****NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championship 2023****

12,197 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by frenchtoast
shady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
triniaggie said:

Our anchor on the 4x100 went from about 2nd or 3rd after handoff to finish 6th.
Season best and still commendable

Imagine Asinga on anchor there and we most likely win that heat.

mullokmotx
AG
Aggie Track Twitter says the 4x400 team made the final. NCAA website shows 9 teams in the final. Maybe we were interfered with.
mullokag
TRM
AG
Top 9 make it.
fitzwatema
AG
Love all the updates! Thanks for posting them.
Quail
TRM said:

Top 9 make it.
I had to look it up!! There are 9 lanes at that Stadium. Guess I don't follow track like I used to!
Guest Commenter
right after whitmarsh ran i left the stadium and exited only to see Mpoke and what appeared to be a coach and trainer. They were at the corner of the MLK garage. I didn't hear the entire context nor conversation but he was looking perplexed and they were trying to reassure him. I heard her say to him, "don't worrry you still have time". To my understanding I thought he was out of eligibility last year until i heard about Auburn. So I assume that this was indeed his last year and that the conversation comment was probably the responding to his concern of maybe not being ready for World trials health or fitness wise for his home country. I know he ran 48s for us last year(3rd place - I think TRM?) and should've been a contender for a title this year but he decided, for whatever reason, to leave us for Auburn. A good kid but really sorry to see this happen to him. I didn't know he had several DNFs this year but it's over for him as far as NCAA glory.
Look Out Below
AG
Imagine Asinga on the end of that next year. Plus all four legs come back.
triniaggie
AG
The commentators never mentioned Mpoke name so I didn't even realized he was in the race. According to the results Mpoke was DQed R: 15.6-2b which means he did not hurdle each hurdle within lane. His situation reminded me of Tyra's situation where he graduated December and decided to go elsewhere with his remaining eligibility . In many cases going elsewhere doesn't always workout better. He is our 400m hurdles record holder with 48.70 from 2021 and also ran 48.84 for us last year. He has 6 times under 49 seconds for us. I just hope James Smith can break his record in the finals on Friday
I monitored all the Aggies who transferred out last couple of years and only Mpoke, Mustin and Bamadele made NCAA this year and only Bamadele with any significant drop in times. Zhane Smith, Aliu, Broome, Owens and others never did anything significant since transferring. Even Tyra is still struggling to make make a decent mark in both long and high jumps.
We have a good crop of sprinters and hurdlers now and once they stay healthy next year we can make some noise in the sprint and hurdles.
shady
AG
Look Out Below said:

Imagine Asinga on the end of that next year. Plus all four legs come back.

And it looks like the Ags might land UK WR transfer Jordan Anthony who is announcing tomorrow. Would be big since he wouldn't count against track scholarships.

He finished 2nd at both SEC and NCAAs indoors in the 60 and is only a freshman.
Look Out Below
AG
We could win the NCAA title in the 4x1 next year if that happens
mullokmotx
AG
Javelin is delayed tonight. It will be after the decathlon javelin which is just starting Flight 1.
mullokag
YaBoyBP
Had a chance to talk to Hankins/Schulman yesterday after their PBs!
triniaggie
AG
Kennedy Wade didn't run a good 3rd leg
shady
AG
triniaggie said:

Kennedy Wade didn't run a good 3rd leg

Let's hope she runs a better lead off on the 4x4 tonight.

At the west regional she put us in a huge hole and we were lucky to advance.
shady
AG
Neither Dickson or Killebrew advance in the 100. Killebrew actually ran the same time as the last time qualifier at 11.17 but other girl advanced when taken out to hundredths.

Covington doesn't advance in the 110h.

Both Arnold and Robinson Jones advance as the last and next to last time qualifiers in the 400m.
triniaggie
AG
Glad to see our Javelin throwers doing well and helping us make up some lost points.
Katelyn Fairchild - 190-2 (57.97m) and Lianna Davidson 189-4 (57.70m) in 2nd and 3rd.
triniaggie
AG
Lianna Davidson goes 192-10 (58.78) to move back into 2nd
triniaggie
AG
Aggies goes 2nd and 3rd in the Javelin for 14 points
TRM
AG
Guest Commenter said:

I know he ran 48s for us last year(3rd place - I think TRM?) and should've been a contender for a title this year but he decided, for whatever reason, to leave us for Auburn. A good kid but really sorry to see this happen to him. .
It was 4th in 2021. Last year, he didn't make the finals.
TRM
AG
Has to be a DQ on tu.
triniaggie
AG
Kennedy Wade again. She is just making us struggle. She is also fresh compared to other athletes who ran several races
shady
AG
triniaggie said:

Kennedy Wade again. She is just making us struggle. She is also fresh compared to other athletes who ran several races

Yep...we handed off in fifth place after her opening leg. Great work by Robinson Jones to get us back to 2nd after her leg but were just to far back of Arkansas. Finished with the 2nd fastest qualiqualifying time behind Arkansas after tu DQ.
triniaggie
AG
Anyone knows what happened in the women's long jump. Joniar Thomas initially placed 10th after the prelims which meant she didn't move on to the finals. After the finals there was a review and she placed 9th but she never had to opportunity for the 3 final jumps. She wasn't allowed to improve her standings and score for us.
gigem1966
Didn't Burr normally run the 3rd leg?
triniaggie
AG
Maybe Burr was injured. We had a couple of replacements over the season but Wade didn't looked good.
Look Out Below
AG
You are 100% correct. Massive screwup by the officials.
blommy
I would like to hear what Coach Henry has to say about the long jump. Is it possible Thomas passed on the final three jumps to save herself for the Heptathlon that starts today?
Guest Commenter
Burr had hamstring issue two days ago and Wade work on handoffs for 1 day.
Guest Commenter
would someone chime in about new point projections for A&M women after day 2
Look Out Below
AG
Barring injury, nobody is going to pass on the opportunity to score points for the team at nationals if given the chance.
mullokmotx
AG
Just passed by the results/ protest board and Coach Henry is protesting the long jump last night, asking that Joniar's 3 jumps tomorrow be applied to the long jump last night. The field scoreboard last night next to the pits did NOT show Joniar in the top 9. The javelin last night was tough on the throwers because the 10K was going on with the 24 runners spread out around the track and it was hard to find a window to throw in if the thrower started on the track. I think it was Davidson who quite obviously had to rush a throw on her 5th attempt I think.
mullokag
gigem1966
Jordan Anthony is signed!
Quail
What in the world has happened to Aggie and tu men in track?? Horrible meet for both.
taylorswift13
taylorswift13
AG
44.3 split for Emmanuel Bamidele to open the relay for Florida as they win the National Championship! After winning his 400 in a 44.24

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.