Men's tennis vs. Ohio State

1,691 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Raven
agwarrior
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Disappointing loss but could have gone either way. I would be more concerned if we took the L at home. I know it's early and there are a lot of variables that go into individual rankings from the ITA, but this matchup was crazy. Our highest ranked player(Vacherot) is currently #35 and playing line 4. Osu's line 6 guy is currently ranked #30 and their line 2 is ranked #5. Long story short is both these teams are loaded!
SA68AG
AG
Looking forward to seeing how we do in the ITA indoor championships coming up.
Counterpoint
AG
What was up with that spitting incident?
SA68AG
AG
Counterpoint said:

What was up with that spitting incident?
See the" Aggie Men's Tennis signs top player in nation" thread.

On page 2 you can read a discussion and see the incident.

Not good.
bruno319
AG
Definitely not good and now being reported by every outlet. Never expect tennis to be a sport we worry about bad publicity from. Guess that's why I was so shocked when I saw that.
lazuras_dc
AG
New to following NCAA tennis: can someone explain the scoring to me? Looks like the first two matches we had we won 4-0 with several lines "unfinished"... also for doubles winning 2 out of the 3 = 1 point? then you have 6 from the singles matches? thx!
Raven
S
The team that wins 2 out of 3 of the doubles matches is awarded one point. There are then six singles matches each worth one point. If you can get four points you win the match. Many times once a team reaches four points the remaining matches are suspended. This happens frequently in the NCAA tourament or by coaches agreement.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.