A&M/South Carolina Men's Tennis

1,068 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by blake2003
Raven
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
The Aggies take on the Gamecocks at noon today at the Mitchell Tennis Center. It should be a good match. If you are in the area stop by and support the guys.
Chapa96
AG
I wish I lived in the area.
bigfoot10s
AG
Men lose the doubles point with losses at 2&3

Need 4 singles wins
tleeper
AG
5-1 Aggies with 5 straight set wins in singles. Arthur lost the first set but is on track to split sets.
tleeper
AG
Arthur closes out the 3rd set tiebreak. Ags win 6-1!
agwarrior
blake2003
AG
That was a bit closer than the score indicated. There were many close games, but when they lost 5 of 6 first sets the wind really came out of their sails.

I was down on court 5 watching Juan Carlos break his opponent down and heard the South Carolina squad (non-playing players and support staff) yelling crazy loud. Based on all the yelling I would've sworn we were getting destroyed. We weren't.

After Arthur dropped his first set the loudest one yelled "SET ON TWO GAMECOCKS" like so many teams do, but followed up with "WHOS NEXT?" to which I replied "NO ONE." I was right.
bucsfan2
Juan Carlos was fantastic. Favorite part of the match was the SCar coach telling Carlos's opponent "look at him", to encourage him. The Aggie crowd followed it up with phrases like, "he's better than you'll ever be", "he's less tired than you", etc.
blake2003
AG
I'm the one who yelled "he looks less tired than you." That really was the turning point in the match.
blake2003
AG
btw me yelling this is not what I'm saying had anything to do with the match changing. It was all Carlos wearing the guy down. He is so fun to watch!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.