Give me the lowdown on online dating...

51,635 Views | 474 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ShinerBlonde
Chazz03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had one girl respond and chat with me a while. Finally got enough info to find her on the Google and Facebooks. Turns out she had just had a baby and was engaged. Be careful out there HC
AgsLv44
AG
quote:
Did any of y'all run into weirdos that are using a completely fake profile?

No, but I was very selective. Like Cherry said I would google them. I also spoke with them on the phone once or twice before meeting.

One of the men I ended up dating for awhile told me about a woman who he dated exclusively for a year. He was thinking about asking her to marry him. He decided to introduce her to his mother. His Mom didn't care for her, but didn't want to say anything. He was a former asst. DA and now a partner in a law firm. Not once did he check into anything about her. Blinded by beauty I suppose. Long story short, his mother hired someone to check her background. She said she had never been married. She had been divorced 3 times. Said she had her masters (can't remember in what) Never been to college. The name he knew her by was not her real name and his mother found out she was a scammer. Had an arrest record. Anyway, he was happy his mother went behind his back and checked things out.

I was shocked he got back online.
Kate Beckett
AG
I talked to one guy to get enough of his info. Said he went to high school with me. Found his full name in yearbook. Googled him. Turned out he was a registered sex offender.
Uncle Howdy
S
I've been on dates with quite a few hot single moms. Lots of psychos out there
AgsLv44
AG
Oh my, Kate! Happy you googled him!
Kate Beckett
AG
I damn sure did. I do my homework on people. I blocked his number and reported him to the site.
AgsLv44
AG
Scary!
haircut
AG
Well, I sure don't want to get butt raped. Maybe I'll continue posting updates just you you guys can walk me through the dip****s.

I'm going to take this phone number and find out more about this individual
AMW2010
AG
Never had a bad experience on tinder, dated one girl from there for Half a year, we had lot of mutual friends and check me out with them and they said nothing but good stuff about me.

Recently went on a road trip to Ohio, and I was matching with beautiful women left and right. Lots from Ohio State, Nashville,TN, LSU, and Ole Miss...and all I get in Houston is well... Not women that are my type
Uncle Howdy
S
Be sure to keep us updated like Gilbert arenas on Twitter

Smee
stalking
AgsLv44
AG
I'm sure you'll be fine HC. Just be selective and make sure you can verify who they are.
AgsLv44
AG
quote:
stalking

Smart
Tatem
i'm bad at stalking. I can't find WWW
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
Well, I sure don't want to get butt raped. Maybe I'll continue posting updates just you you guys can walk me through the dip****s.

I'm going to take this phone number and find out more about this individual

Be the predator, or become the prey.
haircut
AG
quote:
I'm sure you'll be fine HC. Just be selective and make sure you can verify who they are.
I'll be selective and I'll run background checks to verify their info
haircut
AG
I'll try and at least be assertive, although that's been difficult. I've quickly learned this is not the most important thing to do with my time. Fishing is. This dating thing is just for fun and maybe someone will get pregnant from it.
Uncle Howdy
S
quote:

Kate Beckett
AG
Being a female in today's society, you almost have to stalk these people to make sure they are who they say they are.
haircut
AG
quote:
www is really easy to find tate
Uncle Howdy
S
You've popped up in my people you may know recently also
haircut
AG

Will friend
TyHolden
AG
quote:
Be sure to keep us updated like Gilbert arenas on Twitter

That's great
marble rye
AG
FOR ****S SAKE.
Kate Beckett
AG
Me perusing dating websites/messages:

AgsLv44
AG
What's the matter Pam?
petey88

FWIW, I have a good friend that ended marrying a good guy, found on match. A family member did the same, and found the same.

For me, I tried it once years ago. The lady was very attractive, agreed to do lunch. Picked her up where she worked at a government job.

The posted photo had to have been at least ten years old. This gal had a ton of wrinkles from being in the sun. As we dined and conversed, she didn't like anything she ordered, not even tomatoes in her salad. As she kept talking, I could tell it was nothing like the 2-3 telephone conversations.

End of story, never tried that route again
MaterialAg
AG
it's a whole lot of this -

profile picture

in person

FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Chris Farley>Patrick Swayze
bert harbinson
AG
quote:
To my disappointment, I believe I was matched with a scam. I asked what her interests were and the response was "I'm here for two weeks here's my number if you wanna have fun 570-###-####"

I imagine that's a lie. What yall want me to ask next?

Just casually ask where's the best place to buy ice in bulk, and later, how much a kidney goes for.
haircut
AG
Not a bad idea, but I imagine these POS people have their system down and would respind. I'm going to do some investigation and see if I can track the number to an individual.
Kate Beckett
AG
Try this site.

https://www.privacystar.com/reverse-lookup/
haircut
AG
Thx KB
B-1 83
AG
quote:
quote:
Did any of y'all run into weirdos that are using a completely fake profile?

Several. These are trolls trying to scam money. They will say they are in Nigeria or something on business and can't get home or something like that. Even use the same intros over and over.
Lots of them specifically look for widowers. I had "Sugar 4 You" in Chicago (yes, her screen name) and various others wanting to meet me - that was on Match. Not much of it on OurSilverTime.com.
Chazz03
AG
quote:
Try this site.

https://www.privacystar.com/reverse-lookup/
Thanks Kate. Just looked up a number I was given and it comes back to a dude.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.