***** Official Dallas Stars 2019-2020 season thread*****

280,539 Views | 6143 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Roll the Bones
TV Casualty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Absolute crapfest out on the ice tonight. The blues are just pushing the stars around all over the ice. They have been living right in front of our net.
Ag 11
AG
I hate the freakin blues
Grapesoda2525
The team dropped a giant deuce on the ice tonight.

Could it be that the difficult February schedule is finally catching up to them?

sburg2007
Any of y'all go last night? Im looking for the bobblehead give away and don't really want to pay the ridiculous eBay prices.
GrapevineAg
AG
40 years ago today, a group of college kids beat the best hockey team the world had ever seen. U-S-A!
WSCTR
Danny Vermin
Not sure if they still have some but the Kroger on mockingbird and Greenville had them today.
sburg2007
Dang. Wish I still lived on that side of metroplex. Thanks for the info.
TV Casualty
AG
I'm seeing tons of fake winter classic jerseys at the games now. I've been seeing them on tv at away games as well.

When are the Stars going to realize that these things are a huge hit and start ordering them again? They could sell loads more jerseys and shirts.

They look really good on TV too. It would be a shame if last night was the last time they wore them.
sburg2007
I think folks will still buy the fakes. $150 is a hard pill to swallow compared to $40 straight from China. My only hold up has been sizing.
TV Casualty
AG
sburg2007 said:

I think folks will still buy the fakes. $150 is a hard pill to swallow compared to $40 straight from China. My only hold up has been sizing.

People can buy fakes of the regular Stars jersey yet the vast majority choose to buy either a fanatics or addidas.

The problem with the winter classic jersey is that they sold out in a couple of days and never really got a significant amount restocked. Many people never got the opportunity to buy one.

Saw plenty of people buying jerseys last night at the game. If there were any winter classic Seguin, Benn, Miro, or Hintz jerseys there then they would have been flying off the racks.
sburg2007
The hangar is the last place I'd buy one. 50% mark up probably, but then again I'm a lowly college athletics groundskeeper poor.
TV Casualty
AG
sburg2007 said:

The hangar is the last place I'd buy one. 50% mark up probably, but then again I'm a lowly college athletics groundskeeper poor.

The Adidas jersey is the same price everywhere. You might be able to get a coupon code at cool hockey or ice jerseys, but that's about it.

I agree that the prices have gone crazy and that is driving some of the fake jersey demand. I do think that $170 for the fanatics is way overpriced. At least with those you can wait for a nhl.com coupon code and get one for $135. The authentic addidas ones are rarely on sale.
sburg2007
Agree 100% on the fanatics take. They've pretty much got a monopoly on the online store market for all pro sports leagues. Wish I got a Reebok when NHL made the switch.
Kashchei
AG
I really like the white All Star jersey from this year (despite the STL affiliation). So sharp. Even those were $195 at The Hangar. Maybe they'll be reduced after the season...
TV Casualty
AG
Kashchei said:

I really like the white All Star jersey from this year (despite the STL affiliation). So sharp. Even those were $195 at The Hangar. Maybe they'll be reduced after the season...

Those were 30% off last night at the hangar. They had one rack of the gray and white each on the floor.
Kashchei
AG
I guess that is the one bad result of not being at the game last night
Legal Custodian
AG
Cool moment for the Canes tonight. Both goalies got hurt and they had to call in the emergency goalie from the crowd who is a 42 yr old Zamboni driver. He ended up giving up goals on the first two shots he faced and then stopped the next eight to earn the win. Very cool story
dave94
AG
So awesome! It looked like the Leafs fans gave him some love even though they lost
Danny Vermin
Perry with the amazing assist.
oragator
Story on the zamboni guy.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/28761372/zamboni-driver-42-stars-emergency-goalie-hurricanes
Grapesoda2525
oragator said:

Story on the zamboni guy.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/28761372/zamboni-driver-42-stars-emergency-goalie-hurricanes
I wish he would play when the stars come to town.
Ag 11
AG
Good win today
FWAppraiser
AG
Joe Thornton still in play. Nill is apparently trying to make a deal work, and Dallas is a team Jumbo Joe has agreed to waive his NTC for. 30 minutes to go...

Welp. Nevermind. Looks like that fell through. Carry on.
twilly
AG
Stars have traded D Emil Djuse to Florida for a 2020 6th rd pick. Djuse was the leading point D man for the Texas Stars.

This move doesn't makes sense...unless...

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
FWAppraiser
AG
Yeah. Unless he requested a trade, I don't see why Dallas would do this without having another move in mind.
Legal Custodian
AG
1 minute to deadline time. Doesn't sound like we did anything. Which I'm completely fine with as the only thing I might have wanted was a hard hitting, slap-shot taking Defenseman. But we got one of those when Johns came back.
Out in Left Field
AG
Carolina better get on the phone with David Ayres stat
Danny Vermin
Nice start as they seem to appreciate Nill not moving anyone.
Kashchei
AG
3 beauts
GrapevineAg
AG
Poor clear in the period of the long change.
WSCTR
Legal Custodian
AG
Wow, should have been a penalty shot for Hintz there. Don't know how they don't call that
GrapevineAg
AG
Yeah, agreed. It might actually be more advantageous for us to get a PP instead of a PS though.
WSCTR
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
GrapevineAg said:

Yeah, agreed. It might actually be more advantageous for us to get a PP instead of a PS though.
Only if Janmark was shooting.
Out in Left Field
AG
Good win!
Kashchei
AG
Jekyll and Hyde team...
First Page Last Page
Page 36 of 176

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.