spent trying to make things easier, I actually learned decently how to do the math.

Too bad it's been 2 decades since I had to do that crap, and can't remember the slightest thing about it now.
Serious Lee
falconace said:

When one professor told me they were considering reporting me to the honor board for plagarism, I asked who I plagiarized. They said yourself.
thats like when CCR sued john fogerty for sounding too much like....john fogerty.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
My 5 really good friends and I had just gotten out of a stint at our alternative school for showing up drunk to a football game, so we were definitely on the radar of every assistant principle and teacher at our school at the time.

I was pretty good at writing papers and one of the 5 good friends who was a 4.0 student happened to suck balls at writing. We had seperate 'honors' English teachers, but the same free writing assignment with a rubric of basically "write a research paper based on whatever the **** you want with the subject being Moby Dick". The previous writing assignment had essentially the same rubric and he and I re-wrote my paper that time using different words, and we both got A's. This time around, I wrote a 5 page paper comparing Ahab to Hitler citing scholarly sources, so when he asked to replicate what we previously had done, I told him it was way too specific this time to try to plagiarize. I ended up emailing him my paper, so he could 'get an idea' of what good writing looked like. I told him if he copied mine, we'd definitely get in trouble.

Obviously, I get a call into my AP's office like a week later. When I show up my friend is walking out and says quickly in a super low voice "DON'TADMITANYTHING". I go and sit down in my AP's office and his AP (big school, like 6 different APs) is sitting beside him with, no lie, with a ****ing lamp staring right in my face. They show me copies of the papers and ask me why my paper is the exact same as my best friend's. I act bewildered and say I have no idea. Then my friend's AP says (dude was a huge *******), "what if I was to tell you, your friend admitted to us you let him copy your paper?". I thought about that for like 5 seconds, but was pretty sure my friend wouldn't rat me out, so I told him I had no idea what he was talking about. He instantly slammed his hand on the desk screaming "DAMNIT!" Shortly after, they told me my friend said that he had 'stolen' the paper off my family computer while I was napping at my house after school. Which was such an obvious lie, but they couldn't prove it with out me outting myself.

I didn't get a grade for that 6 week period, because they had one of the secretaries scouring the internet trying to find the paper, because they thought we both plagiarzed someone else's work. It turns out my teacher liked my paper so much she showed my buddy's teacher.

Tldr; let my best friend copy my paper and then had to re-inact he Seinfeld interrogation between Jerry and Newman. Best friends to don't snitch.
ac04
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

and then had to re-inact he Seinfeld interrogation between Jerry and Newman.

Newman: Didn't you find it interesting that your friend had the foresight to purchase postal insurance for your
stereo, huh? I mean, parcels are rarely damaged during shipping.
Jerry: Define rarely!
Newman: Frequently.
Jerry: Are we about through here Newman?
Newman: It's pretty hot under these lights, huh Seinfeld? Pretty...hot

Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Quote:

You had a friend get copies of the tests and you only got a B? At Blinn?!?
My classes at Blinn were tougher than my classes at A&M
OregonAggie
AG
Aside from maybe randomly asking someone for an answer, I never had a well crafted cheating story during high school or college.

I was accused of cheating by my statistics prof at A&M and he even sat next to me and watched me take an exam. I didn't go to class much and got a B in his class primarily by using algebra to figure out a lot of the answers. He said he'd never seen anything like it and that it was clear I had no idea what I was doing.

I told him that his class was apparently too easy since I had no clue what I was doing and got a B in his class.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Quote:

I told him that his class was apparently too easy since I had no clue what I was doing and got a B in his class.
T&P to the class the following semester.
OregonAggie
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Quote:

T&P to the class the following semester.

I probably ruined a lot of lives with my reckless comment...never thought about that until today
McCoveysCove
I took Political science as a sophomore. I went to class maybe 10 times all semester for MWF class. including exams. He had a seating chart so if you werent there the GA marked you absent. I had a D average and needed to do good on the final. I went to his office and asked what I needed to make a B in the course and he laughed and said I had too many absences that there was no way I could pass the final. I said what are you talking about I am in class everyday. He looked surprised and said but you have over 20 absences and I said no I do not, I am here everyday, I may have missed a couple of class but no way over 20. I told him that i never sat in the assigned seat that i always sat in back row...He said oh really? I said of course. he said prove it, and I said well I can show you my class notes they are all dated... he said ok and I went to my buddys house and copied all his notes from the class and brought them back the next day. Showed my notes and he said there is no way this can be true . I told him these were my notes and for him to compare my notes and dates with his lectures. He said ok you can take the final. i made a high B on the final and got a c in the course
HBCanine08
AG
donyvon said:

I took Political science as a sophomore. I went to class maybe 10 times all semester for MWF class. including exams. He had a seating chart so if you werent there the GA marked you absent. I had a D average and needed to do good on the final. I went to his office and asked what I needed to make a B in the course and he laughed and said I had too many absences that there was no way I could pass the final. I said what are you talking about I am in class everyday. He looked surprised and said but you have over 20 absences and I said no I do not, I am here everyday, I may have missed a couple of class but no way over 20. I told him that i never sat in the assigned seat that i always sat in back row...He said oh really? I said of course. he said prove it, and I said well I can show you my class notes they are all dated... he said ok and I went to my buddys house and copied all his notes from the class and brought them back the next day. Showed my notes and he said there is no way this can be true . I told him these were my notes and for him to compare my notes and dates with his lectures. He said ok you can take the final. i made a high B on the final and got a c in the course
lmfao. Are you an attorney now?
The Wonderer
AG
HBCanine08 said:

donyvon said:

lmfao. Are you an attorney now?
McCoveysCove
Ha. No I am A Physical Therapist
R E L
AG
In high school the Spanish class I needed didn't fit my schedule, so I took it at the magnet high school next door. As this was the late 90's (aka the stone age in South Texas) they had me hand walk my semester grades from that Spanish class to the office at my high school. On the way I took the liberty of making some 6/8 and 7/9 changes. Just my luck, the Spanish teacher followed up to make sure the grades were accurate.

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
donyvon said:

Ha. No I am A Physical Therapist
These types always turn out to be the rapists.

CanyonAg77
AG

SeattleAgJr
"Cheated" once, second semester advanced accounting.

Using the old green and white scantrons I wrote in light pencil in the green bars on the back, not thinking that flipping the paper over and over would be conspicuous. So I did not use it.

That said, I was in rush at the end of the test, and forgot to erase the pencil marks before turning it in.

All weekend I was so sick to my stomach that I would be expelled.

And the next Tues, the prof waited until the end to hand out the tests.

Since my last name starts with a letter late in the alphabet, it was a long agonizing wait

In the end, not busted.

and never even considered it again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.