The 87th 24 Hours of Le Mans is Next Week

1,654 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Big Cat `93
PaulSimonsGhost
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It breaks my heart that TexAgs has assigned fans of motorsport to b/tch status by placing it under "other". And most of these auto threads are still on page one.

This is horse sh/t.

I'm getting on a plane for France tomorrow. Then I'm taking a train to a little town that holds the greatest, longest standing race in the world. The 24 Hours of Le Mans.

For the the second time I'll be going to support Houston's own Three-time Le Mans 24 Hours class winner Risi Competizione.

Checkout our special livery this year:

When I get back there better be some changes around here!

I'll bring back pictures and hopefully the clap.

Gig'em
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
tk for tu juan
Sweet looking livery
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Sweet looking livery

Truly.

Risi skipped the 2019 Whether Tech Series after The 2019' Rolex 24 at Daytona because they believe the IMSA rules place the 488 at a disadvantage.

They should join the WEC. Hell, I would.
Who likes racing in front of empty American tracks? The last 24 at Daytona I attended was like a Baylor game w/o the tarp.

Steve McQueen
Big Cat `93
AG
Le Mans is my dream sporting event. Big fan of Risi and sports cars in general. They won me over when I saw the races in Houston in the aughts. Enjoy it.
Furlock Bones
AG
dude, that is awesome that you are going. one of the best races there is.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG

Bonjour du Mans, Ags. About 6 hours and counting down. It's been an exciting week. My French is terrible but fortunately there's plenty of Germans Dutch and Brits here who speak better English and are a better class of people IMO.

Houston's Risi Competizione has all new drivers this year. We have a guy from the UK, Oliver Jarvis, a Brazilian, "Pipo" Derani, and a rookie Frenchman, Jules Gounon.

The Brit, Jarvis is mainly a Prototype class guy. and we talked for about 10 minutes on the differences in steering b/t a prototype and the GTE.

The LM-GTE PRO class is packed this year and it's gonna be pretty damn crowded out there on the track. Frankly we we're both worried about a 2017 repeat where an LMP1 ass wipe shot between the car Risi and the wall hitting us and sending the the #82 Ferrari crashing into the wall after just 6 hours. He kept calling the other prototype drivers "predictable idiots". But sense the GTE class has much looser steering and... and I'm rambling.

Anyway, a podium finish will be tough since this group has been assembled specifically for the race and hasn't had an entire season together.

I wish Risi would simply join the WEC. More prestige, though the ACO top guys are about what you might expect from a French bureaucracy.

Gig'em

Steve McQueen
Big Cat `93
AG
Looks like Motor Trend TV is showing the whole thing.
ddub96
AG
In Le Mans at the race as well supporting my long time friend Ben Keating. He is in the #85 Wynn's Ford GT in the Am class. Long way to go but leading the Am class right now.
Big Cat `93
AG
They just mentioned your boy on the broadcast.

That livery on the 85 is pretty sharp.
tk for tu juan
The announcers sound like they are getting sleep deprived, one is struggling pretty bad.
ddub96
AG
#85 still running well.
ddub96
AG
?dl=0
Trying to post photo. Sorry not ideal but the link should take you to the vehicle photo from the grid walk yesterday before the race.
ddub96
AG
Still running strong with a P1 in class. And still the opposite when it comes to posting a photo!!
tk for tu juan
Stop and go penalty for spinning the tires on a pitstop for Keating. Such a BS penalty in motorsports
ddub96
AG
Incredibly difficult decision. Especially when during a 24 hour race it is all but guaranteed that has happened multiple times across multiple teams without a penalty being called. But still a small lead of a few seconds and Jeroen Bleekemolen in car with chance to win. Going to be incredibly tight for next 34 minutes.
tk for tu juan
Nice win in GTE-Am

ddub96
AG
Just got done with trophy ceremony. Incredible win for Ben and his team. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Big Cat `93
AG
That was the most of the race I got to watch a long time. Fun to watch even though Toyota winning was a foregone conclusion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.