High School Volleyball season

3,287 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MsDoubleD81
Jack Pearson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't see any other posts on the current high school season. Looks like College Station and AMC look like contenders in 5a in region 3. What is everyone else seeing?

Wicked Good Ag
In that class and region

College station
Lake creek
Brenham
Barbers hill
Fulshear
Friendswood
Consol
Manvel

All are the ones to look out for. After those there a few others but I would expect those to be the teams that could make a run.

Wicked Good Ag
we can add Magnolia to the list after almost beating CS at CS in five

Jack Pearson
AG
Which regions or areas of the state tend to be stronger than the others? I know in 6a it was an all houston final last but doesnt it normally seem the Dallas area is the strongest?

wangus12
AG
I'd say in my experience, Dallas is the strongest usually.

My wife coaches vball at Lucas Lovejoy who've won the last 2 state titles in 5A and 8 of the last 14.

They're gonna have a little bit of down (which is usually a final four appearance) year because the head coach abruptly left to run his own club and coach at a private school. They now have a 1st year head coach running things although she has experience.
Wicked Good Ag
wangus12 said:

I'd say in my experience, Dallas is the strongest usually.

My wife coaches vball at Lucas Lovejoy who've won the last 2 state titles in 5A and 8 of the last 14.

They're gonna have a little bit of down (which is usually a final four appearance) year because the head coach abruptly left to run his own club and coach at a private school. They now have a 1st year head coach running things although she has experience.
While Mitchell leaving was a shock to many I dont think he abruptly left since he let them know even before last school year ended.

Lovejoy is still really good just not dominiating like they have been for years.

as for the Brazos Valley area

College Station and Consol along with Brenham should go deep into playoffs as long as they dont end up the four seed in district...if they do Lake Creek will be a tough first round matchup

Bremond may win 2a this year.... leon and Iola might have something to say about that in our area and crawford is the team to beat

our other usual stud teams like Caldwell are having a down year. Rockdale looks much improved and could open some peoples eyes depending on the path in playoffs. Thier games against Lexington should decide the district title, they have lost some games that i would have expected them to win but they have the potential to play well . Anderson also in 3A could do well.
Jack Pearson
AG
I am curious how Anderson and Hardin matchup this year in 3a, Hardin returns their entire team.

What is the general thought on 5a vs 6a? Is there that much difference in the top 5a schools vs top 6a schools?

Does it really drop off after 4a?
wangus12
AG
I guess I did word it wrong. It wasn't like right before the season or anything, but everyone was still very surprised. Watching the politics that have unfolded there over the last several years in the volleyball program has been incredibly frustrating. Lots of broken relationships there.
Wicked Good Ag
College Station was able to take Consol in five on Tuesday

Brenham lost to Consol the previous Friday

Now College Station takes on Brenham this Friday

These matches are for district championship and seeding purposes for playoffs. Magnolia has the lead on the final spot in playoffs

The following teams can play with any of the four teams that make it out of this top heavy very tough district to resprsent the region at state

Pfl Hendricksen
Barbers Hill
Friendswood
Fulshar (a huge amount of talent isnt playing and TAMU libero commit is having to set)
Lake Creek

Caldwell was able to beat Rockdale in five on Tuesday putting them slightly ahead to likely finsih second behind Lexington although Rodgers may jump up as well

In the stronger 2a/1a district five teams will battle for four spots

Iola and Leon likely one and two but Centerville Normangee and Mumford will battle for the last two playoff spots

Brazos Christian should go deep in TAPPS this season after back to back regional championship games the previous two years

Bremond is a state chapion contender in 2A but is in same region as Crawford
Jack Pearson
AG
https://twitter.com/texasvbi/status/1442926302420291591/photo/1

Last state polls, looks like CS took a dip
Wicked Good Ag
Fun one tonight at Brazos Christian they lost in five to Rosehill but the atmoshere was great and well played between the teams

Wicked Good Ag
District finishes

1. College Station
2. (Tie) A&M Consolidated and Brenham
4. Magnolia.

Magnolia will play Lake Creek in first round of playoffs which will be one of the better first round matches I would think

Consol is playing a warm up match against Dripping Springs and College Station plays College Park in a warm up as well.

Jack Pearson
AG
Is there a complete bracket somewhere posted? Maxpreps isnt updated it doesnt look like.
taylorswift13
AG
Here you go, it has every classification and region! https://www.uiltexas.org/volleyball/playoff-brackets
Jack Pearson
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Here you go, it has every classification and region! https://www.uiltexas.org/volleyball/playoff-brackets
Haha thanks but it pulls from maxpreps as well...its only half way filled out from what I can tell for 5A region 3.
Wicked Good Ag
District certification doesn't end until Saturday.

Teams still have to playoff

Consol and Brenham tied for second but decided to flip so Brenham took second in the district and Consol took third seed
Wicked Good Ag
Wicked Good Ag said:

In that class and region

College station
Lake creek
Brenham
Barbers hill
Fulshear
Friendswood
Consol
Manvel

All are the ones to look out for. After those there a few others but I would expect those to be the teams that could make a run.

Those 8 above will likely be the final 8 in region 3 with exception of brenham losing to Hendrickson who i said later in the thread was another team to watch

consol plays tomorrow but is heavily favored
MsDoubleD81
AG
College Station defeated Lake Creek in 5 tonight. Looks like they play Fulshear on Friday in Regional Semi.

https://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/OXWcc-RMEeuAzqREozo6lw/-zThUeRMEeuAzqREozo6lw/volleyball-fall-21/2021-uil-texas-volleyball-state-championships-2021-volleyball-5a-regions-3-and-4.htm
Aggie02
AG
I think Fulshear has a player committed to the aggies.
Jack Pearson
AG
Fulshear's Ava Underwood is signed with A&M.

That will be a great match between them and College Station.

Manvel got by Barbers Hill to set up a match with Hendricksen .

Not sure who'd I take out of those 4 but probably Fulshear.
UhOhNoAgTag
College Station took care of Fulshear.in 5 tonight. Play for regional championship tomorrow.
Jack Pearson
AG
The Manvel anthem kneelers knocks off Barbers Hill, Hendricksen and College Station to make it to state.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Yep. That was disgusting.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.