Give me the lowdown on online dating...

51,643 Views | 474 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ShinerBlonde
HBCanine08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
The attention hoaring is strong with this one. Wolfpack ASSEMBLE!
is that still a thing?
No. Everyone is nice on TA now.
Do I need to crank up my dick meter?
Aggies Revenge
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
is that still a thing?
No one wants to see that! Well, BB might.
Kitten With A Whip
Well this has been quite educational. Thanks for all the input!

Uncle Howdy
S
Want to get a burger at the Chicken?
Lily09
AG
I met my boyfriend on match.com 1.5 years ago.
Gil Renard
AG
I like how on Tinder the disclaimer is "Not looking for a hookup" and the girls are on at Tinder app
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
Not fiance yet?
Chazz03
AG
quote:
There it is
Kitten With A Whip
quote:
Congratulations, Lily, that's awesome!

@WWW... I just might at some point.
Uncle Howdy
S
Cool deal
Uncle Howdy
S
quote:
quote:
There it is
AngelAg
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
is that still a thing?
YES! PLEASE!
Claude!
quote:
quote:
Not fiance yet?
Beyonce would be disappointed.
Aggies Revenge
AG
Maybe since your expectations are outside the norm of regular dating sites you need an alternative. Try alt.com
AMW2010
AG
quote:
quote:
There it is

Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
There it is

http://i.imgur.com//AIWemgV.gif
haircut
AG

quote:

quote:
I would stay off the free sites unless you just want the d

Yeah, I can get the d anywhere. Looking for someone with potential for more than a good lay, though that is important fo sho.
haircut
AG
Well, I've been encouraged to sign up for this online dating shizz. Anybody want to do a write-up based on my online personality? Also, I'm also struggling with the idea of "selling" myself and having to load pictures of my mug.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
is that still a thing?

No they're not. We just get banned for stating the obvious.
marble rye
AG
quote:
Well, I've been encouraged to sign up for this online dating shizz. Anybody want to do a write-up based on my online personality? Also, I'm also struggling with the idea of "selling" myself and having to load pictures of my mug.

Don't be nice like you are here. Be a ****. Chicks love that.
Eliminatus
AG
quote:
I can do it for ya. Have had moderate to decent success in the past for what I was looking for at the time. Mostly through Tinder. Kinda awesome being single with a good job and in a major city in your 20s. I was encouraged as well at the time and expected nothing of it. But I ended up enjoying myself for a little while.

So far I have that you are a young to middle age fella that likes haircuts.

And having to sell yourself comes after the mugs. If you struggle with that just give up now. You have to be attractive or at least attractive enough. That is your in. You have to get them to stop for more than 3 seconds on your profile and that's where the selling part comes in.

Don't worry. We got this.

ETA: Oh and I just actually read this thread. I had no idea KWAW was a woman. Spreadsheet updated. Wait so that means Sweet Kitten Feet is the dude right?
B-1 83
AG
quote:
quote:
I can do it for ya. Have had moderate to decent success in the past for what I was looking for at the time. Mostly through Tinder. Kinda awesome being single with a good job and in a major city in your 20s. I was encouraged as well at the time and expected nothing of it. But I ended up enjoying myself for a little while.

So far I have that you are a young to middle age fella that likes haircuts.

And having to sell yourself comes after the mugs. If you struggle with that just give up now. You have to be attractive or at least attractive enough. That is your in. You have to get them to stop for more than 3 seconds on your profile and that's where the selling part comes in.

Don't worry. We got this.

ETA: Oh and I just actually read this thread. I had no idea KWAW was a woman. Spreadsheet updated. Wait so that means Sweet Kitten Feet is the dude right?
Does leasing that BMW help?
Lily09
AG
Haha. Looking back at this thread, I had no idea that he had a ring and was going propose about 4 days after this post.

47 days to go!
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
Haha. Looking back at this thread, I had no idea that he had a ring and was going propose about 4 days after this post.

47 days to go!
nice!! Congrats!!
HBCanine08
AG
I probably said this already, but I don't want to go back and read everything: Online dating is a good example of "hit or miss". I've done the paid sites like match.com and the dating apps. I met some good people from online dating and dated someone for a while, but it's like shopping for a used car. You know what you're looking for, but you know some cars may be more damaged and less reliable than others. It may take a while to find the right one.
bagger05
AG
quote:
I probably said this already, but I don't want to go back and read everything: Online dating is a good example of "hit or miss". I've done the paid sites like match.com and the dating apps. I met some good people from online dating and dated someone for a while, but it's like shopping for a used car. You know what you're looking for, but you know some cars may be more damaged and less reliable than others. It may take a while to find the right one.
How is this any different than "traditional" dating?
haircut
AG
quote:
even though you might be correct, I don't think I can pull off being a *****. Maybe I can compromise somehow? Maybe I'll wear a ball cap, if I ever get to go out with one of these ladies.
haircut
AG
Thanks for the advice, Eliminatus. I'm going to suck it up and focus on getting a current day picture of myself because without a good mug shot any possibilities are missed.
MaterialAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Yes, chicks LOVE ****s. That's how this business works.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
quote:
How is this any different than "traditional" dating?
You have a mass selection to choose from and can select more variables that you like in a person and you talk and chat a bit before the first (and subsequent dates). You decide whether to take that "test drive" or not. More variety (bigger pool to choose from and be picky) which means more weeding out.

Whereas in traditional dating, you meet someone and you're limited in the knowledge about that person. You may have been introduced or set up blindly by a mutual friend or met them somewhere randomly and asked for their number.

HBCanine08
AG
bagger05
AG
quote:
You have a mass selection to choose from and can select more variables that you like in a person and you talk and chat a bit before the first (and subsequent dates). You decide whether to take that "test drive" or not. More variety (bigger pool to choose from and be picky) which means more weeding out.

Whereas in traditional dating, you meet someone and you're limited in the knowledge about that person. You may have been introduced or set up blindly by a mutual friend or met them somewhere randomly and asked for their number.
I thought you were saying traditional dating > online dating because online is so hit or miss. Seems like traditional dating would be even MORE hit or miss because of what you were just saying. So maybe we agree and I simply misunderstood you.
HBCanine08
AG
May have been my fault. I am at 2 out of the 3 cups of required coffee intake this morning.
bagger05
AG
quote:

I've eaten bad Chinese food before. Really makes you think.
bert harbinson
AG
quote:
May have been my fault. I am at 2 out of the 3 cups of required coffee intake this morning.

It's nuggets like this you get on dating websites:

Things I can't live without..."My morning coffee." That's some relationship-building **** right there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.