*****Official Dallas Stars 2022-2023 season thread*****

336,627 Views | 7844 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Legal Custodian
rynning
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigem1223 said:

Big game tomorrow night in Colorado. Avs coming off 2 nights rest and Stars on the 2nd night of a back to back.
I'd be interested to know what additional physical or psychological prep they do for consecutive games, if any.
rather be fishing
AG
So seeing lots of rumor about the yotes moving to Houston.
Tksymm7
AG
I think those are fake rumors. There are other cities before Houston that I believe would win out in a bid for the Coyotes or a new team as well.

I'll say this though; those players in Arizona deserve a whole hell of a lot more than what they are getting in terms of support from ownership, the city, and the NHL front office. It's disgusting what Arizona's players have had to go through for well over a decade. They are professional athletes, not some has-been minor leaguers. NHL needs to get their **** together because Arizona is a huge blemish on the league and brings their overall creditability down.
WyoAgg10
AG
It's April 1st, just a heads up for the other rumors you see today.
Colt.45
AG
Completely agreed. Would love to see Houston get the team to have a true regional rival. Real question: Is there enough hockey interest to support a team in Houston? At least Dallas has somewhat of a youth scene, not sure if that would work in Houston, despite population size.
rather be fishing
AG
Colt.45 said:

Completely agreed. Would love to see Houston get the team to have a true regional rival. Real question: Is there enough hockey interest to support a team in Houston? At least Dallas has somewhat of a youth scene, not sure if that would work in Houston, despite population size.

Houston burbs had a pretty decent hockey infrastructure. I know when I played at A&M we had to drive to NW Houston for practice.
Tksymm7
AG
How we playing fellas? At my first wedding anniversary.
Tksymm7
AG
Robo and Tyler kinda slick with it.

The guys are fighting really hard, but you can tell they are flat out exhausted. Really really hard spot to be put in. We have a **** schedule to end the season from a games in days perspective.
rather be fishing
AG
Oh look, Suter screwing something up.
Tksymm7
AG
That's such a brutal call. The Colorado guy Suter shoved had enough time to get himself out of the crease. I don't like that call.
rather be fishing
AG
Tksymm7 said:

That's such a brutal call. The Colorado guy Suter shoved had enough time to get himself out of the crease. I don't like that call.

Yeah, but realistically, likely prevented the goalie from covering the puck.
Out in Left Field
AG
Back to back schedule
Tksymm7
AG
This game blows. I think the guys played well all things considered. We just happened to play out biggest rival on the back end of a back-to-back where they got into Colorado at like 4 am last night.

That being said, man do we need another right shot d man who can play big minutes and Wedgewood to play two games this next week. There's not need to trash otter before the playoffs. Starting him back-to-back was stupid.
Grapesoda2525
We've had to play Colorado 3 times this year as the 2nd game in a back to back. The only time we played them rested, we crushed them.

Bull**** schedule and a bull**** call tonight
Tksymm7
AG
Wedgewood is back. BLESS! I'd be shocked if he didn't get the start tomorrow.
Tksymm7
AG
BIG NEWS BOYS! THOMAS HARLEY HAS BEEN RECALLED FROM THE TEXAS STARS!
Grapesoda2525
Tksymm7 said:

BIG NEWS BOYS! THOMAS HARLEY HAS BEEN RECALLED FROM THE TEXAS STARS!
Hanley or Harley? What's this all mean?
Tksymm7
AG
Thomas HARLEY, as in the 1st round pick from 2019. My guess is they are doing this for a multitude of reasons. Its the end of the season, the Stars are all but in the playoffs, so maybe they want to get a few guys a break over the next six games. So that is one idea that I think has some validity. It's also really obvious that our d corp has been poor for much of this season outside of the all-world Miro, both defensively and offensively, so calling up Harley introduces another legit puck moving d-man who can skate and pass at a high level. This will also allow us to put someone besides Suter on the second PP, thank god. Lastly, Hanley doesn't give us literally anything. He's the most useless 8-10 minutes on our entire team, and on the other hand even though Lundkvist does give us upside, they don't trust him to do anything so this call-up will allow us to have a d-man that gives us upside with very little if any downside because of the guys he's playing in place of.
ryanhnc10
AG
I'm excited to see Harley at the NHL level again. He's a big kid that can skate pretty well and he definitely improved this year in the AHL. Hopefully they give him some time on the power play
TV Casualty
AG

Definitely need him back out there. Hopefully he can get a couple games in before the playoffs.
TV Casualty
AG
How stupid did Suter have to be to not to realize that he was coming out of the penalty box?

Gave up a breakaway and thankfully Wedgwood bailed him out.

Might as well give Harley a chance on the second unit if that's the kind of play we are going to get from our "savvy" veteran defenseman.
Tksymm7
AG
Suter needs to be nowhere near the PP. He's not a bad passer in all honesty, but he's so incredibly slow, it's a massive liability. We also really need another right shot on the second PP. Suter on his opposite side scares me so much.
HockeyAg07
AG
I like when miller is a bit of a loose cannon from the right point. Seems he was a lot more liberal with his shot earlier in the season. Let 'em fly.
Tksymm7
AG
I'd like to see him above Suter on the second PP. Harley wont see any time because we don't' trust young guys.
ryanhnc10
AG
Dellandrea is a rag doll. He takes a bunch of big hits and sticks to the face
Tksymm7
AG
Delly is Dickinson 2.0
rather be fishing
AG
Roboooo
rather be fishing
AG
Trashville doing trashville things. Screw fabbro
beagle2009
AG
One hundo for Robo!!!
Tksymm7
AG
Kashchei
AG
1R0b0
TV Casualty
AG
They are going to have to do a 100 point bobble head for Robo next year.

What a year for Robo.
beagle2009
AG
Oops, wrong thread.
Kashchei
AG
Good game by Wedgie. A win and rest for Otter.

Oh, and playoffs
The Pilot
AG
Wild lost in OT too.
First Page Last Page
Page 79 of 225

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.