Women's Tennis at NCAA Tournament

2,065 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Sean Hannity11
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Won the doubles over Rice, lost at #1 singles, won at #5 singles.
mullokmotx
AG
Lost at #3 singles, other 3 matches all in the 3rd set.
mullokmotx
AG
Riley McQuaid just won at #4 singles. Need Olivares at #2 or Ivascu at #6 to win to take the match.
bigfoot10s
AG
Ivascu wins 7-6 in the third! Rice girl gets overruled at 6-6 in the TB, and it was her third overrule, so she gets a point penalty as well!! Whoop!!
coloradoag69
AG
Congrats to the Ladies. They really survived a back and forth match. I don't know how well they'll do against tu, but here's hoping for a bit of a miracle.

I assume that the tu women will win their match as they are the #1 seed.
Chapa96
AG
bigfoot10s said:

Ivascu wins 7-6 in the third! Rice girl gets overruled at 6-6 in the TB, and it was her third overrule, so she gets a point penalty as well!! Whoop!!

WOW!!!

Congrats!!! I assume tu will win as well. That would be something to beat the ex coach.
Sean Hannity11
Keliencke needs to go
mullokmotx
AG
Did the overrule occur at 6 to 6 in the tiebreaker? Anybody see what happened?
bigfoot10s
AG
Sean Hannity11 said:

Keliencke needs to go

What the hell are you talking about?
bigfoot10s
AG
mullokmotx said:

Did the overrule occur at 6 to 6 in the tiebreaker? Anybody see what happened?

Yes, Aggies serving at 6-6 in the third set TB. Ivascu hits a backhand down the line that rice calls out on the far sideline from the chair. Ivascu appealed to the chair, who called it out. Weaver told her she had to appeal to the linejudge on the far sideline, who overruled. That was Rice's Third overrule in the match, which is a point penalty. 8-6 we win the TB
mullokmotx
AG
So because Ivascu actually got the point it was then 7-6, and another point was added on because of the third overrule? Sounds like there was an extra official at that time other than the chair which I have seen sometimes when other matches have finished.
Chapa96
AG
We played Rice not tu. tu is tomorrow's match.
bigfoot10s
AG
Chapa96 said:

We played Rice not tu. tu is tomorrow's match.

I apologize. Watching the match on the tu website at the tu courts got me confused.
bigfoot10s
AG
mullokmotx said:

So because Ivascu actually got the point it was then 7-6, and another point was added on because of the third overrule? Sounds like there was an extra official at that time other than the chair which I have seen sometimes when other matches have finished.

Yes, that's how it happened. I've never seen that before. And yes, they put another umpire out to call the far sideline. Worked out well for us and is a great idea when they have the person available
mullokmotx
AG
Rich Croome in the Bryan Eagle had a good account of this.
WILDMAN95
AG
Ladies got swept.
SA68AG
AG
WILDMAN95 said:

Ladies got swept.
Not exactly shocking. Next year should be a different story when the new recruits arrive.
Chapa96
AG
Will the new recruits be able to jump in to play lines 1-3?
HCLi
Was at the match today. Totally outplayed...some of the shot selections were questionable (especially Makarova)

Nice to have the number 1 ranked recruiting class. But the problem is the top 3 are graduating and the lower 3 of the lineup aren't exactly crushing the competition. Also Cal had the top ranked men's class last year and they got swept pretty convincingly in Austin.
bigfoot10s
AG
Chapa96 said:

Will the new recruits be able to jump in to play lines 1-3?

Yes.
bigfoot10s
AG
I think what Mark is most excited about is you are about to have a core group of girls that are together for three years. When the incoming freshmen are seniors, we should be a top five or 10 program
Sean Hannity11
Ladies got swept typical Coach Klienecke
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.