Law Hall Roll Call

3,394 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by duffelpud
FM-AG95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw a signature for Law Hall Ramp 9 Mules. I have 2 Ramp 9 Mule T-Shirts. Used to do a little front door service myself.

Please note any ramp and year reference.

[This message has been edited by FM-AG95 (edited 12/12/2007 10:51p).]
mgaggie06
AG
My dad lived in Law all four years, class of 80

He used to tell me stories about life there, sounded like a blast.
FM-AG95
AG
Makes me feel old to hear about dad's in Law. I got stuck there for applying late. Stayed 2 years from the 91/92 and 92/93 school years. Lot of fun. So many stories from streaking to Sul Ross and soooo many home field wins. SWC or not, good to win some games. Hopefully Sherman can bring it back.
chico
AG
stayed in ramp 6....
Ramp 9 Mule 96
AG
Man, haven't been on here in a couple of days and was really surprised to see this topic. Law was awesome. I was there after you, 93/94 and 94/95 school years. My brother may have been there then though (91 I think). It was pretty depressing when they decided to demo it. Lots of fun there though (and so cheap to live in).
FM-AG95
AG
Who was your brother? I am Bryan from Tyler. There were so many good guys I would love to keep in touch with.
Ramp 9 Mule 96
AG
His name is Greg G. He had some buddies named Brian, Kevin, Ross and several others I can't recall right now. They were all Mules. You probably knew some or all of them. I went to visit my brother while I was still in H.S. and the fun I had then is what led me to want to live there once I got to Aggieland. Fun times.
aalan94
AG
Four years in Law, 1990-1994. Ramp 3 the first year, then 3 years in Dorm 8, which attempted to seceede from Law, but was unable to do so because we were stuck between 7 and 9.

Many great moments:
1. Grodeball in the courtyard.
2. Burning couches.
3. Bikes in the trees.
4. Having some jerk call me over and over because I was the R.A. and yelling "F--- you" as soon as I answered. He stopped after I forwarded my phone to UPD and he didn't know it.
5. Mattresses that said "Property of the Texas Department of Corrections."
6. Ramp 6 Dogs spackling over the cracks in the walls with Sbisa mashed potatoes.
7. The time the hall president in 1990 was ordered by RHA to make us watch a safety video. He held up the VHS tape, waved it around saying "watch this"...then stuck a p orno tape in the player.
8. Ramp tramps. Every ramp had them.
9. Yell fights with Puryear: "Your mom takes Aggie Bucks" and "Hey Puryear, I just shaved your sister's back!"
10. The volleyball pit. Too bad they tore us down the next year.

FUp!

[This message has been edited by aalan94 (edited 12/13/2007 12:04a).]
aalan94
AG
quote:
Makes me feel old to hear about dad's in Law.

Law was built in 1927, so it's possible that dads, grandads and sons could all have lived there.

Ramp 9 mule, I'm sure I know you. I was your RA for a few years. There were lots of interesting folks in that ramp, and your brother sounds familiar.

quote:
stayed in ramp 6....

Chico, which dog were you?

--------------------------------

http://www.aalan94.blogspot.com/

[This message has been edited by aalan94 (edited 12/12/2007 11:54p).]
Bajan
AG
So will i get crucified if I say my dad lived in Puryear (sp?) in the late 70s?

he used to tell me bout the yells in the middle of the night.

/me? Moses-RIP

[This message has been edited by Bajan (edited 12/12/2007 11:44p).]
PuryearAg98
AG
And don't forget the deluge of rain we received the last year Puryear and Law were standing...Has us our own pool in the center of the two dorms with tackle football ongoing...Good Times!
aalan94
AG
Puryear, I think you're referring to grodeball. Every time there was a big rain, we'd throw an old carpet over the drain in the courtyard and a pool would build up. We'd put a rubber trash can on each side and then a football in the middle. The two teams were either Law vs. Puryear or upper classmen vs. Fish. There were no rules other than get the football in the trash can. I was never so muddy, wet and miserable in my life (prior to the military), but it was amazing fun. I do recall getting racked one time and crawling back to Ramp 8 in utter pain.

quote:
So will i get crucified if I say my dad lived in Puryear (sp?) in the late 70s?

You know how it is. We hatted Puryear immensely...but not as much as we hated the other non-air dorms, in comparison to whom, the Playboys were our buddies. And we didn't hate them as much as the rest of Northside...And we didn't hate them as much as Southside...And we didn't hate them as much as we hated the Greeks...And we didn't hate them as much as the t-sips...and we don't hate t-sips more than we hate Yankees...etc. etc.

Hate has a way of propagating like that.

--------------------------------

http://www.aalan94.blogspot.com/

[This message has been edited by aalan94 (edited 12/12/2007 11:57p).]
LouisvilleAg
AG
Tear it down.

Oh wait....sorry, already happened!

Central Side, Hart's it, North, South, eat sh*t!
chico
AG
alan - I'm way older, class of '83.
Thanks for bringin' back the memories. Lots of late nite yells. People would take a break from studying, go outside at 1:00am and get into a yelling match with pURYEAR - always the same yells:
fup
esl

Some d-bag flingin' a container of baby powder into our window fan, scattering powder all over our room.
The grode football matches sound fun - we never did that. However we did have the doooch fights filling up trash cans with water & throwing them on the pURYEAR a-holes.
Stealing cable from under the stairs so that we could get MTV on our stereo (back when MTV actually played music). We also hot-wired a radio to the bathroom to click on whenever we turned on the light switch.
Good times.
JR_83
Another class of 83er here. I was in Ramp 8 (Animals) from 79-83. I somehow remember that that the key to our door also fit the RA's door. Hmmm.... Also, when Puryear went to go have their dorm picture taken, we had one of our guys go over and steal, err liberate, the Puryear Ramp 8 bathroom door (8-ballers).

Characters - the Crotch, the Dork (RIP), the ****, YK, A$$houle, Bronto, Goodhoot, etc....I remember several Ramp 8 Mules (2 inch tools), too.

Ramp 8 Animals
Enormous gen!tals
**** you, world!
schmiddy94
Ramp 6 baby...fish and soph year, fall 90 to spring 91.

Had AC my soph year. Snuck a window unit in, put it in our loft, piped the warn air to a window fan and piped the cold air to under our covers. Made the whole year without the AC unit being confiscated...unlike some of the other stories I heard. Bought it for $300 the summer before our soph year and sold it to a fish for $200 at the end of the year.

At the end of our soph year I remember an impromptu bonfire in the yard...someone buring their couch so they didn't have to take it home.

Those were good times.

BTW...Puryear Ramp 9...FUP...if any of you chumps read this

quote:
Stealing cable from under the stairs so that we could get MTV on our stereo (back when MTV actually played music). We also hot-wired a radio to the bathroom to click on whenever we turned on the light switch.

Sounds familiar, nothing like free cable! The cable company would come and fix it every now and then and we would just go do a little wiring and wha-la we had cable again.

[This message has been edited by schmiddy94 (edited 12/13/2007 8:10a).]
Mission Ranch AG
AG
Lived in Ramp 9 during 73/74 and 74/75 school years. Good to hear everyones stories. Mr. Washington was the janitor. He hated coming into ramp 9 every Monday after a football game. The place was trashed. Many a water fight with puryear. Bicycles in the trees. Roped the water fountain one night, busted the pipes and flooded the first floor. Use to go fishing in the Henderson Hall (old jock dorm before they moved to Cain)swimming pool. We have a Law Hall Ramp 9 reunion at one football game every year. It is great getting together,seeing the old gang, drinking a few beers and telling a few lies.
schmiddy94
Alan

quote:
The time the hall president in 1990 was ordered by RHA to make us watch a safety video. He held up the VHS tape, waved it around saying "watch this"...then stuck a p orno tape in the player.

You talking about the president that was the cycling junky? That guy would eat pasta like it was going out of style...at Sbisa no less but i guess that was a good thing...all you can eat.
LawHall88
AG
Ramp 3, 83-88.
MAROON
AG
Class of 83
Lived in Puryear - Ramp 8 - 8 Ballers baby!

- I remember water fights in the quad, stealing Law's toilet paper on Friday nights (no replenishment until Monday by the TAMU housekeeping), etc. etc.

Puryear Playboys
The Maggies delight
Last of the Ol' Army non-regs
ALL UNIVERISTY CHAMPIONS!

Pooh Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

ESL!!
ish3D
Ramp 4 from 94 till they kicked us out
puryearag85
AG
ESL!
Bajan
AG
But guys I think it in the end we can all agree:
North Side Close Knit...
AggBock
AG
South Side Eat S.....

Schuhmacher Dong 98'
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
ESL!

Damn right!

Nasty Niner from Puryear Hall right here! From Fall '92 to the end of the Fall '94 semester

[This message has been edited by BohunkAg (edited 12/13/2007 9:50a).]
Hoosegow
dang you guys are good. I was there in 90-91 but don't remember what ramp. Law was a blast and the best year I was there. I got in trouble for using a WD-40 can as a flame thrower. The RA came running up asking where the fire was. I had to explain what I was doing. He cussed me and ran back down to call off the fire department.

During my hearing, I told the disciplinary board that I was trying to kill a moth. They asked me why I didn't just swat it. I told them it was a big moth. Told 'em it was a mam-moth. Everyone cracked up and I was placed on probation for the rest of the semester.

I hurt several Puryear qu**rs in grodeball. Put one in the hospital.

Freshman orientation, they were explaining letterheads. They said they were going to ask us to shave our heads and if we resisted, well, they were going to have to run us down, tackle us and someone was going to get hurt. I said Damn right someone is going to get hurt. No one touched me.

91poohah
AG
esl
FiredUpAg
eat
shat
law
AG86PF
AG
I was an RA for Ramps 8 and 9 for over two years......

Class of '86.

f.u.p.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Waiting for the e.s.l. reply!!!!!!)
condoaggie
AG
Law Hall 80 - 83. Ram2 2%ers. Whatever happen to Bonfire Todd. Always with the chainsaw at 4 AM.
condoaggie
AG
We need a picture of Law. Anyone have one ?
Aggiewes
AG
Ramp 2 from '83-'85.

Good stuff!
swharton
AG
Ramp 2 '90 to '92

Treasurer of '91 - '92

Scott
Class of 94
chico
AG
believe it or not, my wife found a post card of Law Hall in some old antique store years ago. We've still got it.
The card was from the 1940's(?) and shows some small-ish oaks out front.

Here's some trivia - there's also a Law Hall at UofH campus (my wife stayed there - so we're both Law Hall vets).
chico
AG
here's F.M.Law's bio
http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/LL/fla71.html
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.