Question to ticket sellers (regarding cancellations)

2,367 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bufrilla
aggietony2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How are y'all handling tickets you've sold to events that are now fan free?

Offering full refunds?
Offering whatever the university offers you to the buyer?
Meeting somewhere in the middle?

I'm not sure how to treat this situation. If the game had been rained out or moved to another day, I don't think I'd be offering anything (this has happened in the past) as that's kind of the risk of buying tickets through a forum and not a broker.
src94
AG
If the university refunds, I would say the lesser of what you sold it for and what they refund. At least that's what I'd do.
src94
htxag09
AG
Game moved to another day, no refund, tickets are still valid.

If the game is cancelled, or closed to public, because of weather or coronavirus, you should be refunded by the school, team, or organization. 3rd party buyers should also be refunded, what they paid, by who they bought the tickets from, IMO.

Again, just my opinion, but I've received full refunds from tickets purchased 3rd party when events were cancelled. Granted it's always been through stub hub or a platform like that.
aggietony2010
AG
htxag09 said:

Game moved to another day, no refund, tickets are still valid.

If the game is cancelled, or closed to public, because of weather or coronavirus, you should be refunded by the school, team, or organization. 3rd party buyers should also be refunded, what they paid, by who they bought the tickets from, IMO.

Again, just my opinion, but I've received full refunds from tickets purchased 3rd party when events were cancelled. Granted it's always been through stub hub or a platform like that.

Ultimately what I'm going with is a refund once the 12MF gets things in order. If they send me the "compensation" if there is any, I'll refund. Otherwise I'll leave it to the buyer to decide what they want. Fortunately this is mostly just a way for me to get priority points. I can't imagine the stress if my livelihood were tied to this.
God save the Patriarchy!
CFTXAG10
AG
I am refunding the buyer the full the amount they paid me. However, I bet a lot of people are about to get ghosted if they bought from somebody they don't know on the secondary market.

tamc93
AG
I will work with the people who bought from me here (edit: I have none that bought during the time frame), but I have no idea how to reach them on StubHub.

(Edit to add: It appears StubHub will be issuing refunds and back charging the seller).

From the 12th Man.

In response to health concerns surrounding coronavirus, known as COVID-19, the Southeastern Conference has suspended regular season competition for teams in all sports on SEC campuses, as well as SEC championship events, until March 30.

Information on refunds for tickets purchased directly through the 12th Man Foundation for events during this time will be released in the near future.

Fans who purchased tickets from other ticket sources should contact the seller directly.

Regarding this unfortunate situation, Texas A&M Director of Athletics Ross Bjork said, "Our student-athletes and staff are incredibly grateful for our thousands of donors and fans, and we thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time. We look forward to working together in moving past these challenges, and remain very excited for the future of Texas A&M Athletics."
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
12th Man Ag
AG
I have refunded the full price people paid me here for any games that have already been cancelled. If the entire season is wiped out, I will refund the additional folks.
12th Man Ag
AG
Rice returned the $39 for the HBU (3/17) tickets I bought as a part of a package for the A&M / Rice game on 3/12.
aggietony2010
AG
12th Man Ag said:

Rice returned the $39 for the HBU (3/17) tickets I bought as a part of a package for the A&M / Rice game on 3/12.

That's awesome. I'm reaching out to people as the games scheduled date approaches and refunding money. Once the 12MF says what they're doing for season ticket holders, I'll go ahead and give refunds to everyone else. They'll get them regardless, I just want to make sure that anything the 12MF gives is coming to me if I'm refunding the full price.
God save the Patriarchy!
bufrilla
AG
Refund what was paid. That's what you are suppose to do. That's what I did.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.