Womens Tennis 2023

234,246 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Chapa96
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Georgia beat Tennessee 4-1 recently.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
bigtimeag1977
23 straight SEC wins. 47 straight outdoor matches won. That is insane!
aggiedrjdub
AG
We need all Aggies on deck for both matches (Tennesse and Georgia) this weekend. The doubles point will be crucial in both matches. How will the young guns handle this type of pressure? My prediction? On Sunday, we have to win the doubles point and pick up wins at 4, 5, 6 to seal the deal. But, this is tennis and anything can happen on any given day. BTHOtennessee and then BTELHOgeorgia! Gig'em!
taylorswift13
AG
Big time tennis recruit commits to the Aggies! Lexington Reed, the number 11 player in the class of 2024 from Orlando, Florida!

https://www.tennisrecruiting.net/player.asp?id=835529

https://instagr.am/p/CqTTjMIggJG
Aggie Tennis
AG
Great recruit!

For those that follow UTR, she is rated a little ahead of Gianna and little behind Daria and Jeanette.

Not bad for a junior in high school!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Nice pickup for coach weaver and staff!
Chapa96
AG
NICE!!! Reloading. I wasnt going to ask till after we win it all this year, but what are we bringing in for next year after losing Jayci, Salma and I assume Carson? I hear about the Russian but that is all I have heard about.
Ag4eva95
I was looking at it. There are two girls I think we have a shot. The Russian girl and also a girl from Peru. Not based on anything factual, just what I've seen on Instagram. She's the number #7 ITF junior in the world….. would be a huge get for next year if so
Ag4eva95
She's already had a win against top 35 itf junior Kayla Cross, a Vanderbilt signee. Looking at her pro results, she's going to be exciting to watch!
bigtimeag1977
I've heard the girl from Peru is coming along with the girl from Russia. Not sure why there hasn't been a release though. Not sure about the third spot.
Ag4eva95
Well that's ****ing exciting! They are going to join right into the starting lineup. If Carson returns, then you will have 4 girls fighting it out for 2 spots. Jeanette(who I think has more than proved her worth), Gianna(who has the energy of a warrior), Russian girl, Peruvian girl. Obviously it's way too early to discuss the 2024 team, but one can dream!

Anyone else headed out to the matches this weekend? This weekend will determine the assumed SEC champion!
aggiedrjdub
AG
I'm not going to assume we will lose Carson. I hope and pray she will be back. This will be an addition to an already loaded line up.
Chapa96
AG
cbmik95 said:

Well that's ****ing exciting! They are going to join right into the starting lineup. If Carson returns, then you will have 4 girls fighting it out for 2 spots. Jeanette(who I think has more than proved her worth), Gianna(who has the energy of a warrior), Russian girl, Peruvian girl. Obviously it's way too early to discuss the 2024 team, but one can dream!

Anyone else headed out to the matches this weekend? This weekend will determine the assumed SEC champion!

Driving from DFW area Sun morning for GA match. Then onto Austin afterwards for work in the area on Mon morning.
Aggie Tennis
AG
No surprises but holding steady at #2.

Big matches against #4 Georgia and #14 Tennessee will go a long way to determining the SEC champion.

Anchorhold
I am hoping to make it at least on Friday. Not sure I'll be there in time to tailgate.

NEW BS RANKINGS
1. North Carolina (for now)
2. TAMC
3. Pepperdine jumps from #5 thanks to beating #21 Oklahoma & #52 Loyola Marymount - Not making it to Indoor Championships in Washington and some weather cancelled matches against OSU, Cal, and Stanford is also benefitting them so far. Current record of 10-2
4. Georgia holds steady
5. Michigan drops from #3 thanks florida
6. Ohio State
7. NC State
8. Duke
9. t.u. - beat Iowa State. Best remaining match against NC State April 10th. Benefitting so far for not playing a single SEC team until they lose in the playoffs.
10. Iowa State
11. Miami would be great to get one win against North Carolina or Duke this weekend
12. Virginia
13. Auburn Lost to TAMC
14. Tennessee dropped from #12 with a loss to Georgia
15. Stanford
16. Florida
Anchorhold
Mary is the SEC Player of the week again. If it happens twice in Aggieland it's a tradition... if I happens four times before April it's what?

Quote:

Stoiana is tied for second in total dual match singles wins in the conference with 13, while boasting an eight-match win streak. Stoiana also extends her perfect dual match doubles record on the season which now stands at 11-0 split between two different partners, her 11-match doubles win streak leads all opponents in the conference.

https://www.secsports.com/article/35993576/mar-29
taylorswift13
AG
Is it weird i kinda missed seeing this guys posts and flagging them
Anchorhold
Signem
Not so fast my Aggie tennis guru friend. Carson isn't going anywhere. She's staying right here and will work through whatever she has to work through. This is coming from a VERY reliable source. She's found her home. She's walking away with multiple SEC championship rings, and her Aggie ring.
Chapa96
AG
Signem said:

Not so fast my Aggie tennis guru friend. Carson isn't going anywhere. She's staying right here and will work through whatever she has to work through. This is coming from a VERY reliable source. She's found her home. She's walking away with multiple SEC championship rings, and her Aggie ring.
I'm glad to be corrected!!!!!!
Anchorhold
Insomnia Induced Incoherant Ramblings:

SEC Player of the Week:
Orange-Daria Kuczer Feb 8
Elza Tomase March 15
Rebeka Mertena March 22
Mary Stoiana Feb 1
Mary Stoiana March 1
Mary Stoina March 8
Mary Stoiana March 29

PROJECTED SINGLES LINEUP:
Rebeka Mertena 5th
Elza Tomase So.
Daria Kuczer 5th
Catherine Aulia Fr OR Eleonora Molinaro Jr
Lauren Anzalotta Jr
Esther Adeshina Jr

Lineup Questions for the Vols:
Which Latvian will play #1 & #2? Rebeka Mertena (5th year) and Elza Tomase (So.) are from the same city and high school in Latvia and play #1 doubles together, but have been switching the top two spots in singles a lot.
Will Eleonora Molinaro play singles? She hasn't played more than one singles match in a week since mid-February, but with LSU up next for them I expect to see her play today.

We've tried Goldsmith vs Goldsmith and Mia vs Mia x2 so far with no singles head to head matches. Will we see Good Daria vs orange Daria? No. Orange Daria playing court #3 is the most consistant thing about their lineup. Why do I keep trying to make this a thing? Obviously I have too much time on my hands.

NOTABLE COMMON OPPONENTS:
Ohio State
Vols: L 2-4
Ags: W 4-0, W 5-2

Georgia:
Vols: L 1-4
Ags: W 5-2*

*Future result has not technically happened yet.

From the Tennessee AD Preview:
ALL-TIME SERIES
Texas A&M leads the all-time series with Tennessee, 11-7. The Aggies are 6-3 against the Lady Vols in College Station. Tennessee has not won at Texas A&M since 1996.
Ag4eva95
Anyone see what happened to Mia???
aggiedrjdub
AG
No. I'm traveling. What's going on?
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

No. I'm traveling. What's going on?
Doubles point is ours!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Doubles is ours! Gig'em!
aggiedrjdub
AG
I just logged on in time. Keep us posted!
Ag4eva95
She went down with some sort of injury. Trainers came out and stopped the match. Can't tell what happened, assuming a reactivated ankle injury
aggiedrjdub
AG
Is she done for the day?
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Is she done for the day?
Doesnt appear so. She is on court.
Harry Dunne
VERY strong doubles at 1 & 3. Happy to see 3 doubles come out strong.
Ag4eva95
Very promising. Daria has been so great to see in doubles. Breath of fresh air
Chapa96
AG
cbmik95 said:

Very promising. Daria has been so great to see in doubles. Breath of fresh air
And already up 3-0 in singles!
Ag4eva95
I think her playing doubles fuels her in singles!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Need strong second sets from 2 and 3.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Getting a little dicey on 2, 3, 4, and 6.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.