Aggie Women's Tennis - #1 Recruiting Class in THE NATION!!

1,873 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bigtimeag1977
bigfoot10s
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Weaver is doing big things in Aggieland, and the future looks bright! These rankings don't even include Renee from Australia, who is ranked higher than all three girls on this list

https://www.tennisrecruiting.net/article.asp?id=252371850
aggietennisfan
Impressive!
Chapa96
AG
Impressive indeed. Tech at #2? Whoah.

Love me some Aggie Tennis!
SA68AG
AG
Great news and a great write-up.
Gap
AG
Very nice write up. Below is a summary with more details on the players in the article.

Quote:

Texas A&M has long been a stalwart in college women's tennis. The Aggies have participated in the NCAA Championships every year this century and reached the championship match in 2013.

Head Coach Mark Weaver is now in his third year at the helm of the program, and he is methodically building up the program in College Station. 2017 saw the unseeded Aggies upset No. 16 Baylor in the NCAA Tournament and advance to the Round of 16 in Athens before falling to No. 1 seed and eventual national champion Florida. Recruiting was at an all-time high as well, as Weaver reeled in the school's first-ever Top 10 recruiting class.

Weaver can look forward to even more in 2018-19, as our panel voted Texas A&M No. 1 in our Winter Recruiting Class Rankings. The Aggies earned 8 of 19 first-place votes and 450 out of a possible 475 points to outdistance the competition. The Aggie class features a pair of Blue Chip seniors and a top Canadian player.
Hershey97
Can't forget about Coach Szabo as well. He had to play a big part in getting Renae from Austrailia, being an Aussie himself. I know Coach Weaver was working hard on those first few recruits (Goldsmith, Townsend) but props to Szabo as well for finishing off the class! Two great men getting to work
bigfoot10s
AG
nick_hershey said:

Can't forget about Coach Szabo as well. He had to play a big part in getting Renae from Austrailia, being an Aussie himself. I know Coach Weaver was working hard on those first few recruits (Goldsmith, Townsend) but props to Szabo as well for finishing off the class! Two great men getting to work

Did not mean to leave Jordan out. He definitely had a lot to do with gettinf Renee. Hopefully we use that Aussie pipeline more!
SlickRick
Amazing no one and dones with this group I am sure, yet the #1 Recruiting class in the nation.
RodgerDodger
Great news!
coldmoose
This is great!
tleeper
AG
Also, according to tennisrecruiting.net, the men's class is at #2. I don't believe this includes the addition of the #1 ranked player.
bigfoot10s
AG
tleeper said:

Also, according to tennisrecruiting.net, the men's class is at #2. I don't believe this includes the addition of the #1 ranked player.

It doesn't include Kypson because he enrolled early. He won't be here in the fall anyways...
tennisaggie
I have heard that Jordan Szabo had a lot to do with all the new signings, not just the Australian girl.
bigfoot10s
AG
tennisaggie said:

I have heard that Jordan Szabo had a lot to do with all the new signings, not just the Australian girl.

Jordan was the perfect hire for Mark at the asst position
MidTnAg
AG
This is definitely great news. But unfortunately, there are still 2 months left in the recruiting period.

Are there any other possible high ranking tennis players we are fervently recruiting?
bigfoot10s
AG
Why is it unfortunate that there are two months left?
Harry Dunne
Looks like they have done an oustanding job! When you have the number one recruiting class in the country, no need to keep on looking around for 2018s just make sure you get those kids to campus in August.

Also, the coaches can focus on guiding and developing this young team and not have to worry about being on the road doing last-minute recruiting all spring.

There may be some bumps this season which is natural after graduating 3 All-Americans, but this is a top-shelf coaching staff & the future is very bright.
bigtimeag1977
From what I understand, they are signing an Australian player who has the highest UTR of the group and they have no scholarships available after that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.