Outdoor track meets

4,799 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by oklaunion
aggierun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A&M has done a great job of streaming home indoor track meets! Anyone know if they will stream outdoor meets as well? THANKS in advance
triniaggie
AG

It seem like Tyra Gittens is healthy again to compete outdoors.
She and Nathan Hite are listed to compete at the Texas relays in the multi events in two weeks

https://texassports.com/documents/2019/3/13//2019_Texas_Relays_Heptathlon_Qualifiers.pdf?id=12892

https://texassports.com/documents/2019/3/13//2019_Texas_Relays_Decathlon_Qualifiers.pdf?id=12893

aggierun
If you google Arizona State track and field home meet information it will lead you to the entry list for the Baldy Castillo Invitational (A&M opens their outdoor season there this weekend)
triniaggie
AG

Interesting that Jamal Walton is still competing this weekend unattached. He is schedule to run the 200m.

Tyra Gittens is listed to compete.
The others with outdoor eligibility competing are
Robert Grant 4x400
Sam Hardin Javelin
Taylor Clayton 1500m

https://thesundevils.com/documents/2019/3/13//2019_baldy_castillo_invite_performance_list.pdf?id=13948

aggierun
Can only assume the coaches haven't yet made up their mind about Jamal Walton: On the TFFRS indoor roster he first appeared as 'unattached/redshirting', then that disappeared, to reappearing at the end of the indoor season. The TFRRS outdoor roster has him redshirting...kind of confusing.
Also a bit confusing is we never heard why triple jumper Tahar never appeared at NC's and now I notice his name no longer appears on roster!
aggierun
MY BAD!! PHEW!!! TRIKI STILL LISTED...DON'T KNOW WHAT I WA SLOOKING AT!!
TRM
AG
Congratulations to Nathan Hite for winning the Texas Relays Decathlon. He should make nationals with his score.
tk for tu juan
NCAA outdoor record pole vault by Olivia Gruver who transferred from Kentucky to Washington to follow her vault coach

aggierun
In the Men's Open 4X100 today at the Texas Relays, Team International competed with Former Ag long jumper Willisms running the first leg while freshman Jamal Walton ran the 3rd leg.
Oogway
Did anyone else happen to see the announcement with Pat Henry that there would be a dual meet in 2020 with Texas? I missed the start of it so I didn't hear if that is at the new stadium.

The new stadium is pretty nice. Can't wait for the first meet!
TRM
AG
2020 meet is in Austin and 2021 meet at A&M.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
aggierun said:

In the Men's Open 4X100 today at the Texas Relays, Team International competed with Former Ag long jumper Willisms running the first leg while freshman Jamal Walton ran the 3rd leg.
AAAAAAAAAAnd who won?
aggie67,74&76
AG
Texas A&M Men and Women earn team of the meet honors at The Texas Relays.

Congratulations on an outstanding meet Ags!
TRM
AG
2nd meet at home - really impressed with the women's jump crew right now. We have 5 women capable of long jumping 20 ft plus. Not to mention Matocha and Brown are improving in the high jump as well.

Markert is improving quickly in the javelin. She's already throwing 160'.
tk for tu juan
Finally starting to thaw out from tonight. Maybe in two weeks the weather will finally cooperate
TRM
AG
Didn't make it to the meet this week with the weather. I hope it's better in 2 weeks.
oklaunion
Saturday's wind was brutal. They had to cancel the pole vault and the jumpers had a hard time getting their steps due to 30-40 mph gusts.
The south iron perimeter fence took damage when a large item was blown into it before the meet started. I heard the wind flipped some of the jumping pits, high jump or pole vault.
tk for tu juan
They had to stop using the lane markers behind the blocks because the wind was causing them the slide. The wind sock at the pole vault pit blew over multiple times before finally canceling the event. They started hot lapping the 1500m sections to speed up the schedule (gun sounded immediately after the last person finished the previous section)
triniaggie
AG
Tahar Triki is officially off the roster. Maybe it it is NCAA eligibility.

https://12thman.com/roster.aspx?path=track

It seem every year we are not able to have our full compliment of potential scorers for the outdoor season. I think last year year we had no Robert Grant and Will Williams
TRM
AG
Turned pro. Looks like it's been in the works since Feb./March. My guess is he wanted to stay injury free and peak for Worlds this year rather than NCAAs.

I wouldn't compare it to Grant or Williams since they were injured but we have been missing lots of important parts to our team.
tk for tu juan
Sammy Watson was at the Rice Twilight meet yesterday, ran a 4:30 in the 1500m
TRM
AG
Finally a nice day at the new track yesterday. Danyel, Amber, Brenessa, and Syaira all looked impressive. Jamal Walton looked good as well; wish he wasn't redshirting. Izu, Tucker, and Grant looked great too.

If anyone is going to SEC Outdoors in Fayetteville, UA is having graduation that weekend.
tk for tu juan
Why is the meet this week on Friday instead of Saturday?
TRM
AG
I'm guessing the local elections on Saturday interfere with the number of volunteer that can help run the meet.
Look Out Below
AG
Because our friends in Austin had originally scheduled a meet for Saturday. Our officials usually work both school's meets.
tk for tu juan
That makes sense, thanks. Originally thought it was for graduation, but that is next week.
oklaunion
Look Out Below said:

Because our friends in Austin had originally scheduled a meet for Saturday. Our officials usually work both school's meets.
Which brings up an important subject. There is a HUGE need for officials for track and field in our state. With so many meets statewide, both collegiate and HS, officials are spread thin. Many of the A&M officials travel from west Texas and the DFW area, not to mention from Central Tx and the Gulf Coast just to help out. No pay, just a meal and maybe a hotel room if they are from X number of miles away. A very dedicated bunch but they are always looking for more, especially locals who don't have to travel.
oklaunion
Today's meet, the last outdoor home meet of the season, was just cancelled due to weather.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.