*****Official Dallas Stars 2022-2023 season thread*****

340,087 Views | 7844 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Legal Custodian
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tksymm7 said:

1. Thatcher Demko completely owns us. He's 6-0 against us and is other worldly every time he takes the ice against victory green.

2. Vancouver has a plethora of young and fast guys, not even considering Petterson or Hughes. They skate circles around us literally and figuratively, and teams that can get up and down the ice give us so much trouble.

3. Tocchet has them playing like a playoff team since he's been there. They're still elite offensively, but have really bolted down on defense. I think if they would've hired Tocchet earlier they might actually be in the playoffs.
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I guess we'd better hope demko stays in Vancouver or better yet signs with an eastern conference team.
Tksymm7
AG
If the stars want any chance at winning the division, these next two games are must wins. With the way everyone is playing around them, they can't drop games at tanking for Bedard Chicago and Arizona.
The Pilot
AG
Big week for the division:

Wed - MIN @ COL. MIN has a hell of a 5 game stretch (Seattle, @ Colorado, @ Vegas, Vegas, @ Pittsburgh)

Sat - DAL @ COL.
Tksymm7
AG
The Pilot said:

Big week for the division:

Wed - MIN @ COL. MIN has a hell of a 5 game stretch (Seattle, @ Colorado, @ Vegas, Vegas, @ Pittsburgh)

Sat - DAL @ COL.

Make or break week in my eyes. I think we need at least 5 points from these three upcoming games if we want a chance, but in all honesty they might need all 6.
Tksymm7
AG

They've punted on the second PP unit.
rather be fishing
AG
At some point you have to come to the realization that Nill is at fault.
Tksymm7
AG
Colorado and Minnesota both won yesterday, so the next two games are even more must wins than they were. To address your point about blaming Jim Nill; I think he's done a pretty great job overall. He's drafted better than maybe anyone in the league, he's a master at the salary cap/getting good deals done on behalf of the team, and has this team set-up for the next five to ten years. THAT BEING SAID, I do think he needs to start feeling the heat for his decisions on signing Suter, Glendening, Hakanpaa, Faksa, etc. and not calling up the young guys that need to be called up. What's the point of drafting these young stud players if you won't give them a chance and sign some old guy instead who's going to take up unnecessary cap?!?!?

There's simply no excuse for the Stars roster going into next year to not include Bourque, Harley, and Stankoven. Absolutely none. Make the moves necessary to insure that you can play the guys who can take you to the next level!
Grapesoda2525
Yeah………I'd go a step further and say we need 5 out of 6 points on this road trip total or it's a massive failure. Preferably we win in Colorado outright and leave them with no points.
ryanhnc10
AG
Playoffs are sometimes different, but I'm not sure I care if we have home ice advantage. We seem to play better on the road for some reason
twilly
AG
Kind of a lackluster game, but Stars up 2-0 1st int.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
rather be fishing
AG
Lackluster but only allowed 5 SOG through half the game. I'll take it.
twilly
AG
Hawks goalie got booted for shooting off his mouth

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Tksymm7
AG
Poor Delly. Was out of his weight class with that one.
Grapesoda2525
Boring game honestly, but it's 2 points.
sburg2007
I will take all the boring two point games we can get right now!
Tksymm7
AG
Very much a "bleh" game, but the two points are taken and that is all that matters. I actually thought they were connected pretty well last night in terms of their team defense, but offensively it wasn't a work of art.
FWAppraiser
AG
I feel like last night was by design. Get back to playing sound defense and don't take many risks. Knowing full well that Chicago wasn't going to put up much of a fight. I'd be surprised if the game against the Coyotes doesn't look similar. This team needed a reset before this final stretch, and luckily the schedule had two opponents trying pretty hard to tank.
FTAco07
AG
Who do we want to win tonight? Obviously worst case scenario is overtime and both get points.
The Pilot
AG
GoAvsGo
Tksymm7
AG
Minnesota just keeps winning
Tksymm7
AG
Another absolute must win and dominate tonight. Everyone around the Stars seems to be firing on all cylinders, and we cannot afford the L.
Tksymm7
AG
Apologies for spam posting, but I wanted to mention something that I have been thinking about. Idk about y'all, but I have been pretty disappointed with Jason Robertson's second half. He's still been productive don't get me wrong, but after the all-star break I thought he was going to blow by 100 points and right now I don't know if he'll get there. He's still got 8 games to do it and he might, but it doesn't feel like he's asserting his dominance on games like he was during the first half. I assume he and much of the team is simply just exhausted at this point of the season, but I would really like them and Robo to get hot and assert their dominance on games going into the post-season.
beagle2009
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Apologies for spam posting, but I wanted to mention something that I have been thinking about. Idk about y'all, but I have been pretty disappointed with Jason Robertson's second half. He's still been productive don't get me wrong, but after the all-star break I thought he was going to blow by 100 points and right now I don't know if he'll get there. He's still got 8 games to do it and he might, but it doesn't feel like he's asserting his dominance on games like he was during the first half. I assume he and much of the team is simply just exhausted at this point of the season, but I would really like them and Robo to get hot and assert their dominance on games going into the post-season.

I agree with this and, other than Otter, haven't seen anyone on this team separate themselves as someone who can consistently be a difference maker / take over a game. Robo sure seemed to be the driving force at the start of the year, and we need him to return to form to make any kind of noise in the postseason.
The Pilot
AG
Back to back?

Tksymm7
AG
Don't love that, unless they are expecting Arizona to just flat out lay down and make the game tonight a cake walk.
Out in Left Field
AG
An ass goal!
Tksymm7
AG
Disgusting
gigem1223
Not sure what's worse, the coyotes jerseys or the Stars play so far.
rather be fishing
AG
Robo, sick.
Ag 11
AG
A freakin ripper by Robo for his 100th goal
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
Bennisance.
gigem1223
Dalton Hughes said:

Bennisance.

So weird I just came here to post the Bennaissance continues
Danny Vermin
Workman like performance and 2 points but tomorrow is the big one.
gigem1223
Big game tomorrow night in Colorado. Avs coming off 2 nights rest and Stars on the 2nd night of a back to back.
Grapesoda2525
Circumstances aren't great. Would be nice to get 1 point somehow and get out of there.
First Page Last Page
Page 78 of 225

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.