Sammy Watson turns pro

2,353 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JimInBCS
aggierun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
According to Track and Field News Sammy Watson a current Aggie runner and defending NCAA 800 meter champion has turned pro and will no longer compete for the A&M track team. SHE WILL BE MISSED!
JimInBCS
Wish her the best...she's a special athlete. Kinda odd to go pro mid season, though.
TRM
AG
Big loss for us. Good luck to Sammy.
dlbarnes76
AG
JimInBCS said:

Wish her the best...she's a special athlete. Kinda odd to go pro mid season, though.
No kidding! Why bail during the season/semester? Haven't seen or read anything about her lately. Saw her step off the track running the mile at the Ted Nelson Invite. Is she having injury issues?
DLB76
mullokmotx
AG
Just looked at the roster on 12thman.com and she is still there.
TRM
AG
She's only given her intent to go pro. She doesn't have an agent yet or any endorsement deals, so that's my guess as to why she is still on the roster.
dlbarnes76
AG
Googled her earlier and newspaper in Rochester, NY and said she wants to prepare for the World Championships and Olympics. Will continue to train here in College Station and work on an engineering degree. Probably factors we don't know about, but seems like she would've just finished out the semester.
DLB76
coldmoose
I wish she wasn't leaving. I wish her well.
JimInBCS
Sammy tweeted she has signed with Adidas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.