Track Question: James Smith II

1,760 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Look Out Below
Sugarwater
How long do you want to ignore this user?

From the front page, James Smith II transferred to A&M. Does anyone know if he is eligible this coming season? I assume - outside of the new transfer rule being passed - that he has to sit out a season. Also, it looks like he'll be able to compete for 2 seasons for us. Can anyone confirm this?

This is a good pickup for us! Welcome to Aggieland and Gig 'Em, James!

Do you want to sell sugar water the rest of your life or change the world?
tk for tu juan
Dropped a second in the 400 from his fresh to soph year. Since the outdoor season was canceled, he should have 3 years of eligibility left and start right away. Nice pick up
Look Out Below
AG
I believe the only people required to sit out a season are those who transferred from one SEC school to another (Carlton Orange, for example) or those whose head coach at the program they are leaving refuse to sign off on the transfer.

I doubt that we'd take transfers in from outside the conference if they weren't immediately eligible. I can't think of one transfer athlete that we've had recently that wasn't immediately eligible other than Orange.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.