2018 Reveille Track Meet

1,469 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mred
mred
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Could not attend. Any analysis on todays meet would be greatly appreciated.
oklaunion
I think a male transfer came within a second or so of the school facility 1,000 meter record.
TRM
AG
  • The women's 4x4 looked really good without Fray on it, so we can cut down on some of her running.
  • Triki had a nice 25 ft jump.
  • Jace Comick had some nice times, so hopefully he can build on that.
  • Alstian Walker jumped 6'10".
  • I believe Taryn Milton had a PR in the LJ around 19'7 and almost had a PR in the 60H. She's come a long way when she was running 9+ 60Hs as a freshman.
  • The men's 4x4 looked solid too with a couple 47s and a couple 46s. Jamal Walton ran a 46.1 on his 4x4 leg unattached.
  • I did like the new announcer adding info to the athlete intros like Arkansas does, but he had an annoying voice and mispronounced too many names.
tk for tu juan
Yeah, it was a rough day for the announcer. Favorite moment was when he went on a long, grandiose intro for CJ Stevenson in the second heat of the 60m...CJ was not even at the starting block and was a scratch.
Oogway
Yes, bless his heart. We turned around to the press box, puzzled, when he began naming the men's entries for the mile when the women were lined up at the start.

I wish Texas would've sent more of their distance squad but maybe they are at a different phase since xc nationals.
TRM
AG
Forgot to mention Rachel Bernardo ran a sub 5-minute mile. If I remember correctly, she didn't break 5 minutes until Feb last season.
triniaggie
AG
Maybe this year Fray will focus on the distance medley relay with Sammy Watson and Brittany Parker.

I think the women 4x400 relay will have Jaevin Reed and Danyel White to go with present foursome that ran yesterday
TRM
AG
Agreed, the women's 4x4 has a good group to choose from when they add in Reed, White, and Fray.
Indoors, I'd like to see Fray and Watson try to double in the 800 and the mile along with running the distance medley. Sit and kick the mile and if someone tries to push the pace in the mile hopefully they will pay for it in the 3K if they run that. Outdoors, they should absolutely double especially since they don't have to run on consecutive days and they wouldn't have a relay to worry about. Having them do well in the mile could go a long ways to getting London Culbreath considering us. Even if they don't double, I'm optimistic about the women being able to get to 50 points at nationals, indoors or outdoors, especially with Gittens contributing.

I think the men have more work to do indoors, but they can get to that 50 point barrier when we add in our 400H and javelin crews.
mred
Thanks for all the information.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.