Ag with Cancer Class of 99 needs 2 tickets Bama

85,510 Views | 444 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 2DollarYo
Aggie2end
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
looking for where to donate...

[This message has been edited by Aggie2end (edited 9/12/2013 8:54p).]
Aggie2end
AG

[This message has been edited by Aggie2end (edited 9/12/2013 8:54p).]
tio
AG
Class of '99

This is one of many examples of why I love this university and community!
coastalaggie
AG
Amen JJonrs
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
Oldarmy, can you call me? Id like to run an idea by you, I still need to see if it will work on my end first though...
713-545-1077 Lee

Are you the one selling the tickets?
ChampsAg
Simply amazing what the Aggie Family can do. I did not see this thread until now. Is there anything that is still needed?
Biz Ag
AG
Damn Good Bull, everyone!
oldarmy1
AG
ChampsAgs - The ticket situation is taken care of and it morphed into a cash donation due to all of the excess from all the Ags.

So we are beyond the original intent or "need" and now it's a matter of what cash accompanies the ticket presentation.

Total donated $5225 Tickets $1000
Cash Balance $4225

I saw on the other site some chatter about having connections to CBS and I'm advising against that because I do not know her comfort level having her condition potentially broadcast to millions. That is not the point. There's going to be a bunch of people crowding around as it stands.
thats what I do
AG
I know Chris Field is trying to get CBS to give he and his son Famous some publicity if they want to direct them that way. Although Fox Sports is already doing something on them so CBS may not want to duplicate.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Oh my gosh. I left for a few hours and my allergies are just awful now! What amazing Ags we have!
wendymiller1969
I will chip in too.
oldarmy1
AG
$5278

I've been on the phone with Paypal knowing that I am going to need to cover the donation amount as it takes 2-3 business days for this to deposit in our account. That is no problem.

I am tied up much of the day tomorrow and then have a recording beginning at 7pm tomorrow evening. We will transfer whatever the balance is tomorrow at 2PM and $1000 will be taken in cash to pay for the tickets and a cashiers check for the balance made out to Shannon. Any donations that happen to come in after we clear the account will be sent using a separate check early next week.

Daniel - As the volunteer accountant on this - on Wednesday I am going to print off copies of the ledger, pictures of the two tickets and copy of the cashier check(s).

I'm sure that pictures and videos will start showing up as early as Saturday.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Following the progression of this story is why I am so happy to be an Aggie. RW&Bout, Nebraka'10, Gameday commercial, etc. Fighting as a single entity has phenomenal results.
aggiesq
AG
Awesome
CFTXAG10
AG
Great work Ags!
WildAg08
oldarmy1
AG
The Shipwreck Grill has offered a free dinner for Shannon, her husband and the 2 Ags (and their daughter) who are driving them down from McKinney.

Lost in all of this is the fantastic Ag who first gave up their weekend and told Shannon and her husband that they were going to fulfill her wish by driving them to CS for tailgating. These 3 people will not be attending the game but couldn't care less about that.

I'll tell you this. I want to win this game bad. I have been anxious as one could be but I have a completely different perspective and should the results on the field not meet the desires I can more easily accept it. My hope is that all of you share that feeling even as we yell our lungs out.

[This message has been edited by oldarmy1 (edited 9/12/2013 9:58p).]
oldarmy1
AG
$5305.58
oldarmy1
AG
"I can't believe what I am seeing and hearing! The Aggie spirit is so amazing! All we wanted to do was come down and tailgate with each other! You guys are going to make this family a special memory! I am trying to attach a story about what her school did for her last year. She was a French Teacher at RL Turner in Carrollton Texas. She had to resign over the summer.

Thanks again,

Scott Harris
txag2k
AG
quote:
I'll tell you this. I want to win this game bad. I have been anxious as one could be but I have a completely different perspective and should the results on the field not meet the desires I can more easily accept it. My hope is that all of you share that feeling even as we yell our lungs out.

well said!
Esteban du Plantier
AG
quote:
The Shipwreck Grill has offered a free dinner for Shannon, her husband and the 2 Ags (and their daughter) who are driving them down from McKinney.

Wade and Mary are fantastically nice. Just wonderful people. I'm so happy to hear they got involved.
oldarmy1
AG
$5358.58

I'm whipped. Heading to hit the shower and then off to bed. Will post update first thing in the morning.

God bless and good night all!
stonana
AG
OA1,

Not sure if it was posted, but were there instructions on payment? Is it just Paypal to your email address?
oldarmy1
AG
Last thing. Shannon's husband said he doesn't mind/care what anyone wants to do regarding the media. He said it's an amazing feel good story that needs to be shared as just more proof that the Aggie Spirit is like no other.

It's paypal to lakeconroetaylors@gmail.com Please make sure you click the option to make a transfer to family and friends. That way Paypal doesn't charge the fees from the donation.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I'm late to the party and I see tickets and other donations, etc. are covered..but what about the tailgate.

I gladly offer mine, we will have food to feed an army so thats no problem. Big crew of 40 or more and 4 tents in spence park very close to stadium. Mix of middle aged and young current students. Depending where seats are that they got that might be close if they are east side. You can also see and hear march in from there.

I can also offer to pick up anywhere in college station saturday morning and get them very near with parking pass in university center garage that I have so they don't need to walk far. Actually I might have a second garage pass I could just give them, but not sure yet.

Just PM me or email mchensel@gmail.com

There are likely bigger wilder tailgates, but we are close and convenient and easy nearby parking. Lots of good people including several aggie doctors.

Might even end up with some spare tickets for their friends bringing them down, we often end up with a couple here or there. If not we have a satellite dish and widescreen tv the friends can watch the game from. Plenty of chairs too.

Don't need to bring a Single thing, just show up. Near MSC too if anyone needs some last minute gear.

[This message has been edited by mchensel (edited 9/12/2013 10:38p).]
ShawnTxAg
AG
I love my Aggie famiky, we are, yall are amazing, I'm as manly as they come and I'm not afraid to admit I have tears in my eyes every time I check back on this thread.
fightinags2013
AG
This is just awesome
Chase
AG
Very late to the party but donated and the wife wants to know what tailgate we can find the family enjoying. She owns a bakery and is going to make them some game cookies.

Good bull right here!
sharman90
AG
This is what being an Aggie is all about! Love this story so much! So happy she gets to experience true Aggie spirit again!
cledus6150
maroon15
ShaggyAggie01
oldarmy1
AG
Add another $427.58 to the last total update for cuurent balance. I'm mobile and will update a little later.

Saw a request for the tailgate location and it's on the NW corner area of Olsen Field. Will post details as finalized, including presentation time.
PrincessButtercup
chosin
AG
Wow. Good job, Ags!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.