2019 Women's Tennis

20,904 Views | 175 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mullokmotx
bigfoot10s
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie women begin their season today against Grand Canyon and Utah in Cali. We have 5 freshmen and 3 sophomores this year. Very young but also very talented
Chapa96
AG
I am excited to see what these women can do. They have plenty of talent.
bigfoot10s
AG
Women begin the season 1-0 with a 4-0 win over Utah
Raven
S
Excellent start to the season!
Gap
AG
2 wins to start the season today.

Quote:

Texas A&M 4, Utah 0

Singles competition
1. #110 Jayci Goldsmith (TAMU) def. Brianna Chisholm (UTAH) 7-6 (7-5), 6-2
2. Katya Townsend (TAMU) def. Madison Tattini (UTAH) 6-4, 6-1
3. Renee McBryde (TAMU) vs. Lindsay Hung (UTAH) 6-3, 4-5, unfinished
4. Tatiana Makarova (TAMU) vs. Emily Dush (UTAH) 3-6, 6-3, 2-0, unfinished
5. Riley McQuaid (TAMU) def. Whitney Hekking (UTAH) 6-2, 6-1
6. Lucia Quitero (TAMU) vs. Taylor Calton (UTAH) 7-6 (9-7), 3-0, unfinished

Doubles competition
1. Jayci Goldsmith/Tatiana Makarova (TAMU) def. Whitney Hekking/Leah Heimuli (UTAH) 6-4
2. Renee McBryde/Katya Townsend (TAMU) vs. Brianna Chisholm/Madison Tattini (UTAH) 5-4, unfinished
3. Dorthea Faa-Hviding/Riley McQuaid (TAMU) def. Taylor Calton/Lindsay Hung (UTAH) 6-2

Quote:

Texas A&M 7, Grand Canyon 0

Singles competition
1. #110 Jayci Goldsmith (TAMU) def. Emilia Occhipinti (GCU) 6-1, 6-4
2. Katya Townsend (TAMU) def. Martina Lo Pumo (GCU) 6-0, 6-2
3. Tatiana Makarova (TAMU) def. Celina Buhr (GCU) 6-3, 6-0
4. Riley McQuaid (TAMU) def. Celia Morel (GCU) 6-3, 6-0
5. Dorthea Faa-Hviding (TAMU) def. Ludovica Infantino (GCU) 6-2, 6-4
6. Lucia Quitero (TAMU) def. Autum Prudhomme (GCU) 6-3, 6-1

Doubles competition
1. Jayci Goldsmith/Tatiana Makarova (TAMU) def. Emilia Occhipinti/Celina Buhr (GCU) 6-0
2. Katya Townsend/Lucia Quitero (TAMU) def. Martina Lo Pumo/Ludovica Infantino (GCU) 6-1
3. Riley McQuaid/Dorthea Faa-Hviding (TAMU) def. Celia Morel/Autum Prudhomme (GCU) 6-1
Harry Dunne
bucsfan2
Doubles point goes to TAMU against UH 6-1, 6-3, 4-3 (suspended).
bigfoot10s
AG
Aggies beat UTSA and UH today 7-0 each. Aggies are 4-0, and are 25-0 in all matches played
aggietennisfan
Aggie women on a roll! Here is an interesting tidbit for you tennis fans.Arkansas women picked 14th in the SEC just beat #9 nationally ranked Oklahoma State. Women's Tennis in the SEC is likely the most loaded sport in all of the conference.
bigfoot10s
AG
Aggies beat TCU 4-3 at home! 7-0 on the season!!
bigfoot10s
AG
Aggies also take down PVAMU in the night cap to move to 8-0, best start in school history!
aggietennisfan
Must have been a good crowd at the match according to the tcu press release. 12th Man all the way!
mullokmotx
AG
Looks like there is a big video board at the tennis center.
bigfoot10s
AG
Gap
AG
I didn't expect the cancellation today especially with softball going on across the street. Is more rain expected than appears on radar now? No indoor availability in Bryan either?
bigfoot10s
AG
I found it a bit odd too. I heard that USC had an early flight back out of CS, and had some injuries and sick girls. They lost their match to SMU yesterday. Apparently didn't want to go indoors either.
SlickRick
Could you play a basketball game if it was wet over the entire surface? Not much different than a court. Bigfoot and Einstein. Lots of similarities. Not!
bigfoot10s
AG
SlickRick said:

Could you play a basketball game if it was wet over the entire surface? Not much different than a court. Bigfoot and Einstein. Lots of similarities. Not!

Indoor courts Rick. Indoor courts. They didn't want to play at the indoors.
SlickRick
Last time I checked we do not have indoor tennis courts
rugger74
AG
OK Scott, time to pony up the cash for indoor courts.
bucsfan2
TAMU doesn't, but Bryan does. https://www.experiencebcs.com/listing/bryan-tennis-center/352/
bigfoot10s
AG
Women fall 4-3 on the road against Illinois. Next up: @ OU
Signem
Didn't make the trip north, and didn't have FSO in my channel lineup but the ladies watching the box score didn't appear to be too set back by the IU loss. Riley losses her first match of the season, but Jayci came back and had a higher ranked win, good for her, and Katya snuffs her opponent in a Super Tiebreaker. Things right now look pretty rosy for the ladies. Having a somewhat favorable home schedule getting South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Florida all at Mitchell. It sure looks promising to have a double digit win total before we even start in the SEC. All this with 5 count'em 5 freshman and 3 sophomores, and Jessica Anzo is sitting in the wings, with maybe a medical red shirt season. I hope it doesn't become a problem (and it doesn't appear to be) keeping the ladies happy with their court time. Not sure at all now where the indoor courts sit on the priority list of construction, but with each passing year it sure becomes more evident to me at least that until we make one available on campus to let our players stay somewhat familiar and adjusted to the different playing style needed to compete in such an environment our winning probabilities will suffer greatly as soon as we walk indoors. Today not withstanding, that is a testament to the quality of players Mark and Jordan have on the court and their coaching style, but IU should have been vulnerable and we let that one slip through our fingers.
Signem
Myself, like I guess a lot on this board, have been watching Aggie sports for decades. This tennis season reminds me of a football season back in the 70's when every home game we played was in the rain. Looking ahead on Weather.com one can only wish that the site is just hedging its bets with a 40% chance of rain this Saturday. In my opinion someone who deserves a gold star so far this season is Christina Amo. When the courts have been wet, which has been every match but one if memory serves correctly, she's done a remarkable job in having them ready as close to scheduled match time as we have experienced in quite some time. May I make a suggestion here, that she get a pat on the back from some Ags the next time you see her.
Signem
mullokmotx, the board has been installed and and looks GREAT! Now, no matter where you are in the complex you can know the scores. Now if you're watching courts 3 and 5 you know what's going on at 2, 4, and 6 and vice versa. Slowly but surely getting ready for the SEC championships this spring, with the exception of indoor courts.
bigfoot10s
AG
Women improve to 11-1 with wins over UTRGV and ACU
bigfoot10s
AG
Women beat Auburn 4-2 after losing the doubles point
bigfoot10s
AG
Women win 4-0 over Bama
Raven
S
Excellent!!!
Chapa96
AG
This team is special! And being oh so young!
bigfoot10s
AG
Chapa96 said:

This team is special! And being oh so young!

They really are the sleeper team this year, but imagine when the sophomores are seniors??? They should make a nice run that year, if not before
bigfoot10s
AG
Women fall to Tennessee (4-3) and #2 Georgia (4-0) on the road this weekend
Truvada_for_prep
bigfoot10s said:

Klienecke needs to go
bigfoot10s
AG
Louis botha said:

bigfoot10s said:

Klienecke needs to go

bigfoot10s
AG
Women beat #4 Vandy 4-2!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.