* NTT IndyCar Series - 2019 *

15,733 Views | 282 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by numetalbizkitaggie
numetalbizkitaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

IndyCar announced a multi-year title sponsorship deal Tuesday with NTT, a global information technology and communications company based in Japan.

The series will be called the NTT IndyCar Series. NTT Data, a subsidiary of parent company Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp., already sponsors a car for Chip Ganassi Racing and received enough exposure from that deal to warrant a larger piece of the open-wheel racing series. The season's first race is March 10 in St. Petersburg, Florida.

The partnership revealed at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit also makes NTT the official technology partner of the IndyCar Series, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Brickyard 400.

"IndyCar has grown in terms of all of our fan metrics and is a valuable global brand that NTT recognizes," Mark Miles, president and CEO of IndyCar and IMS parent company Hulman & Company, told The Associated Press. "We feel great about it because they are a corporate giant in global communications and their strategy is to begin to expose the NTT parent brand, which in Japan is a company much like a merger between AT&T and Verizon."

Source
https://instagr.am/p/BsbJ-MCA2Rf

Race Highlights:

numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Kashchei
AG
2019 IndyCar Champion: Alexander Rossi
Big Cat `93
AG
I wonder if the series will return to Japan soon as a result.
Furlock Bones
AG
Austin
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Kashchei said:

2019 IndyCar Champion: Alexander Rossi
Completely agree, if he learned his lesson from Detroit.
Big Cat `93 said:

I wonder if the series will return to Japan soon as a result.
I would almost bet the farm on that. I think we'll also see Surfer's Paradise added back to the schedule soon.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Some paint schemes/liveries from this week's Sebring test:

^ Spencer Pigot

^ Zach Veach
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Schmidt Peterson is now Arrow Schmidt Peterson.

numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Jack Harvey to run 10 races with Meyer-Shank Racing
Quote:

Pataskala, Ohio (22 January 2019) Building on the team's 2018 six-race NTT IndyCar Series program, Meyer Shank Racing (MSR) is pleased to announce that the team will contest a 10-race program in 2019 with driver Jack Harvey.

The MSR schedule will once again include an entry in the Indianapolis 500 and will grow to include nine IndyCar road course events as the team continues to build the program with sponsorship from AutoNation and SiriusXM.

MSR will open the 2019 IndyCar season in St. Petersburg on March 10th, before heading to Texas for the series' debut at the Circuit of the Americas. April will be another two-race month for the team with outings at Barber Motorsports Park and Long Beach ahead of the Indianapolis Grand Prix and the 103rd running of the Indianapolis 500 in May. June will see the team in action at Road America, with a run at the team's home event at Mid-Ohio in July. The team will head west for the final two rounds of the season with outings at Portland International Raceway and the season-ending event at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.

Continuing its technical partnership with Arrow Schmidt Peterson Motorsports (Arrow SPM), Meyer Shank Racing is eager to take on the 2019 season with Harvey as the team continues to build on the IndyCar program.

Source
The way this is drawn up, seems like he might be able to run the full season if he performs well in the first 6 races.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
In episode 467 of the Marshall Pruett podcast, Sebastien Bourdais said IndyCar is in talks with a manufacturer that was at the 24 Hours of Daytona to become the third engine supplier. That could be any one of the following 16, (eliminating Honda/Acura and Chevrolet who also were present): Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Ferrari, Ford, Hyundai, Lamborghini, Lexus, Mazda, McLaren, Mercedes, Nissan, Porsche, Volkswagen
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Daly to race Indy 500 with Andretti Autosport, U.S. Air Force
Quote:

Last year, Daly ran one of the most eye-catching color schemes in the Indy 500, his Dale Coyne Racing machine painted up as one of the F-16s in the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds display team.

The USAF was sufficiently impressed with the Noblesville, IN. native's performance and with its own activation opportunity in America's biggest sporting event that it has returned to not only back Daly's #25 Andretti Autosport entry, but also become a full-season associate partner of team owner Michael Andretti's four full-time entries driven by Ryan Hunter-Reay, Alexander Rossi, Marco Andretti and Zach Veach.

Said Daly: "I couldn't be prouder to represent the Air Force for a second consecutive year at the Indianapolis 500. I would not be here without the effort from everyone at Andretti Autosport to make sure this program is structured for success.

"It means a lot to see the commitment that the Air Force has shown in me, and the chance to have a shot at winning the biggest race in the world.

"To be teamed with some of my best friends at undoubtedly one of the best teams on the grid is going to be a lot of fun! I've never had the chance to be on a team with multiple 500 winners so I am beyond excited to learn from them and ready to get to work."

Source
Amazing ride for Conor! He'll have a chance this May.

^ Wickens rehab is going temendously. Amazing he is already at this point given the crash was about 5 months ago.

A presenting sponsor for the 500 will be announced today, as well.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Couple of news notes:

- Conor Daly could run more races with Andretti, provided the funding appears.
- The series is going to offer more rear wing options to increase downforce at speedway oval races.
-
numetalbizkitaggie
AG

Santino going for the modern day PT role, I guess.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
More news:

- Kimball to only run 5 races:
Quote:

Today on social media, the 2013 Mid-Ohio winner revealed he will compete on the three big ovals Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Texas Motor Speeway and Pocono Raceway as well as the season-opener in St. Petersburg and the finale at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.
- Harding/Steinbrenner to only bring one car to CotA test and will not appear at Laguna Seca. Pato O'Ward is rumored to be having funding issues.
- Firestone re-ups a 5-year extension.
- NBC Sports Gold to cover Practice, Qualifying, and offer Ad-free on-demand replays of the races for $55 a year.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
- Open testing at CotA today, if anyone wants to stop in and watch.

- Pato O'Ward and Harding have parted ways and Pato is pursuing a new opportunity.
- Kyle Kaiser and Juncos Racing will be at CotA.
- RC Enerson tested the 23 car for Carlin at Laguna Seca. Maybe he will split some of the other races that Kimball isn't entered + 500 in third car.
- Here's some video from the Sebring test:
Big Cat `93
AG
I wonder if they still do any testing at MSR in Angleton. I've seen Indycar team and Firestone trucks on 288 on more than one occasion.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Possible, but the series does limit the number test days the teams get, though. If it's a Firestone tire test, that wouldn't count against the limit.

Testing footage below:

numetalbizkitaggie
AG
More News:

- There's a bunch of stories out there about Pato O'Ward turning down or not turning down an 8-race Andretti deal. There's a lot more to the story than what's out there.
- McLaren will lease garage space, as well as technical and operational support from Carlin.
- Mike Tirico will host NBC's Indy 500 coverage. (The guy who hosts Football Night in America as well as the Kentucky Derby). This speaks to the level of which NBC intends to treat this race; as it should be treated.
Big Cat `93
AG
I love what NBC is doing. I remember when Jim McKay used to call Indy. He was the top dog at ABC in those days (rightly so). Tirico hosting this is somewhat similar.
Kashchei
AG
I try and get into the Daytona 500 and every year it seems to end with red flags.
Kashchei
AG
And then another yellow
cap-n-jack
At least they have the green, white, checkered. I wish Indcar would do this. Nothing more maddening than a race finishing under yellow. But yeah this is boring.
Kashchei
AG
This is like a close basketball game where the last minute takes 20. I don't care who wins, just pulling for a Toyota.
cap-n-jack
Id like to see a car from the Gibbs stable win. Seems like a good dude.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Just get thru this first lap caution free and then let it become an absolute free for all to finish it out.
cap-n-jack
Nice drive. Dude put his foot in it and left the field.
TV Casualty
AG
cap-n-jack said:

At least they have the green, white, checkered. I wish Indcar would do this. Nothing more maddening than a race finishing under yellow. But yeah this is boring.

I think NASCAR was more exciting when they raced back to the yellow flag.

You had the excitement of a wreck and then the camera jumps to to the leaders with the announcer saying "this could be for the win".

Usually with the green white checkered finish you have multiple wrecks and the 2 laps isn't enough for them to really have a battle for the win.
tk for tu juan
Wish I could find the full video of the monster energy girl blankly staring at the camera for the entire victory lane interview

Big Cat `93
AG
Death, taxes, and The Big One at Daytona and Talladega.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG

Pipa Mann's Indy 500 entry.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG

Sage back with D&RR for the 500.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG

Happy for O'Ward to land on his feet.
Big Cat `93
AG
Pretty cool. I want to see what the kid can do on different types of tracks.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
P1 Top 5:
1 - F. Rosenqvist - 1:01.822
2 - R. Hunter-Reay - 1:02.064
3 - M. Ericsson - 1:02.081
4 - S. Dixon - 1:02.131
5 - A. Rossi - 1:02.147
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
P2 Top 5:
1 - R. Hunter-Reay - 1:00.897
2 - S. Pigot - 1:00.981
3 - M. Andretti - 1:01.035
4 - C. Herta - 1:01.078
5 - M. Chilton - 1:01.117

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.