Texas A&M Lacrosse

817 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dr.Rumack
pdaddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
9-8 win vs LSU. WHOOP!!
PDaddy
rugger74
AG
Always happy for our club teams/ rec sports to do well. Perhaps more funds can be allocated someday to provide better facilities etal to support true student athletics. I know who supports all activities ( football ) but with SEC money maybe we can grow more for the clubs.
taylorswift13
AG
Awesome, as a complete outsider to the sport. Can you explain (educate me) on the competition layout; like who we play, who's in our region, and how does a post season tournament occur. Sorry for being blind to this, just want to educate myself!
Aggiebeast1222
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Awesome, as a complete outsider to the sport. Can you explain (educate me) on the competition layout; like who we play, who's in our region, and how does a post season tournament occur. Sorry for being blind to this, just want to educate myself!
A&M plays in the Mens Collegiate Lacrosse Association (MCLA) which is basically their NCAA and they are in the Lone Star Alliance Conference (LSA) which includes Texas A&M, LSU, Arkansas, TCU, SMU, Texas State, and Texas Tech. Texas and Oklahoma used to be in this conference but they left a few years back for the Rocky Mountain Conference because they couldn't beat A&M lol. A&M this year is playing a shortened season but usually they play teams in the conference, plus Texas and other teams around the country. They have a conference tournament and the winner of the conference tournament gets an Auto Bid to the National Tournament, which a 16 team tournament with 9 auto bids and 7 at large bids for the tournament. A&M is usually pretty good so it is fun to keep up with.
pdaddy
AG
Thanks for the clarification papajr!
PDaddy
oragator
We started a women's team in 2010. At the time I think we were hoping more southern schools would eventually pick it up, but it hasn't happened. Still just us and Vandy from the SEC. We have played in three different conferences in 10 years. At one point we were with largely big 10 teams, then we were in the big East, now we're in a hodgepodge of a league.
Boats and Hose
AG
Florida also has a women's team. Both them and Vandy are NCAA whereas our women's team is club.
Dr.Rumack
Who pays the travel expenses? Back in the day playing club soccer we had to pay for the van/gas. Good times!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.