Pro Track & Field

2,108 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tk for tu juan
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shot in the dark here at starting a dedicated thread for pro track. I know I can't be the only one that follows it.

Anyone see Noah Lyles run a blazing 200m at the Pre Classic yesterday? I think it's safe to say it appears the future of US men's sprinting is bright.
shady
AG
Saw it...bright future in store for Lyles for sure.

Ameer Webb former aggie track star and defending US Champ was in the race (although in lane 2) and Lyles smoked him.

US championships June 21-24.

Pahdz
Michael Norman is looking pretty salty at 400m at USC right now. He and Fred should be studs for us at 400m for years as well.
Nick Toohey
AG
Jess Beard was 4th the Pre Diamond League, fresh of her first PB since she graduated from A&M 8 years ago last week. Amazing persistence from Jess.
shady
AG
Josh Norman with a 19.83 200 at the Paris diamond league meet yesterday.

Norman vs Lyles in the 200 on Thursday at the diamond league meet in Switzerland.
Pahdz
Gonna be a great showdown

Also, Sam Kendricks looking real hard at the American record this year. Vaulted real well this weekend.

There is some mad speed in the 400h globally this season too.
shady
AG
Yeah...that 400h race was insane with Samba running the second fastest time in history. I think Kevin Youngs WR may be in jeopardy.
Pahdz
i hate to put this on the kid, but Lyles is going to break Bolt's 200m record eventually. Dude looks like he's still accelerating through the line when he finishes.

oragator
Noah Lyles and his brother were committed to UF before blowing up.
We could have had both Lyles, Holloway and Sani Brown on the same team.

Glad he is doing well though.
Gig Em5014
AG
Did anyone watch the Athletics World Cup last weekend? I thought it was an interesting concept. I'd like to see it catch on and countries get more interested in it. The US ended up pulling away on day 2 but there was some quality competition. And Ameer Webb ran the 200 for the US.
tk for tu juan
Almost at the two year mark for the Tokyo 2020 opening ceremonies, July 24th. They just released the mascots yesterday

Next year's World T&F Championship will be launching point for the already building hype on this year's promising sprinters and middle distance runners. Bloomfield (JAM) ran a PR of 19.81 in the 200m this weekend after mainly running 400m in the college season.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.