SEC Swimming & Diving Championships

5,524 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DallasAg 94
Artimus Gordon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So what's it going to take to get the men up to speed with the women's program. I congratulate them on their finish, but it looks like there is more work to do.
Look Out Below
AG
They are getting there. They have come light years in the last decade. They are about where the women's team was in 2005 or 2006. On the cusp of a huge breakthrough.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Great info ! Many thanks !
DallasAg 94
Artimus Gordon said:

So what's it going to take to get the men up to speed with the women's program. I congratulate them on their finish, but it looks like there is more work to do.
Just as an observation and looking at results with no personal connection or insight...

It would appear we are not that far off. We have a number of Freshmen swims that added time to the PB, who were seeded to get points.

We have 6 Srs listed, with 1 being a Diver and another who did not record swims. 156 of the 907 Points, not counting Sr impact on relays. If we add 6 Freshmen that swim like the Freshmen we have, "next year" will be interesting.

The caveat for next season is that it is an Olympic year. It isn't uncommon for some of the Olympic hopefuls to pass on the collegiate meets (T&F, included). So, Championships in Olympic years can be volatile.
halco87
Ethan Gogulski
DallasAg 94
halco87 said:

Ethan Gogulski
What a story.

It is an example of why I was cautious about commenting results. You really never know what people are overcoming in their journey.

Thanks for sharing.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.