*****Official Dallas Stars 2022-2023 season thread*****

340,013 Views | 7844 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Legal Custodian
cr06gis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gassed.

Fun season capped with a very frustrating series.
BenFiasco14
AG
Suter contract needs to be looked at.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
ProudAg16
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Force him to retire. That contract is a nightmare.

All he cared about this post-season was beating Minnesota. Once that happened, he went back to the Suter of the regular season.
FWAppraiser
AG
He can be bought out and it will save over $2M the next 2 years. The problem is that there will be a $1.2M sunk cost for the next 4. But I have to think it's on the table.
beagle2009
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

I would trade his ass for an enchilada plate from El Fenix at this point
Tksymm7
AG
This is what I've seen as well. It's not a boatload of money, but you'd be paying him over four years, and in a super tight salary cap league that's not fun AT ALL. It helps that we'll have some young guys on minimums coming up.
FWAppraiser
AG
Yeah, that $1.2M in dead money would sting when it comes time for Otter and Robo's new deals.
PatAg
AG
Welp
Whirligigs
Hot garbage.
Danny Vermin
They just signed new deals and if he's bought out, it won't effect their new deals in 3 years.
aggiefan09
AG
I hate when announcers get stuck on one moniker the whole game. Really hate "the misfits"
PatAg
AG
aggiefan09 said:

I hate when announcers get stuck on one moniker the whole game. Really hate "the misfits"
its very annoying
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
This score could not be worse. Please score one.
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
FWAppraiser
AG
Yes it will. The buyout is spread over the next 4. Otter is only signed for 2 more, and Robo for 3.
Kashchei
AG
Crashing and burning
joshpettett
AG
I will be rooting for Florida harder than any team not my own next round.
I hate these Vegas fans
BenFiasco14
AG
Hard to imagine a worse way to go out. Getting your ass kicked at home. Smh. Crappy end to a fun season.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Out in Left Field
AG
See everyone next season
FWAppraiser
AG
Losing Game 4 would have been worse, but this is close 2nd.
FWAppraiser
AG
joshpettett said:

I hate these Vegas fans

I'm a little torn. I have an unhealthy hatred of Tkachuk. Guess I'll have to ignore that for a couple of weeks.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Horrible end to a really fun season. Hoping we can bounce back and finish it out the right way next year.
GrapevineAg
AG
Disappointing end to a great season.
Legal Custodian
AG
Well boys, just another 3.5 months till preseason.
Kashchei
AG
Miro needs help and Otter needs rest. Get to work, Nil.
ProudAg16
AG
Only positive from tonight is we don't have to sit through another ESPN broadcast. What a trash product they put out from the arena audio levels, to the play by play, to Emily Kaplan, to the intermission reports. Unbelievably bad.
ProudAg16
AG
Yep. We have a perfectly capable backup in Wedge, so hopefully they learn and take advantage of that more next season.

Defense is a much tougher project.
CoolAggie
AG
Finished in the top 4 so that's a very good season. Disappointed in the way it ended. The roster needs to be fine tuned. Don't care who wins Lord Stanley's Cup.

Looking forward to see what they can do with this core of young players. See y'all next season.
TV Casualty
AG
joshpettett said:

I hate these Vegas fans

Their fans talked a lot of crap at game 3. Making comments to Stars fans leaving after the game like "did you enjoy that game tonight".

Their fans were also really obnoxious at the game towards the end of the regular season. They were constantly talking down to the Stars as if they thought Vegas was an original 6 team or something.
Phat32
AG
TV Casualty said:

joshpettett said:

I hate these Vegas fans

Their fans talked a lot of crap at game 3. Making comments to Stars fans leaving after the game like "did you enjoy that game tonight".

Their fans were also really obnoxious at the game towards the end of the regular season. They were constantly talking down to the Stars as if they thought Vegas was an original 6 team or something.

New fans gonna new fan
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Been fun boys.
rather be fishing
AG
Man, that was a crap ending to the season.

You have to imagine there's gotta be new D and a new backup G on the roster for next year. As great of year as Benn had, when do you let him far into the background or leverage him for some prospects? Same goes for Seguin. Suter better be gone, and I hope it works out to secure Domi and Dadanov.

Wouldn't be sad to see Marchment and Miller gone. I'd include Hakanpaa and Lindell, but you can only guy the D so much.

See you boys in a few months.
South Platte
Can't imagine a more unappealing final series. When did the state of Florida become the hockey capital of North America? I doubt I'll watch.

Conference finals are great for any team, especially for one as young as our team. Hopefully we can get a veteran from TBL or a team that has won a cup. I need to go to a game next season.

PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Will not be mad if Suter and Seguin is gone. Also will not be mad if we pull some young talent for Benn.
FWAppraiser
AG
Rumor is that Otter was playing injured, and people are speculating that it happened either Round 1 or early Round 2. He had a pretty miserable series against Seattle and was only marginally better against Vegas. Even accounting for defensive play up front, his numbers were sub standard.

I think DeBoer did a phenomenal job with this team this season, but if he was rolling out an injured goalie without giving Wedgewood a chance, it would make me question some of his decision making.

Then again, it may all just be rumors and it was really just Otter being fatigued. We'll find out soon enough. Exit interviews are always crazy when injuries are finally disclosed.

FWAppraiser
AG
On a lighter note, the AAC is getting new seats this summer and this bad boy installed:

First Page Last Page
Page 218 of 225

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.