Vince Anderson

4,870 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GNR1
halco87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vince Anderson
TRM
AG
Good man and coach.
Serious Lee
anyone know the details? i was told long time ago he was the best in the business
oklaunion
My guess is that Pat is tired of not getting significant points in the hurdles and short sprints. But if you told me a coach was getting let go, I would have lost money with it being him.
coldmoose
Hadn't any more that what was in Coach Henry's comments. Will be interesting to see what comes next.

Sprints at UH and LSU, and the rise of Texas Tech's program is posing some significant challenges.
TRM
AG
Walt Luddiger said:

anyone know the details? i was told long time ago he was the best in the business

No inside knowledge but I'd guess it was a combination of things - age(60s), recruiting (no social media accounts), scholarship distribution, etc.
SA68AG
AG
I'd guess Henry wants a younger and more energetic recruiter for the sprints and hurdles.
dlbarnes76
AG
I've no doubt from what I've read that coach Anderson is a good guy and knows how to coach sprints, hurdles etc., but we have not had any luck getting in on any the better sprinters, male or female, for several years. It hasn't been that long ago we had top men's and women's 4x100 relay teams every year and individuals that scored in the 100 & 200 nationally. Hopefully coach Henry can bring in someone that can help turn this situation around. We all thought the lack of an outdoor facility was the only thing holding us back. We've got that now so we need to move forward and get back on track, so to speak!
DLB76
dlbarnes76
AG
Any word on a replacement for Vince Anderson? Would think they would need to get someone on board to start recruiting as soon as possible.
DLB76
TRM
AG
ed: wrong coach
dlbarnes76
AG
Thanks!
DLB76
triniaggie
AG
It seems that after a two months search they are unable to find a suitable candidate for the coach of the women's sprint and hurdles group. Classes would be starting pretty soon
An advertisement for the job has been posted again today 10th August 2019

https://www.higheredjobs.com/admin/details.cfm?JobCode=177064364&Title=Assistant%20Track%20%26%20Field%20Coach
Look Out Below
AG
There doesn't seem to be an assistant coaching job listed on the Texas A&M website. Maybe they just haven't announced the hire yet?
TRM
AG
It was there yesterday or the day before. The original job posting was in July. My guess is they canceled it then reposted it over the weekend, so they could have the go on with a 1-person hiring pool. Sound right to y'all?
Lemmys Rickenbacker
texaggierm said:

It was there yesterday or the day before. The original job posting was in July. My guess is they canceled it then reposted it over the weekend, so they could have the go on with a 1-person hiring pool. Sound right to y'all?
Yes, it looks like a hire has/had been made, just not announced yet.
aggiepe
There is also some speculation that the new coach could be Lennox Graham assistant sprint and hurdles coach at Clemson. There are also other names being speculated at this time from the ACC conference.
Graham is presently the coach of Jamaican 100m hurdle record holder (12.32) Danielle Williams.
If it is indeed coach Graham it would a great addition. He would be a great recruiter especially for sprint and hurdlers from Jamaica being Jamaican.
It could be anyone's guess at this time who the new coach is going to be.
halco87
Brandon Hon
GNR1
Friday, August 16, 2019
Texas A&M Hires Brandon Hon as Track and Field Assistant Coach

Texas A&M head coach Pat Henry announced the hiring of Brandon Hon as an assistant coach for the Aggie track and field program. Hon previously served as an assistant coach with Florida State University for the past six years.

"I'm excited to add Brandon Hon to our staff," said Henry. "He gets along well with the existing staff. During the process of hiring a new assistant coach, each applicant sat down with my staff and Brandon made a very good impression.

"He has years of experience with recruiting and specifically in the sprint and hurdle disciplines. I look forward to him joining our staff."

In the past four seasons with the Seminoles, Hon has been Director of Sprints, Hurdles and Relays. His core group of athletes, which includes women's sprinters and all hurdlers, have been instrumental in delivering Florida State 12 ACC team titles, with seven conference titles for the men and five for the women.

"I'm honored to be entrusted by Pat Henry and Texas A&M University with the opportunity to contribute to one of the most prestigious programs in collegiate athletics," said Hon. "It's with great excitement that I begin coaching and mentoring an amazing group of student-athletes as well as working alongside an exceptional staff of coaches that instantly made me feel at home."

Within his time as an assistant coach at Florida State, the women's program has produced five top-20 NCAA Outdoor Championship finishes, including their second top-10 finish in 2019. Athletes coached by Hon have generated 30 All-Americans with 19 first-team honors, 16 ACC event champions, six program records and three ACC records.

Coaching accolades for Hon include the USTFCCCA South Region Women's Indoor Assistant Coach of the Year in 2018 and 2019.

"Coach Henry's established culture, team philosophy and rich Aggie tradition are what makes Texas A&M a special place to pursue greatness at the highest possible levels," noted Hon. "I want to sincerely thank Coach Henry, Texas A&M and Aggies far and wide for this once in a lifetime opportunity to join the Aggie family.

"I would also like to thank Florida State University and coach Bob Braman for a wonderful opportunity and many years of success."

Athletes coached by Hon who earned ACC honors included Shauna Helps (2016) and Ka'Tia Seymour (2018) each being recognized as Women's Outdoor Freshman of the Year, Trey Cunningham (2018) being named indoor and outdoor Men's Freshman of the year, along with Seymour claiming ACC Championship Track MVP twice indoors (2018, 2019) and once outdoors (2019).

Prior to joining Florida State, Hon spent 13 years at the University of Cincinnati as a record-setting student-athlete as well as an assistant coach. The Cincinnati native spent seven years as a full-time assistant with the Bearcats, directing hurdlers and sprinters, while serving as the recruiting coordinator for his final two years.

Hon enjoyed a record-setting collegiate experience as a hurdler with the Bearcats, setting the 60-meter hurdles record and winning the 2001 Conference USA title in the 400 hurdles as the team MVP. He also qualified for the 2004 and 2008 US Olympic Trials.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.