WTS HLSR Cook Off Wristbands $80/each

1,215 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have two for Friday the 23rd that I'm looking to let go of. Food and alcohol included inside of the tent which will also have live entertainment.

PM me for more details.
Liquid Wrench
i was going to start a separate thread making fun of this fabulous wristband opportunity i got in email, but might as well use this thread;

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rodeo-cook-off-tent-access-tickets-tickets-42854716611

Quote:

***NOTE*** You will need a ticket to enter the event tent. Name of tent will be revealed after payment is secured.
$75-100 to hang out with total strangers standing in a packed line after paying for carnival admissions and parking? Are you sure that's enough money???
IrishTxAggie
AG
To each their own.
Texaggie7nine
Most tents I have been in, the only people I know are the people that went in with me. To me the amount of fun depends on the quality of the entertainment and food in the tent not how many people you know.
7nine
David_Puddy
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Most tents I have been in, the only people I know are the people that went in with me. To me the amount of fun depends on the quality of the entertainment and food in the tent not how many people you know.

I vehemently disagree with that. What is the point in going into some massive tent if you only know 2 or 3 people?
HBCanine08
AG
David_Puddy said:

Texaggie7nine said:

I vehemently disagree with that. What is the point in going into some massive tent if you only know 2 or 3 people?
The same can be said about bars
TXAG 05
AG
This is a twist on the usual thread. Normally it's someone offering to pay money to hang out with a bunch of strangers.
IrishTxAggie
AG
How much will dinner, drinks, and a concert cost you for a date?

Dinner and a couple drinks for 2 is easily $80. 3 drinks each at a bar will run you another ~$50. And live entertainment will run you ~$25 each. Just a matter of what some people like to do with their time and what they consider value.
Texaggie7nine
Like HB just said. It's like going to a very popular bar. And if you can get into a few tents it's like a strip of bars.

It's not something I enjoy doing often but once a year is good enough for me. Plus it's closer than Mardi Gras.

I've only gone when I know I can get more than 1 tent without having to fork out moola.
7nine
David_Puddy
AG
HBCanine08 said:

David_Puddy said:

Texaggie7nine said:

The same can be said about bars

Depends on the bar I guess. Going somewhere with a couple of friends where you can sit down and have a conversation, I'd say that's quite a bit different than going to cookout.....don't you think? If you want to compare it to going to a bar with a few people, a similar analogy would be like going to Cle or Spire (never been, but seen pics), except it's a massive amount of fake cowboys vs. $30k millionaires.
Ag_07
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Dinner and a couple drinks for 2 is easily $80. Dinner at a restaurant where I'm not eating on paper plates and have people waiting on me.
3 drinks each at a bar will run you another ~$50. Again, you're talking drinks from a bar that are brought to me, not well drinks out of plastic cups that I wait in line 30 mins for.
And live entertainment will run you ~$25 each. Not to see a drunk cover band in a tent

Cookoff is a blast but in no way would I pay to go.

I'll take the vendor tickets given to me and go all weekend, but hell to the no for paying to get into a tent. I'm sure some sucker will take them off your hands though.
Texaggie7nine
Or going to Lucky's on St Patty's day.
7nine
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
this thread is pathetically sad
TP Ag '87
AG
nah, just filled with cool people.
BrazosDog02
AG
Can you do an 80% discount for the ass pain of having to go into public and driving into Houston?

Asking for a friend (but not a friend that would go).
southernskies
I'll give you $20. Cash money
Texaggie7nine
I'll give you 0.00013 Bitcoin. It should be worth well over your asking in about a year.
7nine
Liquid Wrench
IrishTxAggie said:

Dinner and a couple drinks for 2 is easily $80. 3 drinks each at a bar will run you another ~$50. And live entertainment will run you ~$25 each. Just a matter of what some people like to do with their time and what they consider value.
You go on some ****ty dates if you're even thinking of comparing a date night to the cookoff experience. Remember, we're talking over $100 per person, plus the hassle of getting there, to stand in line for drinks and hope there's enough barbecue.

*edit: I'm not talking about your particular offer, I'm sure your tent is great and I don't think you would do anybody wrong. Just talking concepts here.
TexAgs1992
Saturdays at the cookoff are a sight to behold. If you can get passes to a couple of tents, it is well worth it.
JSKolache
AG
So overrated
helloag99
Texaggie7nine said:

Like HB just said. It's like going to a very popular bar. And if you can get into a few tents it's like a strip of bars.

It's not something I enjoy doing often but once a year is good enough for me. Plus it's closer than Mardi Gras.

I've only gone when I know I can get more than 1 tent without having to fork out moola.

Mardi gras is over
TXAG 05
AG
JSKolache said:

So overrated

Somebody's doing it wrong.
Ragoo
AG
David_Puddy said:

Texaggie7nine said:

i went to a concert by myself once. True story.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Ragoo said:

David_Puddy said:

Texaggie7nine said:

i went to a concert by myself once. True story.
How was that Nickleback show?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

JSKolache said:

So overrated

Ragoo
AG
it was Alt-J and it was awesome.
Fall92
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

JSKolache said:

So overrated

Dude, we'll be out there Thursday and Friday nights. Have the wimmenz connect.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
TXAG 05
AG
Fall92 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

JSKolache said:

So overrated

Will do. I'm sure they already have a plan put together. I'll be there Weds-Sat.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Fall92 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

JSKolache said:

So overrated

Will do. I'm sure they already have a plan put together. I'll be there Weds-Sat.
This guy knows what he is doing
AustinCountyAg
do I post links in this thread for the Cavendars sale so everyone can get a new ten gallon hat and belt buckles, or do I need to start a new thread?

nomadic_ag
AG
southernskies
I'm still in it for $20/ea
BigPuma
AG
let me know if you want the usual tickets.
Texaggie7nine
Will do. It's looking like I'll be out of town that weekend though.
7nine
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.