Job opening: Longhorn Tennis

2,749 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by agwarrior
PFG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/26238811/feds-allege-coaches-bribed-school-admission

Well, bye.
Raven
S
This makes me very sad. Whether Mike is guilty or not, the damage has been done. Remember the good times .
tk for tu juan
He only received $100,000? Yale's womens soccer coach got $400,000. Talk about a pay gap...
Chapa96
AG
Would love to see how this plays out. He is already put on administrative leave and appeared in court today. They've got OSU next.
bigfoot10s
AG
Raven said:

This makes me very sad. Whether Mike is guilty or not, the damage has been done. Remember the good times .

Not sure why it makes you sad. If it ends up that he did it, he should spend time in prison. I thought Center was smarter than that.
Raven
S
Just sad that it has come to this and that Mike was stupid enough to get caught up in this scheme.
Coryhub
Georgetown tennis coach got 2.7 million...!!!

Wonder if Denton will consider going to his alma matter... but I see the Horns going after Roditi. He worked with Del Conte at TCU. I know he played TCU but tu has deeper pockets.
Raven
S
Doubt Steve would consider leaving. Interesting time, however on the 40 acres.
bigfoot10s
AG
Coryhub said:

Georgetown tennis coach got 2.7 million...!!!

Wonder if Denton will consider going to his alma matter... but I see the Horns going after Roditi. He worked with Del Conte at TCU. I know he played TCU but tu has deeper pockets.

I hadn't thought of Roditi, but I figure Denton is in the mix. Only reason I could see them not considering him is his age. Roditi would be good there but I don't know if he will leave TCU.
agwarrior
AG
Yep, I imagine Roditi and Denton would be top choices to replace Center. Unfortunately, Roditi may be a tougher sell than Denton. I wonder what Denton's relationship with Joffe was like at ATM and if that could come into play one way or the other?
bigfoot10s
AG
agwarrior said:

Yep, I imagine Roditi and Denton would be top choices to replace Center. Unfortunately, Roditi may be a tougher sell than Denton. I wonder what Denton's relationship with Joffe was like at ATM and if that could come into play one way or the other?

Don't think it was a great relationship. Lots of arguments about camps and other things from what I know. I believe the split in camps came during Joffe's years?
Coryhub
Roditi and Del Conte have great relationship.. Roditi was asst at tu for a while as well... I know he loves TCU and his blood runs purple but money talks... depends if his wife prefers Austin or FW.. few other thoughts
Roddick at UCF has a good deal bc of the usta and it pays well, but tu is much bigger name.
Crowell - player at tu now at HC at OU, spent lot of time at FSU as asst with Holquist who was at tu forever
agwarrior
AG
Roddick would make a lot of sense.
agwarrior
AG
On another note, What a scam this is! If Center is found guilty, it's hard for me to believe he just did this once.. I bet there's gonna be a ton of changes to the recruiting/admissions process once all is said and done. I'm sure the NCAA is pissed they didn't get their cut..
bigfoot10s
AG
agwarrior said:

On another note, What a scam this is! If Center is found guilty, it's hard for me to believe he just did this once.. I bet there's gonna be a ton of changes to the recruiting/admissions process once all is said and done. I'm sure the NCAA is pissed they didn't get their cut..

He was apparently quoted in October as saying he would do it again if presented.

Oh, and Michael Center has officially been terminated at Texas.
Chapa96
AG
Would be interesting to see what their recruits they've got coming in will do. They've got 4 Blue Chip recruits for next year.
Truvada_for_prep
Good hope Denton goes we don't need a pretend sip as coach , he never graduated from tu.
bigfoot10s
AG
Louis botha said:

Good hope Denton goes we don't need a pretend sip as coach , he never graduated from tu.

Yep, he played tennis there and was an all American. Definitely a pretend sip
agwarrior
AG
Denton left tu, turned pro, won slams, then got his degree later.
Truvada_for_prep
bigfoot10s said:

Louis botha said:

Yep, he played tennis there and was an all American. Definitely a pretend sip

Still not an alumnus of tu
Truvada_for_prep
agwarrior said:

Denton left tu, turned pro, won slams, then got his degree later.

Correct he is an islander
agwarrior
AG
Ok, and your point is?
CUtiger_butA&Mtennis
I doubt that Roditi or Roddick would take the Texas job. Roditi has fully embraced TCU tennis and can be just as successful there as he could be at Texas. Plus TCU is more of a tennis school than Texas anyway as they draw some of the largest crowds in the country for college tennis. Also moving to a Big 12 rival would just feel wrong.

Roddick left Oklahoma specifically to take over a unique role with the new USTA Campus at Lake Nona, I can't see him abandoning that project after just a couple of years just to go back to the Big 12 with a different program.
Coryhub
Yes I think Roditi and Roddick are in good spots, but they would prob be the first 2 calls.

bigfoot10s
AG
Annnnnd Texas beat Ohio State tonight at home
Coryhub
Ohio St didn't have their #1 JJ Wolf who has been dominant. He lost last rd qualies at Indian Wells and is around 280 ATP.
SlickRick
Please Longhorns...take the longhorn back to where he belongs
agwarrior
AG
Denton and his Aggies win again!!
Chapa96
AG
Great SEC Road Win!!
SlickRick
Denton and his horns sounds so much better!
agwarrior
AG
Denton and his Aggies win again!
Truvada_for_prep
SlickRick said:

Please Longhorns...take the longhorn back to where he belongs

He's an islander not a horn also is he still carrying around that spare tire ?
agwarrior
AG
"The Islander", Steve Denton with his spare tire and his #9 ranked AGGIES win again!! Their on a role and he's doing a helluva job!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.