So has anyone ever seen this Greg D character on yelp?

132,800 Views | 637 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CoachtobeNamed$$$
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Somebody on the myBSC board mentioned him so I went to check it out. The dude reviews EVERYTHING. He has 2,480 reviews. Here are some of his gems.

Texas A&M University mail services- five stars
quote:
Recently had an introduction to inter-campus mail at A&M. Found a student ID card, called student services and was asked to return it to 750 Agronomy, student services office by using the 4 digit MS (Mail stop) number. Have heard of this before but never had a reason to use it. All you have to do is put your item to mail in an envelope with the MS# and drop it in the gray mailbox on Ashbury Street between Sbisa and the water tower by the bike racks and it arrives at the intended building the next day. Free. If it's outgoing USPS Mail with postage mailed before 2 pm it's transferred to the United States Postal Service the same day.

In addition to the gray mailbox on Ashbury Street you can leave any internal mail with the MS# in any tray of any office counter on campus and it will arrive at the destination building and department the following day, if mailed before 2 pm, free. Nice service that worked great.

Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender Service Center- five stars
quote:
Commonly known as the GLBT or "The Closet" (That's a local cute joke! ) I've had a working relationship with the students and employees of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Resource Center for many years. I recall 7 years ago when I first met them and seeing the warmth of community that has developed, I have watched TV and parts of movies here in their lounge and met some really cool and upcoming people. See, sexual preference has never mattered to me in my life as I know that what others like is none of my business. To each their own. GBLT doesn't attempt to go preach on the rooftops they just appear to be open armed.

While watching the opening of the Winter Olympics and Germany in particular, it reminded me to mention on Yelp, that Texas A&M University has an outstanding and wonderful community for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans and Texans and International students and staff. And you should see their pin collection! It's awesome!

I am a GLBT supporter! AAA+++ A&M Does it right.

McDonalds on university - three stars
quote:
This location right across the street from Texas A&M University, a place I have called home for 7 years, was the last McDonalds in the United States that I will ever eat at in my life. It was today, I had the Bacon and White American Cheese Spicy Chicken with no lettuce (which causes them to have to make a new fresh hot one.) God I love those.

The service here was always fast and friendly, yet I recently read up on what "Mechanically separated chicken" is and I don't even feed food byproducts nor grains to my cat. So, why should I eat it?

I will continue to eat at McDonalds overseas, in Europe and Asia, Japan in particular as they have menu items very unlike here in the states.

I made a new years resolution to eat better more often. So this was my last McDonalds.

Dixie Chicken- one star
quote:
Okay for some odd reason I have had over 30 people send me private messages this week asking if "The Dixie Chicken" is the best place to go in College Station, etc.

No. It is not. I will try to summarize it. Dixie Chicken is operated by a local company that also owns Dixie Oil and some bars. It apparently used to be a place where graduating students would drop their Texas A&M ring upon graduation, into a pitcher of beer and then drink the whole thing risking alcohol poisoning in front of their parents and friends and family. It's obviously not an A&M Tradition yet one of white trash.

The food here really sucks big time. It's actually a rip off.

The burgers are overpriced made from pre-frozen beef and only good if you are drunk.

The Chicken Fried Steak is a joke as they use pre-frozen tiny little patties from SAM's Club. Order one and you should by all rights be given your own serial number for participation in a "Jack Ass Parade". Go for it, you have been warned.

The beer selection sucks as they have no imports nor local craft beers.

Gov of Texas (George Bush) that acted as President even when he wasn't elected used a written script that I was surprised that he could read at my wife's graduation at A&M saying that "Dick Cheney might be at the Dixie Chicken having a beer".

Nope. No one that lives in College Station would ever think of going to the Dixie Chicken as a foodie destination, Gov Bush (I refer to him as such as that was the last thing he was ever elected to) was a jack ass and got some of my friends killed in Iraq.

While this would be a prime place to suggest where else to visit, search for yourself.

Dixie Chicken is a total waste of time and money.

Pssst: (Ladies). If some guy ever takes you here, you need to dump him ASAP as you can do better.

Valero in Roans prairie-three stars
quote:
Original building was torn down and there's now a large stop. Old photos are now cute.

Gas price was exactly the same as the lowest in Bryan, College Station, Huntsville, New Waverley and even Coldspring.

PA04
Staff - please move this back to mybcs.
Predmid
AG
Sounds like a pretentious ******, I mean, valued texag poster.
ac04
he managed to politicize a review of the dixie chicken. sounds like a real blast to hang out with
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
He gave me a compliment once on one of my yelp reviews
Madden
That Dixie Chicken rant was something else
Swarely
quote:
It apparently used to be a place where graduating students would drop their Texas A&M ring upon graduation, into a pitcher of beer and then drink the whole thing risking alcohol poisoning in front of their parents and friends and family. It's obviously not an A&M Tradition yet one of white trash

Missed those the first time. My sister and her friend pointed them out to me.
EFE
AG
quote:
Staff - please move this back to mybcs.
bmc13
AG
I think we found fngo
Bass to Mouth
Vader reviews....
WindowLickerAg
AG
SOmeone has too much time on their hands and hates George Bush and the Dixie Chicken
PA04
We're posting on an Internet message board. We all have too much time on our hands.
arson keg
quote:
The burgers are overpriced made from pre-frozen beef and only good if you are drunk.

Might be a good business model if the chicken was a bar.
Alan Johnson
AG
From a review of mugwalls sandwiches

Finally I saw the guy doing a slicing motion and told my wife "This is good as slicing the sandwich in half is normally the last step"

wtf is wrong with this guy
GinaLinetti
AG
quote:
quote:

Might be a good business model if the chicken was a bar.

CDub06
AG
He's nicknamed himself "The Taco Monster." His reviews kill me. Take this selection I posted on MyBCS from his review of Mr Chinese Burger:

quote:
Okay I have eaten here every single day for the last 5 days in a row since it opened. (Even heavy rain Wed when there were still 30 people in line waiting for it to open. )

I'm getting bored with Mr. Chinese.

Mr. Chinese needs more variety. They have the most ominous and powerful food truck a football toss away, Chef Tai with his food truck that won the Food Network Favorite in America. Tuff challenge. But if I got bored of it this fast, they need to have more variety.

Ok, Mr Taco Monster. IF you want to keep it fresh, how about don't eat there 5 DAYS IN A ROW???!?

[This message has been edited by CDub06 (edited 3/8/2014 7:58p).]
CDub06
AG

[This message has been edited by CDub06 (edited 3/8/2014 7:58p).]
Slicer97
AG
a Freddy w/Death an' some toothpicks sound really good 'bout now
Swarely
Swarely
And he's back with a review of willies icehouse that can only be described as schizophrenic!

quote:
If you don't wanna read this review, do a quick broad google search and see if you can find any Yelp reviews at over 3 stars for this sub-chain. (Ignore Foursquare, those people are derailed whackos checking in more than us) Now that I have your attention.

I ate at the original Willie's Ice House in Houston the month it opened in 1993.

See, back then it was an "Ice House". See, we don't have those in California and upon settling in down heh in Tejas I quickly learned how the jumbled mixture of leather clad bikers co-mingle with the lore ladden, chaw spittin' partna's and good 'ol boys in cowboy costumes blended. Even with the Mexicans. It was all about comradery at the end of a day, hell, even the Mexicans were allowed, as long as they couldn't be overheard speaking spanish, they wouldn't get their asses kicked. Women were scarce (with a full set of teeth) and you always knew stepping foot in the place most certainly exposed you to the risk of being stabbed. But it was all in fun. A celebration of cheap assed American **** beer liquid like Coors and Bud in unsanitary ice bins where everyone shares what's on each others hands... And open barn doors to allow any flow of air during a Texan summer (10 months long), just to let the stench, smoke and alcohol smell air out. That's why they have them.

So here we are 21 years later. Willies was torn down I am pretty sure. I don't see how that old rickety structure could have survived the several hurricanes that cleaned up a lot of other old trash. And now we have this Sub-Chain. Yep, Willies isn't even a "Chain" it's part of a chain of chains. Fajita WIllies Cafe and Cantina is also the same company that in 2014 brings us such rich culinary and beer drinking history of 1993 Houston (as mentioned above) and nothing more. And who the **** is Willie anyway?

So there's a sandbox for the kids. Cute. Maybe playing in one of College Stations 73 parks with your kids, for free and away from a bar might be an option. Video games? I do recall when the original Willies and others had this lore from the late 1980's when it started to wind down, then Dave and Busters gave Houstonians a new reason to go get **** faced together as it was all about the games. The Coleco Vision trumping the Atari 2600 hadn't sunk in yet.

So what does WIllie's bring to our community in place of the T.G.I. Friday's that failed at the same location? Nothing whatsoever. It's the same fodder, yet worse. See, TGI Fridays being a much, much larger global chain had the sodium levels lab tweaked to make you thirsty with concentrated, scientific power punchers of diuretics to go with expensive American, just horrible quality liquids somehow still allowed to be called beer, and it's a mad cycle with all your money going to them and your health be damned. A girl in really short shorts with a nice ass as a server just seals the deal.

Oh yeah, the food. Sheesh, almost forgot about that. In an almost exhaustive attempt at determining anything positive to say, aside from the fact that their neon sign is now the brightest thing in the 900 block of University Drive East and they are bringing jobs for College kids, it's the same. It's the same as TGI Fridays, Chili's, Applebees, all these cutesy named sodium vendors that also use the art of extreme dehydration of the guest.
Gone
Someone who is a part of the GLBT community hates the Chicken? NO WAY!!!!!
Pirate04
AG
I love Willie's Icehouse
DifferenceMaker Ag
He's raking in $3.75/day on BigSpot.com for those enthralling reviews.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Good grief

[This message has been edited by Fonzie Scheme (edited 3/31/2014 6:36p).]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 4/2/2014 2:43p).]
GMM
In regards to ring dunking:
quote:
one of white trash

Kind of has a point...
Diamond Geezer
Fonzie Scheme are you the poster formerly known as FNG?
Greg D
It's not a welcome experience to be drawn to a forum to view a very descriptive death threat to myself.

Fonzie Scheme posted here;

http://forums.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?forum_id=12&topic_id=2452212&message_id=38978381&hi=1#r38978381

Okay now this person (whom is being investigated) expressed a clear desire and plan to commit murder (of myself) and a plan to dispose of my body.

Would anyone else care to comment? I have filed a criminal complaint against the person threatening me.

College Station Police Report #14-003692 with Officer Webb.
Post removed:
by user
StillNotAnAggie
**Insert eating popcorn gif here**
Diamond Geezer
I would care to provide my opinion: Your "reviews" on Yelp are an embarassment to the area. Your me-first attitude seems like attention-seeking and a cry for help. In which case, you are in the right place.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
You're obviously new to the Internet. Welcome, friend.
NativeTxn
critter cam
Greg D
The person whom threatened me can refer to College Station Police Report #14-003692
MonkeyKnifeFighter

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.