Outdoor Track Begins

3,851 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TRM
aggierun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The 2018 season gets underway this weekend in Tempe, AZ with the running of the Baldy Castillo Invitational. While several top indoor performers are not entered (Audi Wyatt, Ilolo Izu), Soph Tarik Tahir makes his outdoor Aggie debut contesting the triple jump. Does anyone on this board know the status of InfiniteTucker, a talented hurdler out NJ, who has yet to compete this year.
TRM
AG
Live resultsfor the Baldy Castillo Invitational.
aggierun
Team competes at the Road Runner Invitational (UTSA) this weekend...competitors list posted at
http://www.sidearmstats.com/utsa/track/ ...click on event in left hand column and competitors are listed.
triniaggie
AG
Nice to see listed to compete is Infinite Tucker in the 400mh. I hope he is fit enough to run.
Also Jaevin Reed is listed in women 4 x 400 B relay team.
I guess it is good chance to test their recovery from injury
aggierun
INTERESTING 4X100 MEN'S RELAY

Texas A&M 'A'
1) Deadmon, Bryce 2) Grant, Robert
3) Kerley, Mylik 4) Johnson, Kyree
TRM
AG
Triki jumps 25-7 on his opening jump. Great for our outdoor chances.
aggierun
Yes, a great jump for Triki...and his best event is probably the triple jump...could score some big points in his time in College Station!
Look Out Below
AG
Got a chance to see him jump yesterday. His third jump was well over 26 feet but had the smallest of fouls. This kid is a game-changer.

Also, encouraged to see Infinite Tucker go 51.4 (in lane 1) in his first 400 hurdles of the season.
tk for tu juan
The Aggies will be in Houston this weekend for the UH Alumni Invitational
aggierun
Heat sheets now posted for Saturday's meet at Houston:
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/hou/sports/c-track/auto_pdf/2017-18/misc_non_event/Alumni_Invitational_Heats.pdf

Oogway
Men and women had a pretty good meet in Houston. Weather (except for wind) was great for distance but less than ideal for sprints/field events. In spite of that kudos to all for getting out there and bringing back the team wins!
tk for tu juan
Some of the photos from yesterday. The wind started to get miserable near the end of the meet. Glad I did not have to jump into water like the steeplechasers.

2018 UH Alumni Invitational Photos
TRM
AG
It was miserable in the stands yesterday. I thought we had some good times/marks considering the conditions. I bet the team will be happy they're heading to California next week.
aggierun
Milesplit.com is reporting that CJ Stevenson of Great Oak, CA is signing with the Ags. He has best marks of 24-3 and 50-5 in the horizontal jumps. Great signing!!
triniaggie
AG
Hurdler Masai Russell has decommitted from Texas A&M and signed with Tennessee.
She committed in the early signing period but never signed which I found strange at the time.
Look Out Below
AG
Look Out Below
AG
Look Out Below
AG
aggierun
Whoa! Just noticed on the roster/coaches page that Alleyne Francique is no longer listed as coaching middle distance runners. Guess he's gone?
TRM
AG
There was a rumor going around after indoors that he was on the way out. I guess it was true.
ksmith3764
Look at the pictures from the Houston meet. Who is that coach next to the track hollering at the 800 meter runners. Francique???
Look Out Below
AG
No, that is Milton Mallard.
aggierun
Heat sheets are now up for tomorrow's meet at UCLA: http://uclabruins.com/documents/2018/4/13//Rafer_JJK_meet_program.pdf
Interestingly' no Bob Grant in any event (relay or open 400/hurdles)...hope he's not hurt
also apparently Kryzias didn't make the trip as he is not listed in the javelin
ksmith3764
Coach Chico told me at the utsa meet that John will only throw at three meets. Sec ncaa regional and ncaa , which makes sense to me. Threw during summer in Europe and aggravated his elbow.
aggiepe
Alot of people have not competed much or at all this outdoor season that are critical to team. Besides Robert Grant and Javelin thrower John, there is Danyel White who last competed in the indoor NCAA 200 final. Mylik probably ran one relay. Jaevin Reed (probably still a bit injured) is listed on the relay team tomorrow. 400m runner Kadecia Baird only ran a couple of race.
Maybe it is a new strategy tohave some of them compete only in a few events. We really have no details on any of them
Pahdz
Things are getting a little ridiculous with Sydney McLaughlin at Kentucky, she's now ran 11.07 in the 100m. Are we looking at the next great track star?
triniaggie
AG
tu will host the 2019 and 2020 NCAA Div 1 Championship.
Oregon will host 2021 and 2022.
I guess we have to wait and see when we will get to host an NCAA championship
JimInBCS
triniaggie said:

tu will host the 2019 and 2020 NCAA Div 1 Championship.
Oregon will host 2021 and 2022.
I guess we have to wait and see when we will get to host an NCAA championship

Saw this posted elsewhere today. I'd love to see outdoor nationals here in CS, and with the outstanding job our officials do at indoor nationals you'd think TAMU would be in consideration. Quick question though...will the new outdoor facility have sufficient seating to host the event? I thought I read somewhere that the stadium would initially hold 3,000 or so.
triniaggie
AG
Heat sheet for the Baylor's Michael Johnson Classic this Saturday posted

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/bay/sports/c-track/auto_pdf/2017-18/misc_non_event/michael-johnson-invite-heat-sh.pdf

Still no sign of Robert Grant, Kadecia Baird, Danyel White and Audrey Malone.

Good news is Jaevin Reed is listed in the 200m and 4x400m
Ioannis Kyriazis is also listed in the Javelin
Look Out Below
AG
Baird is no longer listed on the roster.
aggierun
I don't believe Robert Grant has yet competed outdoors this season..is he "dinged" up? Expected him to lead a strong group of long hurdlers!
ksmith3764
He was at the utsa meet but did not see him run. Warming up like he was on four by one but I had to leave for an hour so I did not get to see the relay.
SachseAg
AG
Anyone know what the bag policy is at Baylor's track stadium? Planning on heading down for the meet tomorrow and wondering about backpacks. Haven't found anything online yet.
Oogway
For the football stadium it's no backpacks so to be safe, I would work under that assumption. If I find anything out, I'll post it here.
Oogway
Also saw that some are running Mt. Sac:

Women 10K:
Karis Jochen 34:07.95 (15th)
Ashley Driscoll 35:47.91 (41st)

Men's 10K:
Brandt Preston 30:02.68 (18th)

Mens 5K
Alex Riba and Cameron Villareal are running in separate divisions.

Also saw former student Fred Kerley will be running in the 200 Saturday as will Elijah Hall (UofH). Would like to get a lookey at that race.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.