Intramural sports 45 years later

2,416 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by KVK77TexAg
67walkon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dennis Corrington is being honored after 45 years as the head of intramural and recreational sports. tomorrow. He and I started together in 1973. He came over from tu and me back from the military.
By 1978 Dennis had built the program into one of the largest and most improved in the country. Also completed the Penberthy complex and had the Rec Center in the design and develop stages. Was recognized several timed nationally for his successes. Also provided an all SWC DB for coach Jackie. Dennis has contributed as much as anybody to developing solid Ags over the last half century . Thanks Dennis and blessings happiness in retirement. Was an honor.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
Raven
67walkon
Everyone of you played Intramurals and not comments???
wreckt01
The rec and pennerthy were great. Never realized how great until I saw how other schools dropped the ball here. Thanks for your hard work....Gig'em
GrayMatter
BillyBob79
AG
Congratulations albeit belated, to Mr. Corrington. I graduated in 1979 when the fields behind Duncan were used for football and softball. I also remember basketball in the nether reaches of G Rollie where you had 3 3/4 size layouts next door to the tartan floor...and, as a side note, I thought I was going to drown during a swimming competition at Downs Natatorium...and dodging the rats at DeWare should have qualified for something, but I digress.

I hope the students of today realize how lucky they are to have the luxury accommodations that Mr. Corrington was able to spearhead...and putting No. 10 in an Aggie uniform.
Dr.Rumack
CO-ed futbol!
Gibbs Slap
94chem
Innertube water basketball at Downs. Worst "floor burns" ever on the inside of my upper arms from rubbing against the rubber tubes.
KVK77TexAg
AG
Played Lacrosse from 73-78. Thank you, Dennis, and God Bless. #GigEm
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.