Christmas gift idea - sailing

4,681 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by pikedawg
atag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My fil has been super amazing this year and has saved us thousands of dollars in repairs by being so handy at electrical and duct work. We have always done gift cards but I just don't think that seems right this year as I want to do something more meaningful.

As far as interests he loves sailing. He has a sailboat that he works on every weekend so I was thinking something along those lines....if any of you sail do yall have any suggestions seeing as I have no clue about it myself?

Tia
The Wonderer
AG
https://www.groupon.com/biz/seabrook-tx/sail-ventures-usa

I used this outfit before to go sailing with a girl I was seeing a few years back. The guy was really nice and we were on a <1 year old 40' Beneteau that was pretty nice. That have a bunch of different packages I believe.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Like most guys, he's probably into sailing because of the implication. Get him a bunch of condoms, whips, paddles, feathers, different types of lube, and some padded handcuffs to keep on his boat.
Liquid Wrench
Outdoors board is a better bet. But you could visit a sailing/marine specialty shop and ask them for advice on some kind of toy or gadget that he wouldn't have already bought for himself.

or maybe a nice framed nautical map of an area he likes.
AgEng06
AG
FOUR THIN INCHES said:

Like most guys, he's probably into sailing because of the implication. Get him a bunch of condoms, whips, paddles, feathers, different types of lube, and some padded handcuffs to keep on his boat.

"put out or swim"
Sweet Clementine
AG
You can get sail bags personalized with the name of the boat. For that matter you could get him a jacket with the boat's name on it. My sister did this for my dad when he had a sail boat.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
"You didn't hear about nobody drownin' out there, did you?"
AgEng06
AG
Exactly. I wasn't sure many people had heard that one...

(NSFW)

Scoopen Skwert
AG
Sailing takes me away to where I've always heard it could be
Just a dream and the wind to carry me
And soon I will be free
BO297
Get him a burgee (custom boat flag)

Let him design it and tell him u will pay for it

Google prestige flag. Buy him one for the boat and a few extras for office house etc. Once u pay for the setup and first one, around $150, each additional is around $25
atag
AG
Love the idea....I think we will get him a sailing jacket with his boat name on it....

Thanks guys!
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Is his sailboat named "The Flying Wasp?"
ballchain
TombstoneTex
AG
What does he sail and where does he sail out of? Racer or cruiser?
SeattleAgJr

Tomdoss92
AG
i'm pretty sure he needs some rope and a good life preserver.

atag
AG
38' cruiser called stellar of course. He docks it at Kemah. The problem with rum is that he has won quite a bit of it in competitions and he has more than he will ever drink. It's very cool and we love to go stay the night and hang out on the boardwalk.
Liquid Wrench
Your mom is called charts.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Why not get him some hoes? Nothing goes better with boats than hoes.

Seriously, though, what about paying upfront for some slip time (or whatever its called) if he wants to take it to another port on a trip? Is that even possible?
txagdan
AG
Rolex Yachtmaster would be a fine gift
AustinCountyAg
New pair of Sperry's
GoneGirl
AG
atag said:

38' cruiser called stellar of course. He docks it at Kemah. The problem with rum is that he has won quite a bit of it in competitions and he has more than he will ever drink. It's very cool and we love to go stay the night and hang out on the boardwalk.
Does he sail it in Yahty Gras?
biochemistry ag
AG
If you really don't want to overthink it, gift card to West Marine. Because he'll always need something for the boat
ballchain
atag
AG
TxElsie said:

atag said:

Does he sail it in Yahty Gras?

Every year. They always invite us but usually one of us has to work.
atag
AG
ballchain said:

atag said:

I know the boat. EDIT: I have raced in the same class. I'm sure I've met the crew and skipper at some point.

Small world! Very cool
Post removed:
by user
atag
AG
third coast.. said:

What about the harvest moon regatta?
I think that's the one where you win all the rum? Or was that the one a few weeks ago or are those the same? Either way that definitely is one he participates in.
superunknown
AG
A subscription to captain stabbin'
ballchain
ballchain
jetch17
AG
superunknown said:

A subscription to captain stabbin'
pikedawg
Captain Stabbin =

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.