PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

57,733 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Aggieterri
ooshwa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Just a reminder to please be cautious when dealing with anonymous users on the internet, including users of this forum. We urge extra caution when interacting with users who have recently created their account (date is in their profile) and have neither a subscription nor an AgTag.

Our hope is this forum remains primarily a place for Aggies helping Aggies, but as its popularity grows, we urge you to exercise prudence due to its public nature.
chipotle
91poohah
AG
I've bought and sold off TexAgs for years. No long-time poster would risk their forum-cred or username by screwing over another user, so that's a must in my opinion. Ag tags are a great reference, as is the 12th Man tag. Also, ask for references if it seems questionable, or check out their LinkedIn profile and do just a bit of homework before dealing with someone you don't know or trust. Just my two cents.

If you post a "WTB" for a big game, someone will probably try to take advantage of you. Be skeptical, don't trust "pics" or screenshots of tickets. Make the seller work for it and prove beyond a shadow of doubt they are who they say they are, and that they actually have the tickets. A season ticket holder can easily prove they are the original owners of the tickets. And if they claim they got the tickets from "their boss", neighbor or a co-worker, get a name and class year and do some detective work. It's pretty easy to see through most of these scammers if you step back from the excitement of their offer and just do some due diligence.

Also, here is a running list of known scammers below. Most will use a different email or phone number, but making them go that extra mile for their con can help. Identifying and listing them may also help prevent someone else from making a mistake.

KNOWN and Suspected SCAMMERS

864-363-9657 or 864-663-6452

Jeremy Lightsey 914-363-0097. Venmo is @jeremy-lightsey-4

Randol Marks. marksrandol@gmail.com username-Davidsonclark

Jake (or Jacob) Lyle 843-306-8654

331-256-9351

Ruvalcaba86 361-288-9739 (Listed several times on TexAgs as a scammer)

markdutill1963@gmail.com at 864-525-026? Or 713-929-3854

817-947-4072

512-890-4948 and 817-947-4072

281-603-3873

979-429-3744. (Multiple offender)

Gary Houngton aka Cole Gregory Pritchard

Username nash4don

Name: Bernice Safford
Email: Wbernice67@gmail.com
Phone: +1 716-539-0706

(305) 814-3186. tissyquws1@hotmail.com

(615) 247-9419. rxsnduzboqj@hotmail.com

James Nennig 337-394-2366

Dominga Rost at domingarostjao74@gmail.com with a PayPal of ajcgcktgpck@hotmail.com under TobyHerbert

720-608-8117 Mikael Williams

@TIMOTHYCHAPLIN863
last four digits 6524

Traveler25 - 281-628-9192

Devin Ziemba DevinZiemba1022@hotmail.com. Venmo is @Bishop-Watt and last 4digit is 9884

jjjen25502@gmail.com +1 (708) 971-0217

Traveled7- TaklanLainej@outlook.com

956-320-7116, tickets in Sec 127 Row 2 seats 27-30. Fraud Venmo account @shondarespressutpj

Zelle: @danielmorenolfak
Last four digits: 1072
Zelle:Sandra Patterson

Chippertouchcatering7

jmes25501@gmail.com
user: jmes25501

956-320-7116 still active. Stay clear

Kbannen2550 @ gmail
Borin Chan on Venmo

636-492-2702 offering RV passes

717-433-3452

956-415-0770
FlatlandAg
AG
91poohah said:

I've bought and sold off TexAgs for years. No long-time poster would risk their forum-cred or username by screwing over another user, so that's a must in my opinion. Ag tags are a great reference, as is the 12th Man tag. Also, ask for references if it seems questionable, or check out their LinkedIn profile and do just a bit of homework before dealing with someone you don't know or trust. Just my two cents.
That's what we said about MFBarnes1982 and look how he turned out!
FlatlandAg
fdt00
AG
There are 5 or 6 guys that broker tickets pretty hard on here.....
agtrader2
AG
Unbelievably, i just almost got scammed again while buying tix for Texas State. I was closing the deal with the actual real guy selling the real tickets when suddenly another number texted me saying he had my tickets. I quickly figured out of course that was a scammer but everyone really does need to be careful!

The scam number that texted me was +1 (713) 806-0678
box65
AG
Everyone, something happened to me this past weekend at the game that is so egregious that I want all Ags (including grads and all other true Ags at heart) to be aware of it. A couple of days before the game, I posted the sale of 2 tickets on the TexAgs Ticket Exchange posting the location of the tickets, the price, my phone number and my name, and inviting anyone interested to call or text me. Another Aggie (incidentally, also from the Class of '65) telephone me and we almost immediately concluded a sale over the phone, and I electronically transferred the tickets to him with the agreement that he would pay me at the game. My son, two grandsons and I barely arrived before the game and I introduced myself to the buyer. I noticed a surprised look on his face and, after our brief introduction, he told me that he had already paid the full ticket price to someone named John who was sitting in the seat next to him (one of my season ticket seats) when he arrived. Not having yet met me in person, he assumed that this person who identified himself as "John" was me. Unfortunately, he paid the imposter "John" in cash and pretty quickly after he was paid, the imposter "John" left. Obviously, there was no hope of finding this piece of trash in the stadium crowd.

Of course, we all know that there are non-Aggies that post here and on the Ticket Exchange, and I can only hope that this is one of those kinds of people. Virtually every time I have had extra season tickets to sell, I have sold them over the Ticket Exchange (ever since the Ticket Exchange came into existence) and virtually always to Aggies or, occasionally, parents of Aggie students. I have spent enough time in conversation and/or email exchanges with my many buyers to trust that the buyers are who they say they are, and I have been okay with making electronic transfers with the understanding that I will be paid at the game or by mail. Some of you may disagree with me about that practice, but it is important to me to always be able to trust my fellow Aggie brothers and sisters, and know that our Aggie Honor Code still means something. This is the first time anything like this has ever happened to me.

In the future, more to protect my buyers than anything else, I will encourage them to either pay me by PayPal or check (and I do understand that I could be cheated, but not easily, because any such cheating buyer will be sitting next to me). If, however, we should agree upon payment at the game, henceforth I will agree upon a code word of some sort to be exchanged between the buyer and me. Obviously, there has to be some level of trust between the buyer and seller depending upon whether payment comes first, or ticket transfer comes first.

It is my hope that this information will protect others of you buying and selling tickets in the future. You have to wonder how many other places within the stadium this slime perpetrated the same fraud on others. By the way, I want everyone to know that my buyer is an Aggie in the truest sense and has delivered a check in full payment to me.
FlatlandAg
AG
I always just get people to Venmo or PayPal first just because of situations like this.
FlatlandAg
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Is there a way to make sure the tickets are good?

What if someone was to make fake tickets and sell them for cash beforehand?
wsjag
AG
TexAgs should consider something like eBay amazon or other e commerce sites have where you can rate your experience as a buyer or seller with another poster.

One star - person was unresponsive or provided fake tickets etc.

5 stars - communication was good, tickets were legitimate and price was fair.

Just my 2 cents here but I think something like this would go a long way in making users of this site feel more secure about their purchases (whether they are active on here or not) in addition to an AgTag
aggietony2010
AG
If buying digital tickets, insist on transfer through the 12MF, and not just an e-mailed barcode. The 12MF process will invalidate the previous owner's barcode, and issue you a new one.

Note, if the ticket has change hands a couple times, this might not be an option, but it's the only way to ensure you have a unique ticket.
Sq 17
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Is there a way to make sure the tickets are good?

What if someone was to make fake tickets and sell them for cash beforehand?

A few years ago a very elaborate fraud happened in my section ( east side 1st deck )
The fraudster bought cheap third deck tickets created duplicate first deck tickets and pasted the legit 3rd deck bar codes onto the fake first deck tickets

Walked people all the way to the gate the ticket scanned as valid took his money it was not until they reached the seats did they know they had been duped
98Mom03
Well, this is a little scary for me as I would like to get 2 tickets for Tennessee game. As an older person sometimes I am not savvy on some accounts using technology. Thanks for the post but I really hope I would be able to determine valid sellers.
meteorag06
AG
Do not do business with either of these numbers. Or probably any 864 number.

(864) 363-9657
(864) 663-6452
rrose
AG
Do not try and buy tickets from a Jeremy Lightsey. He tired to get me for $100 for baseball tickets for this friday against kentucky. The section he said he has is 105 row 1, no seat numbers. His number is 914-363-0097. Venmo is @jeremy-lightsey-4.

Thanks and Gig'em
jigsaw87
AGGIEZ99
AG
BEWARE:

Randol Marks
marksrandol@gmail.com
Aggie09Derek
AG
Highly doubt the actual name and someone like that will just spawn under a different name/email.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
AGGIEZ99 said:

BEWARE:

Randol Marks
marksrandol@gmail.com

How did this person initially contact you? or did you respond to a post?
ooshwa
Staff
AG
rrose said:

Do not try and buy tickets from a Jeremy Lightsey. He tired to get me for $100 for baseball tickets for this friday against kentucky. The section he said he has is 105 row 1, no seat numbers. His number is 914-363-0097. Venmo is @jeremy-lightsey-4.

Thanks and Gig'em
How did this person initially contact you? or did you respond to a post?
Aggie09Derek
AG
One of his usernames is
Davidsonclark

Tied to Jredcstores - his google voice # is tied to that.

Went down a rabbit whole and may have found a real name for him....but not going to post until i'm sure.

Won't matter...these guys are scum and will just pop back under a different username. He has a bunch of usernames already on a bunch of websites.
sprinklerguy12
AG
I recently posted I was looking for 8 tickets for our game against Sam Houston, and posted my contact information on this forum.

A "Jake Lyle" contacted me and I agreed to purchase 8 tickets from him. I was skeptical due to his phone number being a South Carolina number, but he said he recently moved there from Houston due to work. He showed me "his" drivers license and a picture of a couple of the digital tickets, with the bar codes blocked out. He said he would send over the tickets as soon as payment was received. He wanted to use Google Pay, which I have never used, but attempted to at his request. I could not get it work, so I asked him to use Venmo. He said he hadn't used his Venmo in a while but would see if he could get it to work. Shortly there after, he sent his account info and I sent him the $600. The 4 digits from his phone number did not match the 4 digits in the Venmo account, but he quickly sent me the correct 4 digits and stated he never updated his account. The picture on his Venmo account and drivers license look somewhat similar. An hour went by and I never received the tickets. He stated he was having an issue sending them and was on the phone with the 12th Man and trying to get it resolved. A day later, he is no longer responding to texts or phone calls.

I have contacted my bank but they state I need to resolve the issue with Venmo. I am currently attempting to do that, but sounds like it will take a while, if ever.

The guy goes by Jacob Lyle and his phone number is 843-306-8654. I noticed on his Venmo, a Keith Sherman bought football tickets from him 8 days ago for a 11/5/2022 game. I am curious if Keith Sherman is a Texags user as well and had a similar conflict?

Any help or information anybody may have dealing with Venmo and getting money back would be greatly appreciated. I am attempting to post the pictures with this post I have regarding this issue as well.
AggieTurf
Anybody on this board ever bought tickets from Bearkatrunner88? Please tell me you have had a good experience with this person.

Thanks!
Irish 2.0
I haven't personally, but he's been here for quite awhile. I wouldn't be worried about buying from him personally if I was a buyer
Tanglewood 84
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I've bought tickets from bearkatrunner for several years. Always been good for me.
HersheyMonroe
Don't buy from 331-256-9351.

I listed my phone number on my listing on Texags (which I won't do again) and they contacted me with a screenshot of my post. Offered tickets at a 75% discount from the average selling price on Stubhub. Became very defensive when I questioned them. Lot of red flags with their explanation of how they would transfer through email and such.
PrinceofRA
AG
Ruvalcaba86
361-288-9739

Just got scammed buying 4 tickets for the Tennessee Game this Tuesday. Not answering calls or texting back
ensign_beedrill
AG
There's a way to flag posts, but is there a way to flag users?
PrinceofRA
AG
Not sure? When this user sent me a private message I wish there was a way to click on his username, and it would take me to his profile. Instead you have to do a search of his username to see his profile. It's 100% on me no doubt, I got screwed for $210. It was after I did a Google search where I saw this user had been doing it for other games and he was a scam. Oh well lesson learned
scfunk
AG
Had one contact me from the following phone number:

979 - 429 - 3744

Figured out real quick they were trying to scam!
kimcosgrove
AG
How do you search for a username? I can't figure out how. I'm using the mobile app.
Kim Cosgrove Fightin' Class of '84
PrinceofRA
AG
I use mobile app also. I just did a search if his number on Google and he came up then I looked at his username and saw he didn't have an ag tag and looked at his other posts. Dude was casting lines to rob others.
kimcosgrove
AG
Username nash4don has offered me mbb tickets for the Alabama game. Price seems low. Anybody help me search for this user?
Kim Cosgrove Fightin' Class of '84
PrinceofRA
AG
I went on desktop Version to search his profile, and I would be careful. He is a rookie with limited posts. Good luck
Irish 2.0
kimcosgrove said:

Username nash4don has offered me mbb tickets for the Alabama game. Price seems low. Anybody help me search for this user?
Absolutely do not buy from this poster. This is text book scam
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.